It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot against Seattle military base botched last minute...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Link to article...

WASHINGTON) -- In the latest planned assault on a U.S. military installation -- at least the eighth such conspiracy in the past two years -- two Islamic converts have been arrested for allegedly plotting a Fort Hood-style attack on a Seattle center for new military recruits. The alleged ringleader of the plot, 33-year-old Abu Khalid Abdul-Latif, a convicted felon once known as Joseph Davis, has posted a number of videos on-line attacking the U.S. military, as well as comments praising al Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki, who has been linked to accused Ft. Hood shooter Nidal Hasan. According to the FBI, Abdul-Latif and accused co-conspirator Walli Mujahidh, formerly Frederick Domingue, sought to determine "how they could kill the most military personnel and escape or die as martyrs" during a planned July 5 assault on the Military Entrance Processing Station. The men discussed using "fragmentation grenades" in the facility's cafeteria as a way of maximizing casualties, say authorities, and were arrested after they allegedly purchased automatic weapons from an informant for the planned attack. There have been at least eight attacks or alleged plots against military installations since 2009, including the November 2009 Fort Hood massacre, in which 13 people died at the Texas Army base. Palestinian-American Army Major Nidal Hasan, who had exchanged emails about jihad with Anwar al-Awlaki, is currently awaiting trial on multiple counts of murder and attempted murder. Just this week, Marine Reservist Yonathan Melaku was charged with shooting at military sites, including the Pentagon, after he was arrested in Arlington National Cemetery with a backpack full of inert ammonium nitrate. Melaku allegedly videotaped himself shouting "Allahu Akbar" while shooting at the Marine Corps Museum in Quantico and had a list of bomb-making materials in his home. The FBI say Abdul-Latif hoped the attack on the Seattle processing center would inspire other Muslims to carry out similar assaults on enlistment centers. According to the criminal complaint filed Thursday, Mujahidh told FBI agents that he wanted to die a martyr, and said the purpose of the attack was to kill U.S. military personnel so they could not be deployed to Islamic lands. Abdul-Latif referred admiringly to the 2009 Fort Hood massacre, according to a confidential informant who is quoted in the criminal complaint. Abdul-Latif allegedly said that "if one person could kill so many people, three attackers could kill many more" and that if he was killed in his own attack, his son would be proud he had fought the "non-believers." The top video in a YouTube account apparently maintained by Abdul-Latif is an English-language message by Anwar al-Awlaki called "Why the World Hates America." On a CNN report about Awlaki posted to YouTube, Abdul-Latif posted a comment praising the radical Yemeni-American cleric. "May Allah protect the Sheik Anwar Al-Awlaki, and the Mujahideen fighting the Jihad according to Quran," the post read. On a video of an Awlaki sermon, he posted a comment praising Awlaki and seeming to praise accused Ft. Hood shooter Nidal Hasan. "May Allah bless Anwar al-Awlaki," he wrote. "And hopefully there will be more soldiers who come out of the woodwork to serve Allah." In one of his own videos posted on YouTube, Abdul-Latif urges Muslims to make jihad and says they must stop compromising with "kaffirs" -- non-Muslim infidels. "We must establish Jihad. I don't care what anyone says about that. You can turn me into the FBI, whatever. We need to establish Jihad with the heart, the tongue, and the hand. We need to stop trying to compromise with the Kuffar and stop trying to be their friends because they hate us," he says. In another, he blasts the U.S. for alleged atrocities in Islamic countries, saying, "There are even United States military soldiers who are over there raping women and killing Muslims and are not being held accountable for it." Officials say Abdul-Latif served briefly in the U.S. Navy in 1995. He has at least two felony convictions: robbery in the first degree in 2002 and assault a year later while serving time in Washington state for the robbery. Walli Mujahidh, a 32-year-old from Los Angeles, has no known felony convictions. Former FBI Counterterrorism Chief Bob Blitzer told ABC News that Abdul-Latif and Mujahidh seemed to fit more in the "lone wolf category" than to be part of a substantial terror cell. But he said that law enforcement is now on the lookout for lone wolves, and the alleged plot was "pretty darned serious." "It's pretty obvious we're at war," said Blitzer, "and these people view our military as the enemy, as the arm of the U.S. government that is attacking their people abroad and killing them. And so it's logical that they would be a huge target of folks like this." The suspects appeared in federal court late Thursday to hear charges against them, and were ordered held without bail. A detention hearing is set for next Wednesday

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

My Ma just gave me a call about this botched terror plot. I'm not sure how much damage these two men could have done on a US military base before getting blown away, but they were surely planning for devastation. This is guerrilla warfare on US soil, and these men could very well be your next door neighbor, co-worker, you name it....

