It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Countdown With Keith Olbermann" Returns!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
FACT ... MSNBC is proudly far left wing. They admit it ... proudly.
the network itself and the shills themselves proudly proclaim their 'progressive' far left stand.

Really? FACT? Do you have a link? I've never seen an official statement or a network representative proclaim, proudly or otherwise, that MSNBC is far left wing or takes a 'progressive' far left stand.

SOME of the commentators are certainly left wing, but some are decidedly right wing. I'm not sure what you say is a FACT at all.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

FACT ... MSNBC is proudly far left wing. They admit it ... proudly.
the network itself and the shills themselves proudly proclaim their 'progressive' far left stand.

Really? FACT? Do you have a link? I've never seen an official statement or a network representative proclaim, proudly or otherwise, that MSNBC is far left wing or takes a 'progressive' far left stand.

SOME of the commentators are certainly left wing, but some are decidedly right wing. I'm not sure what you say is a FACT at all.

Would a quote from the President of MSNBC suffice for you??

In an interview with the AP, MSNBC President Phil Griffin bragged about life after Keith Olbermann, touting the cable channel as "really the place to go for progressives."

Griffin didn't bother denying the liberal bent of the network. He highlighted left-wing anchor Rachel Maddow, hyping, "She really has elevated the discussion and is in many ways the model that we want for cable news."

Read more: newsbusters.org...

FF probably read the same article. Anyhoo, Griffin isn't shy about it and apparently thinks that Maddow is the model for cable news in general. Wow!! Quite the progressive slant if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
People don't understand the anchors will speak out aganist whatever there fanbase doesn't approve of.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Keith Olbermann is just a more liberal Bill O'Reilly.

One could even suggest he's a liberal Hannity.. but hes no common more common sense or level headed than they.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I'm not sure what you say is a FACT at all.

Originally posted by jibeho
Would a quote from the President of MSNBC suffice for you??

Yes. Quite nicely,
And think you for providing it.

So, I noticed last night that Keith Olbermann was doing a little bit of holding Obama's feet to the fire over his continued involvement in these wars, and it's really great to see it. So, I thought I'd watch come MSNBC today and Chris Wallace practically raked Obama over the coals about these wars. I think his tingling sensation has lost its luster. He was frustrated and confused about what Obama's doing. So am I and so are a lot of people) Ron Reagan had some really interesting theories. I recommend catching that is you can.

I think the left is starting to put pressure on Obama coming up on the election season. I'm not saying they're FOX news or anything, but I don't recall this network ever being too critical of Obama and I've seen several examples recently. I think it's a VERY good thing. I've already said that it's time for Obama to do some big things that he promised or he's going to lose his supporters. Like me.

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
People don't understand the anchors will speak out aganist whatever there fanbase doesn't approve of.

Yes. Maybe that's why they're criticizing Obama now.

Anyway, that's kind of off topic, but I thought it was interesting.
edit on 6/21/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yawn the left wing hate monger bathtub boy returns .

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hiluxxulih

Every time I hear Olberman's name I think of the stories of how the stages he sits at have had to be replaced because of the stench from him wetting and crapping his pants. That focused look he gives his audience is him pinching a loaf, methinks.

Well, I guess it makes sense in a way...he is so full of crap he can't hold it in.

Stinky Pants Olbermann

Thursday, July 16, 2009
Keith Olbermann Is A Poopy Pants?
It appears Keith Olberwiener is a poopy/pee-pee pants. He suffers from incontinence, a malady that makes it difficult for one to control their bladder and bowel movements. Of course, this must be a very unpleasant experience for the person suffering from it as well as how it affects those around said person.

From Jacksonville.com:

"Mr. Keith has a bladder and bowel control problem. He has been known to not only pee in his pants while on the air but he has also poo-pooed."

From NewsVine:

"Olbermann's incontinence problem is well known in media circles."

edit on 21-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
til this thread i never heard of current tv

the kicker is im watching o reilley right now and yep olbermann has paid tv spots in bills show.

thats on fox news people.

oblermann has paid tv spots on fox news= political shill

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Send in the clowns.

I give Current TV two years tops before it folds. Same with GBTV and Oprahs network. Actually Oprah channel might last a little longer as she has more money, but will still be a money pit.

And did you see Mr. Bathtubs face on the Colbert report? Hilarious. He all but admitted O’Reilly won the ratings war.

Not a big Factor fan, but it was always amusing to watch those two duke it out. And then O’Reilly left old Keith hanging by ignoring him. That’s just mean.

Current is just begining to take off. Their series Vanguard blows the doors off of Dateline and 20/20 combined. O'Reilly only got it back because MSN fired Olbermann. Once the show gets more into its stride it will have everyone asking "O'Rielly Who?"! Current is also on track to stand up to the likes of Discovery and The Learning Channel.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
til this thread i never heard of current tv

the kicker is im watching o reilley right now and yep olbermann has paid tv spots in bills show.

thats on fox news people.

oblermann has paid tv spots on fox news= political shill

Every tv show has ads that pay for the show itself. How do you think you get paid on tv? Advertising dollars.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiluxxulih
Yawn the left wing hate monger bathtub boy returns .

