It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't You People Just Get Over It? Here's Why (PSA Viedo)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Why Don't You People Just Get Over It? Here's Why (PSA Viedo)

indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com

Why don’t you people just get over it? Well, umm…. Hello?

That’s the gist of this video put together by Canada’s largest labor union, the Public Service Alliance of Canada, which celebrated National Aboriginal Day on June 21 by launching a new campaign, Justice for Aboriginal Peoples—It’s Time!

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
youtu.be

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
talk about the oldest and largest conspiracy on the planet! one that has cost the lives of millions and to this day fills prisoner of war camps, children forced to go cold and hungry, the old and infirm denied access to modern health care... atrocities are happening right now and still we hear those words... Why don't you people get over it? Well here's why

Deftly encapsulating centuries of shared history, this vid pinpoints just when it went acrimonious between the First Nations and the settlers. The union hopes to educate its 172,000-plus members worldwide, including embassy and consulate personnel.

My hope is by sharing this film maybe I can educate my friends and colleagues here at ATS

indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-6-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thank you for another important thread DBear.

I am not from Native decent but I have several friends who are, here in Northern California on the coast, this entire area was once populated by Pomo and Cherokee. The ground that I was raised in was used once for fishing and farms. I have found countless arrowheads, and once my mother even found a mortar and pedestal in the hills.

It is a travesty what has happened to a whole race of people. It should be a reminder to all people what can happen when we interfere with others' way of life, and it should not be forgotten.

I have another video to add, that I found recently:

S+F as usual for you my comrade.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I remember when that happened and he got in a lot of trouble for it too
he was accused of being in league with AIM... he showed up to offer his support At Alcatraz
Brando was also there in 73 at The Wounded Knee Siege that was a precursor to Pin Ridge BTW...

thanks for your input... insightful as always my friend

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I know it's not generally "cool" to pontificate and force recollection of the injustices Europeans have brought to the true west.

But it has always seemed particularly striking how the aboriginal people of North America are rarely even considered in terms of the magnitude of cruelty and abuse they suffered while being displaced from their traditional home.

And it appears that those natives of our Canadian friends' nation remain inexplicably subject to the mistreatment, which some officials appear to casually disregard, despite their penchant for decrying similar mistreatment upon, and by, others - outside their land.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
For christs sakes will you stop the insanity already.

Immigrants from all around the world came to north america and other places and TOOK WHAT THEY WANTED,-----so whats the big deal?

You so called indigineous people didnt lose anything that belonged to you!
You didnt own the land or the resources,no one did.

You didnt enforce ownership or lay claim in a recognisable manner to these things you claimed were stolen from you .

You protested and fought and murdered and were fought and murdered,but there was nothing even resembling ownership or stewardship of anything,you just used the land and resources as you pleased,you didnt value them enough to plan ahead.

So what are you looking for pity?Empathy?Understanding?

Get real already.

I want to return to Europe ,I want to be considered for reparations because my forefathers were unjustly removed from the FREAKING UKRAINE---you "indiginous people"made a living out of being craftier than nature ,but nature doesnt think,to bad so sad,no apology forthcoming,I look over my shoulder at china every day for the same reasons your anscesters should have looked over THEIRS.

I protect what is mine,like they should have.

And if you are proud and say that they did this ,then stay proud and say the truth ,that you simply got your arses handed to you when you chose to fight for your lands.

Still,so what?You lost a war for territory and resources and cultural and societal integrity,SO WHAT?

You lost,come get it back or be quiet and help your families integrate with the rest of the world ,not the country you CLAIM wronged you ,but the WORLD,your arguements are so outdated they are pitiful.

You arent coming for anything,any more than I am returning to the Ukraine to claim what was once mine.

What a crock of brown sugar.

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 6/23/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

You are right of course...
TPTB just love to finger point, cast blame and pretend outrage...at ""Others""
until you hold up a mirror to them and remind of their passed deeds and crimes against humanity at large....
this story is about Canada but how easily it can be said of the US, the Middle East, Africa and Australia and countless other places...

