It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major event about to unfold before your eyes

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Fort Calhourn Nuclear power plant update

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

The failure of the Fort Peck dam would be disastrous enough without hyping it up to "Biblical proportions" with the addition of nuclear disasters and the obliteration of the entire central US.

Seems that such epic disasters are a mere hair's breaadth away from what's actually happening, so WHY THE HELL are you being so damn persistent in saying it couldn't happen? Shill much?

Sorry for the off tone, but you're really grating now, and I'm sure it's not just me who feels this way.

Stop doing the job of the MSM and start paying attention to the need to be prepared for ANY AND ALL EVENTUALITIES - especially the poor folks who live in that region.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

EVOLVING COVERAGE... LAST UPDATED 6/23/11, 1430 PST:

Though more mainstream sources are mentioning the situation, none are on site or provide new information. This obvious obstruction of the truth leaves 300 million Americans who could be affected by this situation in the dark.

In short, we know what we have known all along:

The rising Missouri River is dangerously close to flooding the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant

Government agencies and large corporations are highly prone to lying and obscuring the truth when it suits their purposes

If we compare the NRC's statement with what we know based on our own analysis, it becomes apparent that there is considerably more than two feet of water surrounding the plant and the barrier they claim is 8 feet tall -- offering protection up to six feet -- is actually closer to 6 feet tall, offering protection up to perhaps 4 feet six inches.

source

A fantastic bit of people-power investigative research, which everyone should read, because the MSM and CLPrime will not be telling you the truth of the situation anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
reply to post by CLPrime

The failure of the Fort Peck dam would be disastrous enough without hyping it up to "Biblical proportions" with the addition of nuclear disasters and the obliteration of the entire central US.

Sorry for the off tone, but you're really grating now, and I'm sure it's not just me who feels this way.

That's perfectly alright. I can imagine my stubbornness would be rather annoying.
So, here's what I'm gonna do...

Let's actually take the full capacity of Fort Peck Lake - 23.1 cubic km (815,768,800,000 cubic feet)
The spillage rate of the Teton Dam failure was 2,000,000 CFS. This dam is considerably larger, so let's assume a potential spillage rate for Fort Peck of about 25,000,000 CFS. At that rate, the lake would empty in 9 hours.
Within a few minutes of Fort Peck's failure, that massive continuous surge of water would begin to fill Lake Sakakawea, the reservoir for Garrison Dam...

Not all of the water spilling through Fort Peck Dam would make it to Garrison, but much of it would, and this influx of water would probably still retain much of its initial spillage rate - 25,000,000 CFS. However, even if that rate were dissipated by 90%, it would still be flowing in more 3 times faster than Garrison could handle it (Garrison Dam's spillway capacity is 827,000 CFS). Given this, it's easy to see how the surge from Fort Peck would quickly overwhelm Garrison. The natural result of this would be the structural failure of Garrison, unleashing a massive amount of water into the Missouri River, to the south. The failure of Garrison would release 30 cubic km worth of water - that held by Sakakawea Lake - on top of that released by Fort Peck. In total, we could expect between 40 and 50 cubic km worth of water to begin heading south, toward Oahe...

Oahe Dam is around 320 km south of Garrison, giving just a couple hours before the water reaches it and its reservoir - Lake Oahe, with a capacity of 29 cubic km. The flood from the north would have no trouble topping Oahe Dam. No trouble at all. In fact, there might as well not even be a dam there. I doubt Oahe would present much of an obstacle. The volume of water reaching Oahe would probably be much less than what left Garrison (probably around 25 cubic km, now spread out over about half a day), but the failure of Oahe, which is almost certain, would double it. This rejuvenated flood would then continue south, to Big Bend, which it would probably reach in under an hour...

Big Bend Dam would most likely put up less resistance than Oahe, being low, wide, and of earthen construction surrounded by low-lying land. The Big Bend reservoir, Lake Sharpe, holds 2.36 cubic km. It wouldn't add much to the surge of water overtaking its dam, but it provides no resistance. Unfortunately. This, then, allows about 45 cubic km of water (again, coming steadily over a period of about half a day) to continue on unimpeded to Fort Randall...

