It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is wrong with San Francisco? Nanny state gone wild!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Patriot Act? TSA Patdown? So you are all fired up now about circumcision and goldfish?
Did you just wake up?

Oh you poor thing ... you don't realize that there are other threads discussing those things ...even as we speak? You have no idea where my stand is on those things. ATS is capable of discussing those things AND the crap hole that San Fransico is becoming - both at the same time.

Now why not make sure everyone thinks the exact same way?

Oh the drama.
Have you seen anyone here strong-arming San Francisco to wake up and stop throwing their freedoms away? No. We are all watching from the side lines as they use their freedoms to throw away freedoms. It would be entertaining if it weren't so damn sad.

BTW ... You brought up the Patriot Act and the TSA Patdowns. Wanna' be rid of those? Isn't that YOU wanting to make sure everyone thinks the same way ... as YOU? Hypocrite.

You can move to some country where people don't have the freedom to decide for themselves how and what type of city they would like to live. This is my country and I am staying.

No one said they can't live there or live like they want. We are exercising our FREEDOM OF SPEECH to discuss how they are living ... and how absolutely assinine it is to hand over their freedoms to government. Like I said ... go live in San Francisco ... you'd love it and fit right in.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I'm surprised that people in this day and age don't do it more. It's an issue of health .. keeping clean.

So I need someone else to chop off part of my genitals for my own good.

At the risk of being indelicate ... infections happen much more easily when uncircumcised.

Child dies of infection following circumcision
tantalusprime.blogspot.com...

Massive Infection Takes Over Body After Circumcision
www.drmomma.org...

"Those are the exception" etc. I'm sure right? Oh, and there's plenty of evidence to show that the cancer and infection risks are greatly exaggerated. Who gives YOU the right to decide that 100 million men should have severely reduced enjoyment of sex, just to prevent a few illnesses? Really, it was my uninformed parents choice, and I have to forgive them for being stupid. What I can't forgive is people who openly support this butchery of male babies. And oh, lest I forget, there is a lot of evidence to suggest that circumcision is a deeply traumatic event in the newborn's life, the trauma affecting their entire life without their conscious knowledge. Hooray for medicine.

You know what else, I think forced mastectomies would reduce breast cancer, let's do that too? Don't even give girls the choice about their own bodies. I'm guessing you also support abortion? Women have absolute control over their bodies, men have none over theirs. Modern america.

Especially with older men who don't take as good care of themselves as they should. And those with dementia issues. They 'forget' to clean up. It's MUCH easier on them and on their care givers to have someone who is circumcised.

So in between my birth and my senility, there was never a time at which I could have chosen to get circumcised. Therefore, it had to be forced on me at my birth "for my own good."

The truth of the matter is this -- circumcision was invented by religious people who wanted to curb sexual desire and pleasure in men. Most religions are very very heavy on the "sexual denial" aspects, including Christianity and Islam. You'd think in several thousand years people would have figured that out, but apparently not.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Observer99 because: typo

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I have a friend who has been living in SF for about seven years now. He recently came to visit me for about five days. It was five days of hell for me. I learned that everything I do and think is WRONG.

He won't be invited back.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

While we have a sharp eye on San Francisco maybe we should think about going after the Amish in Pennsylvania? Before you know it they will be making legislation themselves.

What is wrong with those people?

We should invade Pennsylvania with puppies goldfish and Happy Meals for all the kids.

And lets bring the poor folks a few television sets, computers and ipods.

They are all so into their own little world I don't think they even know what they are missing.

Let's get rid of this nanny nanny boo boo state of affairs there with those damned Amish.

They need us to help make decisions for them because clearly they have gone off the rails.

This is like some kind of a science fiction movie.

Fighting for the right to keep Happy Meals is a little like fighting for Soylent Green.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

No one said they can't live there or live like they want. We are exercising our FREEDOM OF SPEECH to discuss how they are living ... and how absolutely assinine it is to hand over their freedoms to government. Like I said ... go live in San Francisco ... you'd love it and fit right in.

Appreciate all the back and forth. You are a chatty one aren't ya? but if it's all the same to you I am going to stay here and exercise my freedom of speech. You seem to have an awful problem with that. You want me to take it to San Francisco. Now is that really freedom?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
From what I'm reading the city council is approving these measures so they can appear on the ballot during the next election. That seems reasonable to me, the people in the city will vote on these proposals. I guess i don't see how that equals a nanny state. The city council is'nt forcing anything down the citizens throat's.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I usually hate reading about the govt banning things, but I really have no problem with most of this stuff...Banning happy meals and/or toys? That's a nice start. I'd rather mcdonald's "food" be banned altogether, and the same goes for soft drinks.

