It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sort of Patriot Act - Like Surveillance We Would Like to See

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here's an interesting internet news article I found regarding what the Patriot Act should be doing. I for one find it interesting and many of the questions asked in this article I want to know myself.

usa.mediamonitors.net...

"The kind of surveillance needed to make America safe is not what the Patriot Act authorized. But it is still possible that with some application of proper interrogation techniques, we could still get the truth and accountability from those who put America at risk and allowed so many disastrous events and policies to take place."

IMO the Patriot Act goes way too far. In fact, I don't think the Patriot Act is necessary to stop terrorism. We have the tool necessary to stop terrorist.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It's complete Bu#. Isn't it interesting that that behemoth of an act just happened to be there, ready to go in such short notice? It was so big, congress didn't even have time to read it. It oughtta be so obvious to everyone.
They had that sucker ready to go. All they needed was for their "pearl Harbor event" to occur. Right on schedule.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
It's complete Bu#. Isn't it interesting that that behemoth of an act just happened to be there, ready to go in such short notice? It was so big, congress didn't even have time to read it. It oughtta be so obvious to everyone.
They had that sucker ready to go. All they needed was for their "pearl Harbor event" to occur. Right on schedule.

I know and the two democrats who did appose it sent a letter to ASSCroft. He sent a letter back to both of them but with Anthrax in it. It's interesting that Texas Republican Ron Paul also apposed it.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ron Paul's the man. I only wish I could cast my vote for him in November. Here's the other Republicans who refused to be bullied into submission:

Six Heroes in Washington

by Karen Kwiatkowski

"A constitutional statesman is in general a man of common opinions and uncommon abilities."

~ Walter Bagehot

In 2002, most of Congress eagerly bought the miracle cure from the Ali Hakim in the White House. When push came to shove, we were all entertained by congressmen and women who just couldn�t say no. If only it were a Rodgers and Hammerstein musical about a windy Midwestern state, we�d have been just fine.

A young David with five stones, standing alone against the mighty-looking, well-armored Goliath, threatening with a full complement of his Philistine brethren. That�s a hero.

Politicians are rarely seen as the Davids among us. Yet, there were six heroes in the United States House of Representatives in October 2002.

Not surprisingly, one of them is Ron Paul of Texas. The other five are Jim Leach of Iowa, John Hostettler of Indiana, Connie Morella of Maryland, Amo Houghton of New York, and John Duncan of Tennessee.
www.lewrockwell.com...

Col. Kwiatkowski worked in the Pentagon up to the invasion of Iraq. She saw firsthand what kind of BU# was going on (Rumsfeld's Office of Special Plans). She retired so she could speak out on what shenanigans she was a witness to. She is a true patriot, like those she wrote about.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I find it absoloutely unbelievable that something so important would not even be fully read by those who decide if it happens. If these people don't even read these laws then what is their job?

It is funny how all the things that have been clearly planned out by this administration ( War, patriot act ) were instigated by 9/11. Especially when it appears that it was purposely ignored by those higher up the ladder. The patriot act is something that shouldn't have happened in the supposedly free society we live in.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
I find it absoloutely unbelievable that something so important would not even be fully read by those who decide if it happens. If these people don't even read these laws then what is their job?

It is funny how all the things that have been clearly planned out by this administration ( War, patriot act ) were instigated by 9/11. Especially when it appears that it was purposely ignored by those higher up the ladder. The patriot act is something that shouldn't have happened in the supposedly free society we live in.

I agree. When I was watching Farenheit 9/11 in the theaters I remember one of the members of congress saying that they don't read half the stuff that comes across their desk. I don't remember the guys name but that right there really scares me. Here we are electing these people to represent us and they aren't even reading this stuff that could effect the Amercian people. It's rediculous.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You're right, the Patriot Act should never have been instated. BushCo. totally took advantage of a nation still in shock. Fear works wonders.

Pass the Kool-aid.

9-11 and the Patriot Act were planned ahead. PNAC. Operation Northwoods. It's pretty clear to anyone who rejects the state of denial lemmings prefer to dwell in. I suppose, to them, non-reality is just easier to deal with.

Give me the hard-core truth anyday. I can handle it.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder[Here we are electing these people to represent us and they aren't even reading this stuff that could effect the Amercian people. It's rediculous.

But mrmulder, they're too busy fund-raising. You know that!

Priorities!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by mrmulder[Here we are electing these people to represent us and they aren't even reading this stuff that could effect the Amercian people. It's rediculous.

But mrmulder, they're too busy fund-raising. You know that!

Priorities!

You're probably right ECK.

new topics

top topics

join