Like Big Bend, Fort Randall Dam is a low-lying earthen embankment near the South Dakota-Nebraska border. Its reservoir is Lake Francis Case, holding 7 cubic km of water. As with the previous dams in South Dakota, it would provide little resistance. The only benefit here is distance. After travelling nearly 1000 km, the growing surge of water has been counteracted by energy loss and spillage over low-lying land, but it would most certainly continue as a massive, steady surge, overtaking anything in its path. Including Fort Randall Dam. The dam may not fail, structurally, but it doesn't need to. Any resistance it does manage will be met with the flooding of the surrounding land, and, ultimately, the water is sure to top it out and flow over it, potentially crushing and eroding it away in the process. From here, the water then moves further south, to the final dam in the line - Gavins Point...

Gavins Point Dam is the least effective of any the water has encountered so far. Its reservoir, Lewis and Clark Lake, is small (0.6 cubic km), but its surrounding land is low, and the dam is both narrow and shallow. It has little hope of keeping the surge from entering the Missouri River to its south. It is a disturbance, but it offers little resistance.

Beyond the Gavins Point Dam, what we're left with is a steady surge of water, building over several hours and containing enough volume of floodwater to fill between 10 and 20 million Olympic-sized swimming pools.
And this heading straight for two already flood-stricken nuclear power plants just south of Gavins Point.
And then on to Kansas and Missouri. Not much would be left by the time the water reaches Missouri, but, by then, the greatest damage would be done: 6 dam failures and the further flooding of two precarious nuclear power plants.

I hope this clears up the scenario a bit. This is the most realistic result of the failure of the Fort Peck Dam.
edit on 24-6-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Fort peck Dam spillway posted today. Look how high the water is at the end of the first video

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Definitely scary stuff.My thoughts go out to those in the flood path. Keep your fingers crossed y'all, we are in for a rough ride...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absum!

Let's do some math. Fort Peck is releasing 60,000 Cubic Feet Per second.
Which raised the river level where I live (nebraska) by tens of feet to flood stage.:

Fort Peck releasing water did not cause the flooding in Nebraska. That was caused by an enormous amount of rainfall and snowmelt in all watersheds that feed into the Missouri.

You are placing far too much importance on one factor out of thousands.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Which raised the river level where I live (nebraska) by tens of feet to flood stage.:

Fort Peck releasing water did not cause the flooding in Nebraska. That was caused by an enormous amount of rainfall and snowmelt in all watersheds that feed into the Missouri.

If it runs into the Missouri don't you think they're fu#ked ?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

If it runs into the Missouri don't you think they're fu#ked ?

I think if all dams fail it will indeed increase water levels around the nuclear facility, yes.

The claim I was refuting was that current flood levels around the plant are not directly and solely caused by releases from that one specific dam, but rather from flooding in several thousand watersheds through the region.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Severe flood warning has been issued in most of Montana right now specially close to the damn

NAtional Forecast for Glasgow, MT (fort peck)
7 day forecast for same area,

both these are .gov generally legit sources, both related to flooding and sever storms over the next week or so at for peck, that + snowmelt we might be in for a wild ride,
p.s. I'm not being an ass i live right next to it only reason i noticed this was i knew the situation and am checking the weather cause we had a flash flood today in my town,
edit on 25-6-2011 by Jubosh because: typos

got my kayak rdy though so no worries >.>
edit on 25-6-2011 by Jubosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Too Verbose? I couldn't resist, though, to drop back in, and give this thread a link to Drudge's story on the Japanese Sunflower caper. Seems they are getting ready to plant a zillion sunflowers to help cleanse the rads out of the area around Fukashima. Seems to me this is bad forcing out good. Strawberries with anti bird netting, that grow down on the ground, will do the same thing. When the birds get into the sunflower seeds, they will fly off with the radiation and their droppings will really spread it around. Hanford had just this kind of incident a few years ago. Pigeons finally worked their way down through the screens in some old cooling towers, and started pooping red hot droppings on the cars in the parking lots, there. When the employees drove through the detectors at the front gate, it buried the needles in the machines. Within a year, those towers dating from WWII, were history, and only granite monuments to the old reactor sites, remain today. Strawberries at Downer's Grove outside of Chicago, Ill. in the fifties soaked up radiation from a big Nevada Atomic test, and concentrated wind blown background fallout by 10 to the power of 6-7. This was deduced from some home canned strawberries in Mason Jars, done by a widow lady a couple of blocks away from my uncle's home, there.
The same DIY survey by a suspicious scientist, who lived next to my uncle, turned up a giant radioactive strawberry to boot. It was the big red Coca Cola Machine in the Argonne Nat.'l Lab's commissary. As far as I know, no one ever figured that one out. If we have anything like the Fukashima nuclear releases down in the Missouri flood plains, that radiation will keep sneaking up on unsuspecting populations for years and years, to come.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Really, Minot, MT, really does anyone know Geography anymore wow..........