Making the sale of pets illegal sounds a lot like making drugs illegal. How could they EVER enforce that? Like with drugs, anyone who truly wants and can be responsible with a pet should and will find a way to get one. If "banning the sale of" pets cuts down on the ADHD pet owner wannabees, it sounds good to me. My upstairs neighbor has 4 kids and decided to appease them with a dog. Except everybody kinda got tired of it after about a week, so it gets left outside all day (sometimes night) and I am constantly having to make sure it has food and water! It gets more excited to see me than them! Animals should have the same right to be happy as people.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
Who gives YOU the right to decide that 100 million men should have severely reduced enjoyment of sex, just to prevent a few illnesses?

Um ... I never said that. You are seriously over the top. All I said was that I'm surprised more people don't do it because it DOES increase infections not to. And old men DO have a problem cleaning up. That's all. Calm down. Chill. Take a walk or something.
S.F. shouldn't have the right to ban them when people want them.

We should invade Pennsylvania with puppies goldfish and Happy Meals for all the kids.

I live here. They already have goldfish, puppies, and Happy Meals.
You don't understand the Amish at all. Nice try though.

Fighting for the right to keep Happy Meals is a little like fighting for Soylent Green.

OY VEY! Unbelievable.

I am going to stay here and exercise my freedom of speech. You seem to have an awful problem with that.

More drama. You sure are full of it. You really shouldn't try to think and analyze my intent .. you'll just hurt yourself. It's kinda funny though .. you are supposedly so hyped up on your freedom of speech and yet you get all hot around the collar when people point out that San Fransico is throwing away their freedoms.

You want me to take it to San Francisco. Now is that really freedom?

I don't 'want' you to do anything. I don't give a rats backend about you or what you do.
I gave the suggestion - based on YOUR posts - that you'd be happier in S.F.
YOU said you want your town in Florida to take suggestions from S.F.
Therefore .. YOU like the way S.F. is run better than Florida.
Therefore .. YOU might like to live in S.F. where life is lived the way you want.

Do whatever the hell you want. I don't care. You assume toooooo much!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You don't give a ats rass about anyone really do you? ... unlke you a crackling voice on a rickety soapbox without any real substance behind it..

blah blah Off topic. Here's a clue ... SAN FRANCISCO is the topic. Nanny state gone wild is the topic. Not the sound of my voice (which you have never heard). And as far as your statement about rickety soapboxes without substance - you'd best go back and re-read your posts and take a loooong look in the mirror. Defending the ignorance of throwing freedoms away, all the while opining how glorious S.F. is and that your town could learn a lot from it, and trashing other people's opinions of S.F. because they don't agree with you ...
WOW. Sounds like a typical FAR left liberal ... freedom for everyone as long as it only agrees with their own own opinion.

The TOPIC ... What is wrong with San Francisco?

Have a nice day bro. .

I'm a girl.

edit on 6/23/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You sheep have no clue. This has NOTHING to do with circumcision or any other single issue, but rather a mindset and a pattern.

While you sheep argue over specific issues while ignorantly ignoring the bigger issue things are going to hell in a hand basket. Read my previous posts for an opinion from someone who actually provides something to this country and helps people live good lives.

Sad....just sad. I wish many in this threat had enough perspective to even comment on this subject....but ad with the Internet...and especially ats.....the most inept and ignorant are the most vocal.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Read my previous posts for an opinion from someone who actually provides something to this country and helps people live good lives.

What do you do if you don't mind me asking?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The Progressive motto:

You can't take care of yourself, only the Government can!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Defending the ignorance of throwing freedoms away,

Again...letting the TSA feel up your wife or the government checking out what you say on the telephone and where you travel, what books you check out of the library is fine as long as they as let you have the happy meals?
I don't get it.
You let the Patriot Act pass and until you return those and the 4th amendment violations to our constitutional rights I don't think you should be fighting for the right to endanger local species including the people. Just my opinion about what you got going down there in San Francisco. I think that's the topic.