He's not a hate mongerer and have you heard the crud being spewed by the Baggers as of late?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I provided a link in my second posting on this thread .... 'from MSNBC itself'.
Did you read the thread or look at the links provided?
So yes ... REALLY ... FACT. They proudly proclaim themselves to be left wing progressive.
edit on 6/22/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Historically, O’Reilly's ratings have always trumped Olbermanns. He was becoming a loose cannon, that's why they fired him. Also had a high turnover amongst his staff, from what I have read, he was a bleep to work for.. Maybe he has been humbled by his experience. But I will check Vanguard out and see if it is any good.

Being that Current was started by Gore though makes me cynical right off the bat. I've never been a big fan of him and think that he is quite the hypocrite.

Gore more than likely doesn't have a say in every show so I'll try my best to keep a open mind.

edit on 22-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I've read similar stories about Olbermann during his tenure at MSNBC. His ego got overinflated while there and I can only imagine that it will eventually explode while at Current. He is their golden boy and I can only imagine that he gets the royal treatment including the royal wipers who apparently only use recycled TP at Current.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

There was a time when MSN was total left leaning but not anymore. Reality is that they will lean however The Rockerfeller family tells them to lean.
edit on 22-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by FlyersFan

There was a time when MSN was total left leaning but not anymore.

CNN - during the Clinton years it was the Clinton News Network. Totally suck-up Clinton and left wing. But as of late, they are more middle of the road. Still slightly left ... but MUCH better balanced.

FOX - definately right or center right. So is the nation in general. That's why their ratings are so good. To their credit, they do tell the stories that expose democrats the other networks won't touch. But they are definately on the right.

MSNBC - a freak'n joke of a shill network. I don't think it even qualifies as a network ... it's just one long far left commercial ..

NY Times - Far left wing.
WSJ - Right wing.

Kinda sad how we can't find just the straight news without left wing or right wing slants.
Just give us the dang facts ... quit preaching to us!! UGH!

Side note - our local newspaper - far left wing. I'd say that the only thing it's good for is wrapping fish - but that would make the fish smell even worse.
Of course .. it's Joe Bidens hometown paper ... that could have something to do with it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Kinda sad how we can't find just the straight news without left wing or right wing slants.
Just give us the dang facts ... quit preaching to us!! UGH!

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Okay, I've said this before and I'm always disregarded or accused of religiosity or something. But I'll say it again. The best source for unbiased professional reporting in the country today (in my opinion) is the Christian Science Monitor, and has been for a very long time. Don't knock it based on the name. Do the background research yourself. There's less "preaching" in a year's worth of CSM than you'll find in the New York Times or Wall Street Journal on any given day. Read it for awhile. Then tell me I'm wrong.

For all practical purposes, I was first introduced to CSM by a very liberal, atheist political science professor in college. He swore by CSM as a source, and although I'm neither liberal nor atheist, I came to agree with him. It's really too bad that the paper is disregarded out of hand by so many in the general public just based on the name. Real hardcore newshounds in the business and political junkies know, though. For serious journalism, it doesn't get any better. Of course, you won't hear much about it unless you look for it, for obvious reasons.

[Edit to add]

Link to recent CSM story on Olbermann for your perusal.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 6/22/2011 by yeahright because: ETA

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I trust this source and have been reading it for years. I like the article they did on Olbermann.

I had never heard of Current TV and didn't know Gore had his own network, but since I found out, we've watched several shows there. It's pretty good and I hope it pans out into a successful channel.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'd like to make a prediction. Current TV will last about as long as AirAmerica. The next stop for this boob Olberman will be cable access. You left wingers are in the minority for a reason, and the reason is you lack the ability to think pragmatically. You wish all suffering would go away. "Wish in one hand...."

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Link to recent CSM story on Olbermann for your perusal.

I read the article and my first impression was: liberal leaning.

Former MSNBC commentator Keith Olbermann is back, having transported his signature show – mostly intact − to Current TV, the cable channel co-founded in 2005 by former Vice President Al Gore.

And he brought at least some of his viewers with him on his first night out. Among adults 25 to 54 – a sought-after advertiser demographic – Current TV had 179,000 viewers Monday night, according to their own figures. By comparison, MSNBC had 237,000 viewers in that demographic, and CNN had 89,000.

Why did they deliberately omit FNC viewers? KO is obviously among the 'also rans' and maybe CSM was trying to downplay the fact that he will never be among the big boys?

PS: O'Reilly had 735,000 viewers, btw.
, about 4 times KO's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join