It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Uncontacted' Amazon tribe found in Brazil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Government researchers in Brazil say they have found one of the world's last uncontacted tribes in a remote corner of the Amazon rainforest.
Aerial pictures revealed by the Brazilian government's agency of indigenous affairs (Funai) showed four large thatched huts fully surrounded by various crops in the Vale do Javari region.

Aloysio Guapindaia, a Funai director, also said they would work to keep the tribe isolated and safe. The tribe is thought to belong to the Pano linguistic group that straddles the border between Brazil, Peru and Bolivia.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

This is pretty amazing that with all the tech we have now we can still find undiscovered tribes that have been isolated for who knows how long,
I wonder what sort of mythology/religion and herbal remedies they may utilize?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Laws need to be put in place to protect these people, who themselves have no idea of the surrounding world or the laws of it.
It may be nieve of me to think but I would in this day and age pressure from world organisations would stop the destruction of their tribe by the logging companies. Fingers crossed.

link   
These people's habitat really need to be protected because they are some of the only real human beings left on this planet. Pretty much all civilisations are completely corrupt and tainted nowadays. I guess ironically its the civilised nations that are the most barbaric, cruel and inhuman.

Its refreshing to know there are still real human beings out there!

Thanks for sharing.

link   
I expect the IMF will be bombing them for not taking out loans any day now....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I know this isn't about UFOs or anything but events like this make me wonder.. You know in their minds they are seeing a god or a mythical creature, perhaps from space flying over head when it's really just modern civilization .. they will probably create myth and legend about this fly over .. draw pictures, embellished to look godly, or like a demonic creature perhaps.. When you think of that, then think back to the ancient artifacts we found that seem to depict objects in the sky and strange humanoid creatures.. what does it mean? did we lose a part of our history where part of the earth's population was far more advanced and some how wiped itself out? .. or were there visitors? .. perhaps the ancients just made it up?

Fascinating stuff.. I saw a video on ATS yesterday, I forget what it was titled but it was video from a 1976 encounter with a tribe in papua new guinea who'd never seen a white man before.. their reactions to mirrors, cameras and the men themselves were amazing.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Great find, but i can see this going a few different ways. Ideally they should be left alone but we all know thats not going to happen. No doubt camera crews will be sent in and scare them to bits, or some big tv company will secretly set up cameras all around and make a real life Truman show/ Big Brother type TV series.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I wonder if they want a new tribe member, I would be game to give it all up and go live with them. It would sure beat life in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

not to mention what they could contribute to history, such as what we don't know about the area still

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
maybe I should watch the thing first..

oops.
edit on 23/6/2011 by badw0lf because: redacted

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

I was thinking today about what it would be like to go and do that, be one hell of a lifestyle change.
edit on 23/6/11 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

A simple search function before a user posts would be a good idea. User types in post title and hits enter, if the post already exists, reject the post else, show form.

Anyway, back to the post.

I find it fascinating that their are hidden tribes out there, I would so much love to go and spend a week in their way of life. The skills that some of them have are amazing and they seem to get around problems with not much fuss at all.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
now that they have been discovered.. there way of life and culture is pretty much screwed.. its only a matter of time before they do make contact.. there is only so much you can tell from studying aerial photo's..

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Fascinating discovery! One must be concerned if we contact them and introduce them to the wonders of the 'new world'...they're probably very happy how they are....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Maybe its just a bunch of average joes that got sick of living in "the new world" and set up camp

Now that would be a great story!!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
I wonder if they want a new tribe member, I would be game to give it all up and go live with them. It would sure beat life in the U.S.

If they really are Amazons, they would probably use you for breeding stock for a year then kill you.

Your a man. Living with them would not be an option.

Ps. Didn't think that through completely. Not "amazons", they are Amazon tribespeople. Reguardless, not sure how they would accept new people.

edit on 23-6-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Dosen't the Bible say that all the tribes of the earth must have heard the word of Christ before the "Second Coming" can happen?

These people must be taught about Jesus so that
God can get on with His plans.

"Thy Will Be Done" is an excellent book describing the discovery and evangelization of " lost tribes" fueled by this credo in Central and South America in the early decades of the last century.

The book chronicles the exploits of Christian linguistic missionaries and their ties with North American businesses seeking to exploit the natural resources of the southern continent.

THY WILL BE DONE charts the interaction of two men: Nelson Rockefeller, John D.'s politically ambitious grandson, and William Cameron (Cam) Townsend, founder and mastermind of America's biggest fundamentalist missionary group, Wycliffe Bible Translators.

Wycliffe, with its affiliated Summer Institute of Linguistics (SIL) and Jungle Aviation & Radio Service (JAARS), maintains globe-spanning operations and develops the foremost scholars of indigenous languages. In the Amazon and elsewhere, Wycliffe missionaries are sometimes the first to contact remote indigenous peoplesÑeven before the local national government. With cutting-edge linguistic and anthropological work fueled by a millennial vision of having translated the Bible into every tribal tongue on earth by the year 2000, Wycliffe is uniquely skilled in cracking native languages. Ostensibly funded by small donations from supporters, Wycliffe in fact receives grants from private foundations, government agencies, corporations and universities.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I remember when this story first broke. As the video stated the story of this discovery went viral a couple of years ago. There are several older threads on the topic here at ATS. The debates were pretty heated over whether it was truly a undiscovered/forgotten isolated group vs a group that chose to live that way and turn their backs on the early European colonist...

I say they should be left alone. My stance is if they are truly an undiscovered tribe that has had no contact whatsoever with the modern world and have been isolated all of this time they run the danger of what happened to all the previous non-contact native peoples of the Americas [Disease!] Not to mention corrupting their lifestyle. They have survived for thousands of years. there is no need to try to introduce them to Pizza, Ipads and the internet

It would be fascinating to study them though. Find out what their uncontaminated views on their history, views of God/gods, the universe, creation stories etc. But still....

LEAVE THEM ALONE!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It'd be nice to know what they want... I wonder if they would want contact or not?

Its a shame that we all feel that its our place to decide for them. From our point of view its lovely to have a tribe of peoples that have had no contact with the rest of the world and I'm sure what they don't know about they don't miss but ideally it should be their choice not ours what role they play in the world. Not everyone views dying in childbirth or a 50% child mortality rate as something to strive for....

There's a certain irony that many of the same people desperate for alien contact are vocal in their belief that an isolated tribe in the Amazon should remain isolated.
edit on 23/6/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

During the late 1980's Professor Hallet taught at UCLA. He was one of those people who was bigger than life. He opened a storefront in the Village and filled it with artifacts (legal ones, he was NO pothunter). On Friday and Saturday nights, he would be at the store to talk to all about his times with the Pygmies and some of the horrific issues our intervention in their lives had caused. He often took small sabbaticals and brought back photos, of which I purchased many. We were as active as we could be in supporting the cause.

He became very ill and his daughters began to take over more and more of the store. Eventually the store closed.

The Pygmies and Professor Hallet

As you will see, if you enjoy site, once one civilization inserts themselves into another's, there is no turning back.
edit on 23-6-2011 by angelchanneller because: I was rushing, too many errors

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join