I think Happy Meals must have some ingredients to addict you and make people stupid. I know they did it with coca cola and I think they do it with some pet foods. You may trust all these big corporations over and above "the big bad government" but I don't and thank God and country for a little intervention to keep us from running off the rails. (Trust me they aint working together) and one of them is after our cash and the other is just trying to keep the peace and a little piece for themselves all the while making sure the corporations come just short of killing us outright with the products they attempt to force on an unsuspecting public.
Puppies. What 3 year old doesn't want one? Thats what I mean by unsuspecting public. Taking advantage of children and ignorant purchasers who do not know the facts of animal abuse and over population.

Some people want the right to speed on the highways and to lose the seat belt. They want to smoke in a closed vehicle with children ...Doesn't mean they should have it.
You call that a NANNY STATE, I call it protection.

I'll tell you which one you should be afraid of and it is not a nanny state. It isn't whats taken away you should worry your pretty head about...Worry about what they give you. Like that crap your calling food.

Personally I think Happy Meals and are part of some larger Satanic Masonic Illuminati attempt to create a nation of fat dumb unhealthy people and so what Fransisco is doing is saving people from large corporations and their effect on the Nation. Making us stupid en mass.

San Fransisco has always been a little ahead of the curve.

I think the foreskin has to go anyway and I am not sure about the goldfish but sometimes creatures not indigenous to the area can wreak havoc with the environment but Joe Blow wants his kid to have an alligator or a goldfish and they wipe out the indigenous species..maybe larger considerations other than just those that are immediately apparent are being weighed here?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The happy meals ban I can go with,theres not much happy about those meals.
But banning pet sales?
Whats that about?
Are pets to be made illegal in SF or what?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

It seems against all odds and considerable opposition San Fransisco is trying to grow a conscience.

If it makes those opposed feel better...I don't think it will last. People are too greedy and selfish not to want to continue making a profit off these things.

“It causes animal suffering,” Gerrie told Fox News Radio. “Whole reefs and ecosystems are being exploited for whatever might be marketable or sellable.”

But really... who cares?

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

A great deal of drama over... nothing.

Supervisor Sean Elsbernd told the San Francisco Chronicle he had doubts the new proposal would pass – calling it “another Animal Welfare idea that will end up in the dustbin of history and go absolutely nowhere.”

edit on 23-6-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Cheers for the link,
I can see where they are coming from trying to protect the reefs and all,but that the ban could affect people being able to buy pups or kittens seems a bit OTT.

Why do governments always try to put lots of nasty stuff in with some good ideas?
Its the same the world over,and it sucks.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wow!

Maybe I read the original OP's Post wrong or something, but I took it to mean that do we really need any form of government passing laws on what should be considered common sense things?

How about being a real parent and telling your child no to a happy meal?
Inhuman treatment of fish? Are there people putting firecrackers in their mouths or something?

I though the point was that yes, the government is doing Big things to take away our rights, but they are trying the small stuff as well, because I'm sure they feel it is easy.

BTW, I would love to know the statistics on adult men that really wish they weren't circumcised. I'm betting it's less than the ones that don't care, or are happy with it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Circumcision should be banned, this is 2011 after all. I'm pretty sure if I chopped of my sons toes to prevent the potential for disease given that dirt has a tendency to grow between them that I'd be arrested and sentenced.

The only reason circumcision is accepted in America is because it's a Jewish practice and America is filled with Christian fanatics who worship the Jews.

If female circumcision was a Jewish practice you could bet your bottom dollar it would be widely practiced in America and anyone who questioned the unnecessary mutilation would be branded a racist anti-semite.

Once again America showing that it has more in common with the backwards and overtly religious 3rd world than it does her supposed allies.

America needs to decide whether it hates religious extremists or not. Because you can't hate them and then turn around and mimic their religious practices and mutilate your children.

In Europe your neanderthal practices are scoffed at. Lol at having a legal right to circumcision, lunatics.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have been to San Fran and Bay Area many times visiting and living, and they have always been ahead of the curve when it comes to change or awakening, it is a beautiful place with lots of culture and history. To be someone (one poster) from a small village in Oklahoma and calling the whole Bay Area a bunch of weirdos is beyond commenting. To those who never been to Bay Area, i say go visit first, the whole Bay Area not just San Fran, but oakland, berkeley, lafayette, orinda, concord, walnut creek, daly city, etc etc, its a huge community with many differences. Very unique place and very awakened

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join