It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would YOU want End of the World?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
People always tend to get mad at me when I speak about this, but I think if earth had feelings, she's hate humans.

The ones who make decisions, and have the means to DO, are greedy, disgusting, and suffering from sever capitalistic tunnel vision. It's cheaper to dump in the ocean, than to bury, or dispose of in a way that poses no environmental thread. We've made these oceans look like a damn horror movie in some places. Oil, trash, nuclear waste, discarded vaccines, yet we think we're entitled to living forever.

I love this planet, not the NYC, Atlanta part, but the wide open meadow with morning dew and a nice mist. Where animals aren't afraid the come out of their nests, dens, and burrows.
Where trees can just BE without having to be torn down in mass.

I wish there was another way for our species to learn, but I honestly fear that a large scale population reduction by NATURAL causes would be the only way. Those of us who speak up, get nowhere.

well said, i agree with you, saving the planet is the important part.

2012, aliens, messiah, people are looking for hope.

our society is dysfunctional:

from the corrupt financials, even the rich are afraid their money will soon be worthless.

the stupid romantic diplomats living in their palaces, scheduling the next useless meeting, always at least 10 years behind the times.

the legions of lobbyists that circle DC, the EU, etc, feeding at the trough.
the citizen who has to pay more taxes and fees to keep all these kingdoms going.

people must believe in something to have hope as to where the game is going.

on the other side, when people complain, i tell them "these are the good old days"

go and enjoy life, the birds, chipmunks, beach, whatever you're into.

learn to have a nice day, very important, enjoy your life and the world you live in.

and if the end of the world means that the puffins survive, and that the Oceans are still feeding them, it will be cool whatever it means.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I would like the end of the world to go like this:

1) mega asteroid impacts the moon, cracking it into 5 big pieces.
2) one of those pieces is in retrograde orbit, and will impact the earth in 5 years.

There is nothing we could do about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Farnhold

I'd prefer to live, thank you very much.

However, if this stupid "Nibiru/ascension" thing does happen hopefully it only effects those who want it to happen, thus leaving the world that is left a more sane and tolerable place to live.

Yeah, 2012 believers being gone is all that is needed to make this a sane and tolerable place to live, lol. I do realise you said more but still.

No I don't want the world to end, but we need to change. Do you agree?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I suggest that wanting the world to be destroyed or ended or most people to be killed is just downright odd. Why would anyone think that they would be a survivor if a calamity happened? Why would anyone think they have the skills to survive such an event if they were not one of the immediately killed?

I certainly prefer the status quo even if it is not perfect.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ever since I can remember, as young as I can recall, I've always felt this 'waiting on the edge of my seat' in the back of my mind - like something huge would happen in my life. Not just to me, but on a mass scale.

I would LOVE for the world as we know it to end. I'm not one to wholly buy into the whole 2012 thing, but there is a part of me I admit is hoping something comes of it. This earth is beautiful, and the life that populates it is just as full of beauty as well, but there are people on this earth who are hell bent on destroying everything and unfortunately they're the ones who have power. I think we all need a wake up call and I hope it happens SOON. The sooner the better I say.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The answer is "Yes" so I can make faces and tell everyone, "I told you so!!!!!! Nanananana..."

Honestly though, this world isn't gonna end, this year or next year so stop worrying about your reincarnation. But S might hit the fan so why don't you prepare for that?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Short answer. Yep.

Longer, but still short answer: I want this world to end.
This soo called 'civilized' society. This "modern world" of capitalism and industrialization fastly moving towards all- out fascism.

But I don't want the destruction of the entire planet and all of it's people.
There are too many good, simple, real human beings on this planet that had nothing to do with the making of any of this BS.
So the destruction of an entire planet , when the entire planet itself is not guilty..
Does not sound like the 'right' thing.

I would gladly accept the end of this entire world as we know it though,
and the beginning of something entirely "new" altogether.
Whatever that may be..
But I would love for divine intervention (or something) to come into play,
wipe out everything that makes the world $hit, and leave us with no other choice but to rebuild again, as an entire species/planet.

My name is already on 'the list' for the difficult job that will be, if indeed I am left here in my current form when the time comes. and it will come. lol

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Some of you really want the World to end? So we can have a do over? Really? Give me a break...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
I suggest that wanting the world to be destroyed or ended or most people to be killed is just downright odd. Why would anyone think that they would be a survivor if a calamity happened? Why would anyone think they have the skills to survive such an event if they were not one of the immediately killed?

I certainly prefer the status quo even if it is not perfect.

Do I detect a note of squirming? LOL I really don't think the question was whether we want to survive!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Squirming me? Not at all.

I think that some people have this fantasy of being a sword swinging hero in the reborn world. There are plenty of comments that suggest people think that they would rise from the ashes and be a leader and everyone would worship their skills and abilities, but for now they are the downtrodden and cannot excel as long as there are other more competent people in the way. They could just knuckle down and work hard and be noticed, but it seems to be easier to wish for a great destruction instead of working hard.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
No just a beginning with either ALL foolish behaviors taught lessons so they can become good souls or a realm free of ALL the bad unchangable souls.. But no Doom and Gloom show...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Personaly i want the human race extinct due to how incositerate we are and how Un-Symbiotic weve been in the past 3000 years.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
"i" have nothing to live for really so "i" would say "bring it", "others" may beg to differ, so it really doesn't matter what "i" think, want, or say/do.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vivalarevolution

if you have nothing to live for then live for the planet...the same as i do. *not saying it will for you but* it helped me find something else to live for and as that went on i went on gaining more. i still live for this planet though, it is my #2 and im not my #1 so.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
one way rather than see it as something horrible, it should be seen as an opportunity, we have not seen the creation of the earth, but we will have the chance to see its destruction. it happens once that's really unique ... there is an end to all we have to see it with philosophy...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Every greedy money hungry ba$tard on this planet needs to end its existence.
And since most the world worships money,... yeah the end is welcomed by me,.
we are due for a reset

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

Ready AND waiting.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

No, that would be rather selfish of me.... Killing off all the animals, and the innocent kids who did not deserve it...... Just mean...

6 billion people in the world..... What did they ever do to you?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
A lot ofpeople THINK they are ready for the end of the world, but if it became a reality I think they would have a different story entirely.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Someone correct me if I am wrong. Most of the whole 2012 date is based on the Mayan calendar. The Maya like many other cultures think of time as a circle. The reason the long calendar ends in 2012 is because they went all the way around and 2012 is where it starts all over again. You reuse the calendar. It will be off a tad but no biggie.

The short count calendar predicted a time of change not the end of the world.So if you think the world will end because of the Mayan calendar think again because they didn't even think that. Heck the calendar already spanned lifetimes and generations past the lifeline of those who designed it why would they need to make it go any farther out. The procession is the starting point and end point.

If you think the world sucks and you want it to end why do you feel everyone else and the planet have to be destroyed along with you? Some of us are not as ready or willing to give up. If the world sucks change it.

I am not waiting for any god to come and save me. I am not a damsel in distress I am the master of my own destiny and don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. I think the whole 2012 thing is a cop out to make people feel better about knowing good and not doing good. It's much easier to do if you tell yourself the world is coming to an end, why even try.

Maybe 2012 is where we finally get off our butts and live up to our potential. If there is a god would he be proud to see we figured it out from our selves? Cut the spiritual apron strings we should be evolved enough by now that we don't need them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join