It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York state just passed same sex marriage bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
This is useless. Look at you people. If you just knew the caliber and number of bills that are being passed daily to take away your freedoms. And now they show this bill and all of you smile like good sheep.

Same sex marriage approved... OH wow! Big deal. If you just knew...

You don't give people enough credit, Jepic. Perhaps most feel this makes the few victories that much sweeter...

Timidgal

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by krill

If it is going to be allowed, I certainly don't think any church or group should be forced to marry gays if it is against their beliefs.

All in all, while I would be for civil unions, I simply cannot abide the use of the word marriage. This is yet another example of the narcissism or our modern western society, where we can have whatever we want and delude ourselves as to the nature of reality. Changing the very meanings of words, mutilation of genitalia in order to identify with one sex or another, fathers as mothers, mothers as fathers, it's no wonder kids are so screwed up today not knowing witch end is up.

Let me just be clear, I am no homophobe and have no problem with gays, with them living together, with them having commitment ceremonies and partnership rights recognized by the state. But all in all, I think this is a bad day for society, and another win for the NWO.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

It's insignificant. It's ridiculous...

And it is no victory.
You are delusional if you think so.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Have to applaud after all there's nothing wrong with gay marriage as long as both parties are consenting adults

Maybe now they will make it legal for me to marry my sister.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CobraCommander

You bet! And makes no mistake. This is why they passed it in the first place. it wasn't because of the people wanting it. But because it is in their interest. They couldn't care less about the people. This bill works into their hands because it is one of their many more laws that help achieve one of their overall objective. To pervert society.

edit on 24-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Coming from a heterosexual man, married for 7 years, I gotta admit I am appalled...

Appalled that not all 50 states have legalized marriage for all adults gay or str8!

Score one for decent people who can lead their own lives without sticking there noses where the dont belong! Now maybe we dont have to her about gay marriage so damned much in the media because they got their way!

edit on 24-6-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

Have to applaud after all there's nothing wrong with gay marriage as long as both parties are consenting adults

What a completely ignorant thing to say. False equivalency strikes again!

BTW, there were religious exemptions written into the bill. It was added via amendment before the bill passed.

Thanks for not being a "homophobe." I am so glad you tolerate them living together. Phew.

link   
reply to post by Jepic

Sigh... Not to those who feel validated by it. With that said, I respectfully understand your cynicism and agree that the magnitude of our stripped liberties can't begin to compare to the small gains; on that point you get no argument from me but you need to celebrate the small victories when you can or else EVERYTHING will be doom and gloom all the time.

Timidgal

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by Jepic

Sigh... Not to those who feel validated by it. With that said, I respectfully understand your cynicism and agree that the magnitude of our stripped liberties can't begin to compare to the small gains; on that point you get no argument from me but you need to celebrate the small victories when you can or else EVERYTHING will be doom and gloom all the time.

Timidgal

It is no victory. Face the reality. You are just along the ride. They decide what gets passed. And how it plays into their hands.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

And then all your dreams will finally come true!
Just kidding!

Seriously, how is a gay person marrying another gay person affecting your life? It isn't and I don't know how many times I've read on various message boards and on talk radio - "Soon they'll be passing laws to marry siblings, kids, animals, etc." Do you realize how offensive that is to a gay person? I'm sure you don't care but I'm guessing a gay person would find it pretty offensive!

I can't wait for the day when all 50 states legalize this so we can move forward. It's not something our country should even be debating at this point, it's ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Are you gay? Did you have this right before? Somehow I think not. For those that were denied this right, it's a pretty BFD.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

Timidgal

It is no victory. Face the reality. You are just along the ride. They decide what gets passed. And how it plays into their hands.

Again, you give too little credit. We're all along for the ride, my friend, because we have no choice. With that, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Timidgal

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

What a completely ignorant thing to say. False equivalency strikes again!

BTW, there were religious exemptions written into the bill. It was added via amendment before the bill passed.

Thanks for not being a "homophobe." I am so glad you tolerate them living together. Phew.

I was responding to the false equivalency. Try some reading comprehension, then get back to me.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by origamiandurbanism

And then all your dreams will finally come true!
Just kidding!

Seriously, how is a gay person marrying another gay person affecting your life? It isn't and I don't know how many times I've read on various message boards and on talk radio - "Soon they'll be passing laws to marry siblings, kids, animals, etc." Do you realize how offensive that is to a gay person? I'm sure you don't care but I'm guessing a gay person would find it pretty offensive!

I can't wait for the day when all 50 states legalize this so we can move forward. It's not something our country should even be debating at this point, it's ridiculous.

I was being facetious, but really, any reason we could have to validate gay marriage, we could also apply to incest. And if you say otherwise, you are being offensive to people who practice familial love behind closed doors.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

Timidgal

Again, you give too little credit. We're all along for the ride, my friend, because we have no choice. With that, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Timidgal

No. We have a choice. We damn straight have a choice. And it will be coming to your doorstep very soon.

It's called revolution.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join