By nature I am not a prejudice person, but I surely keep my eyes and ears open to all possibilities. What blows me away is Obama speaks of behind the scenes gun control like its going to make our society a better place. No!! It will just leave us blind and defenseless to an enemy that's already on our soil. I'm glad we have been able to stay one step ahead, but even the best chess players can make a stupid mistake.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hate to be the one...I know it's an important story but already posted. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
doesn't it strike you funny how secretive our nation's security forces are (alphabet-agencies) about what they do, where they are and how they're doing it but whenever they release a press-statement about "terrorist activity", there's enough detailed information in it to fill a Clancy book?

makes ya wonder...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Kind of strange how there is no real information. Everything is "allegedly" etc.

If you discount 911, there has NEVER been any "terrorist attack" on US soil. Name one. And you can't count ones where the intrepid idiots at DHS "foiled a plot" that is the biggest load of bs of all time.

If these "terrorists" always "botch things at the last minute" then wtf are you all so afraid of? Apparently they are complete morons who always get caught. Hmmm.

Or could it be that morons are led into sting operations so that the corrupt gov can claim they are "protecting" you?

It is EXACTLY like a standard Mafia "protection" racket. It's called EXTORTION.

But you love it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Kind of strange how there is no real information. Everything is "allegedly" etc.

If you discount 911, there has NEVER been any "terrorist attack" on US soil. Name one. And you can't count ones where the intrepid idiots at DHS "foiled a plot" that is the biggest load of bs of all time.

WTC attack in 1993.

Need a link?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
Hate to be the one...I know it's an important story but already posted. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Damn! lol I even did a search....oh well, good looking out.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Or could it be that morons are led into sting operations so that the corrupt gov can claim they are "protecting" you?

It is EXACTLY like a standard Mafia "protection" racket. It's called EXTORTION.

Very valid points. Pay us and we will protect you, don't pay us and we will run you into the ground. Hmmm...who is it we need protection against again??

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

If you discount 911, there has NEVER been any "terrorist attack" on US soil. Name one.

Uh . . . how's about:

-Wall Street bombing during the '20's,
-'Mad Bomber' NYC campaign during the '40's-'50's,
- Black Liberation Bombings/Shootings ('70's),
-Jewish Defense League bombings ('70's),
-Fuerzas Armadas de Liberación Nacional Puertorriqueña bombings ('70's-80's),
-Unabomber ('78-'95),
-Croatian bombing of Statue of Liberty in 1980,
-Puerto Rican Resistance Army bombing of JFK Airport in '81,
-Armed Resistance Unit's bombing of US Senate in '83,
-The Rajneeshee bio attacks during the 80's,
-1989 firebombing of the Riverdale Press by Muslim extremists,
-1993 World Trade Center Bombing,
-1995 Oklahoma City Bombing,
-1996 Centennial Olympic Park Bombing,
-Army of God bombing of abortion clinic in Alabama ('98).

I'll stop there, but I think that refutes your statement quite efficiently (and I'm not even including 'terrorist' attacks that involved guns alone or the more minor cases of homemade bombings).

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

No fair, he only asked for one.

Way to make me look bad.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I bet the FBI was the ones selling them the guns.
woulder why they did not let them do it?
maybe they never would have.
what was there pleay in court?
LOL we will never know.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
reply to post by Boreas

No fair, he only asked for one.

Way to make me look bad.

Doncha just love ppl who pull statements out of their rear-ends and have no clue what they are talking about?

Good job B & B

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

We call them trolls, just wish I had a "Whack a Troll" like in Warhammer online...

Oh wait...I have a ban hammer.

All kidding aside, it is not a new trend. These kinds of activities will continue and only increase infrequency and violence.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Maybe I am simply crazy. Maybe...just maybe... the conspiracy nut in me has finally taken over, but I have to ask everyone. Am I the only person who was having flashbacks of the 1993 WTC Bombing as I read that article? Maybe it is just the word "informant" but it is all over the place. They told the informant this and that and of course were arrested when they attempted to make a buy from the informant. However in the 1993 WTC Bombing, it is very well known that the "informants" sought out Muslims, gave them the idea for the bombing. gave them the plans, gave them the materials and knowledge of how to make a bomb, and did everything they could to make that bombing happen. Why should I believe this situation is no different?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

We call them trolls, just wish I had a "Whack a Troll" like in Warhammer online...

Oh wait...I have a ban hammer.

I think you guys should program a little troll doll, that can be placed on a members avatar. This way we can spot the trolls before we waste time on a thread. It will be the internet version of a dunce cap.

new topics

top topics

join