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What race of people mostly occupy this place?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by athenegoddess
What race of people mostly occupy this place?

I will have to say human for the race and why does It matter

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Smurfgt801

Because if the dam was meant to kill people shouldn't we have some sort of justification for that? And if AIDS is man made and targets mostly blacks and gays who is to say it wasn't designed to? Catch my drift?

I'm just saying because I read someone talking about this being intentional... I'm not racist or anything.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Folks, I'm new here but I've been following this thread religiously. Here in Cincinnati our local Channel 12 News station just reported that as of 1:30 AM today the berm at Calhoun COLLAPSED. I don't know why yet, but this city is alive with helicopters all over the place headed West.

The news blurb also says the plant is safe- which it is NOT. Sorry for no link but I'm trying to get word out to everybody I know & there's no time. Thanks for all of your time- CincyFreedom

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CincyFreedom
Folks, I'm new here but I've been following this thread religiously. Here in Cincinnati our local Channel 12 News station just reported that as of 1:30 AM today the berm at Calhoun COLLAPSED. I don't know why yet, but this city is alive with helicopters all over the place headed West.

The news blurb also says the plant is safe- which it is NOT. Sorry for no link but I'm trying to get word out to everybody I know & there's no time. Thanks for all of your time- CincyFreedom

When the feds start rethinking what are safe dose limits we'll be past the point of worrying.

Thankfully we are still in the worrying phase, but the outcome doesn't look good no matter how you look at it.

That water isn't going anywhere in the near future, and once the snowmelt kicks into high gear it will get much worse.

I was planning a Yellowstone camping trip for the family this August, looks like it's on hold for now.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Sorry your vacation got canceled. I wish the daughter of a friend of mine had canceled hers- she just graduated from college & headed out to Yellowstone, & she's there 'til August. I'm hoping her mother will convince her to come home- though how she'll get back safely if anything happens is anybody's guess; she's driving with a friend.

I think now might be the time for everyone who has friends & family in any of the dangerous areas for any reason to check up on them & if necessary to convince them to leave.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If the Dam breaks on either July 9th or 10th.
If after it breaks, it wipes Wolf Point out.
I will start a thread or I will be dead.
This is not a prediction.
What it is, is...that it involves the irony of a metaphorical scenario that I created last week to explain to
my cynical brother how "I view" the world, as opposed to how "he thinks" I view it. It now could possibly be less hypothetical or metaphoric from what I have just read from the OP.

I don't live in Montana...but for those two days, my fate is theirs.
Wouldn't that be just fascinating to actually create or think up such an unlikely way to check out...and it happened?... and in less than a month of conceiving it?
For one thing there are no Dams where I live? In my hypothetical I just blamed the corp. of engineers because it was unrelated to the weather forecasting part in my metaphor, my whole point was that only someone that views the world in puzzle pieces rather than a myopic view of a single story, would see how things relate to each other to form a bigger, clearer, more accurate picture of our reality.

Did I mention I explained this metaphor to my wife for the first time 10 minutes before getting onto ATS tonight?
and that I only came on looking for something on the asteroid that is suppose to zoom by tomorrow, 5700 miles or so away......but who could pass on a title like: "Major event about to unfold before your eyes"

I explained more than I intended because I hate taking up so much time writing. So, if Wolf Point on July 9th or 10th...I will post back here...if I don't...I'm history.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Wonderful, lets work with a big topo at the same time!!
It is now 6/27 and there is a bundle of weather on top of all that has unfolded so far. This looks just too awful, and all that radiation (and rods from open top pools) will eventually also find it's way (if it goes and we really hope it does not go) ... to the Gulf, and the Atlantic.

Poor Earth, Poor humans, Poor everything!!

Why does prosperity make us dithering idiots? Hindsight is not helpful unless it can be saved for the future, but this is bad, and Ele
will be so much worse!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join