All these folks want is equal and fair treatment the same protections as any other Canadian citizen... nothing more... Wounder how it'll turn out???

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Maxmars

You are right of course...
TPTB just love to finger point, cast blame and pretend outrage...at ""Others""
until you hold up a mirror to them and remind of their passed deeds and crimes against humanity at large....
this story is about Canada but how easily it can be said of the US, the Middle East, Africa and Australia and countless other places...

All these folks want is equal and fair treatment the same protections as any other Canadian citizen... nothing more... Wounder how it'll turn out???

Hi, and thanks for the information. May I ask though, what sort of rights and freedoms aboriginals don't have that I as a canadian citizen do have. Thanks for your time

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I don't know why I hit reply so quickly after seeing this but inside I felt compelled to because of the strength of this information. I have read Canadian history and know what I read in these novels but they were written by well known.. a white authors and persons ..this video rocked me abit, and thats not easy..blessings.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

you know what your really missing here...

Just how easy it is for what happened to my people, happening to yours...

we have our reservations... you have your FEMA camps... tell me what's the difference???
displaced and dispossessed people forced into camps... How different are the Native Americans from the Katrina victims???

Bury your head in the sand.... but don't come crying when you find yourself looking threw the wrong side of a barbed wire fence of Stalag clueless

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This video is way better:

Just to throw this out there, but the OP's video has like 5 people who are about as native as...yeah you get my point. I fully support the message of the video, I just don't get what some of those people are there for.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
For christs sakes will you stop the insanity already.

Immigrants from all around the world came to north america and other places and TOOK WHAT THEY WANTED,-----so whats the big deal?

So, by your logic if someone comes to your house kicks down your door, then proceeds to throw out all of your belongings replacing them with their own its ok? Because that is what you just said. Just because aboriginal people did not recognize "ownership" of any given piece of property did not make it ok for anyone else to declare it their own. Your logic is seriously flawed, and I am glad that most people are not so ignorant.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

Health care comes to mind... Tribal people don't have the same access to the national health care system.... their education is also substandard, mostly do to poor funding...title to land of indigenous people has always been subject to interpretation... if someone else, say a land developer, wants it... new laws are drafted to kick those pesky reds out...

to be fair they very same can happen to you... remember... this is not a Native problem it's an everyone problem and here is a frightening fact...

It’s not an issue that gets much attention, but the government has the right to seize your house, business, and/or land, forcing you into the street. This mighty power, called “eminent domain,” is enshrined in the U.S. Constitution’s Fifth Amendment: “… nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.” Every single state constitution also stipulates that a person whose property is taken must be justly compensated and that the property must be put to public use. This should mean that if your house is smack-dab in the middle of a proposed highway, the government can take it, pay you market value, and build the highway.

Whether or not this is a power the government should have is very much open to question, but what makes it worse is the abuse of this supposedly limited power. Across the country, local governments are stealing their citizens’ property, then turning around and selling it to corporations for the construction of malls, condominiums, parking lots, racetracks, office complexes, factories, etc.

So just like that you too can be kicked off you land the government takes everything you own... then what???

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

your right... it is a better vid
but remember my vid is the news story and as a news story I gotta go with what they offer...
per rules here at ATS about posting news

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The title of your post says it all. Why Don't You People Just Get Over It.

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 6/23/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by shorty1

Alzheimer's is so sad...

the full title reads

Why Don't You People Just Get Over It? Here's Why

I guess you forgot about those last two words

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Okay so basically this should be about everyones freedom. I mean there are schools in the prairies that arent funded very well, and yet those people still pay full taxes and for what? I don't want to come off negative on this its not my intention, im just wondering which rights were not being observed. Now you mentioned healthcare, its a public system and we pay taxes (alot of them) for it. Natives get tax breaks on that where as my mother whos disabled, still pays all the extra sales tax and so forth for her ongoing medical condition. Am I wrong in my conclusion?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

No, I think your on the right track. We pay taxes, they don't, so they can complain later.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
good luck going up against wealth and power. i wish i could tell you of an instance where this has worked, but being a 58 year old american, i have not seen it done in my lifetime.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join