It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Countdown With Keith Olbermann" Returns!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Last night on CurrentTV the best political show debuted.

Countdown With Keith Olbermann returned to tv and the first show was great! Finally common sense, logic and reality returns to television. I expect him to be a helluva freer then he ever was under ComcastNBCiUniversal.

Shall we consider this show to be formally and officially not apart of the LameStream Media?

GO KEITH GO!
edit on 21-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
GO KEITH GO!

He'll 'go' alright! Right out the door. You think that now he'll be even more free than when he was having partisan meltdowns on MSNBC? Oh lordie .... that'll be an E-Ticket attraction. I can't believe anyone wants this guy. He's as fake as a three dollar bill and nothing more than a VERY far left wing shill machine. Listening to him is worse than fingernails on a chalk board. Folks have gotta' be braindead to be able to put up with him ....

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I'll watch him. He's funny. He makes me laugh.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

GO KEITH GO!

He'll 'go' alright! Right out the door. You think that now he'll be even more free than when he was having partisan meltdowns on MSNBC? Oh lordie .... that'll be an E-Ticket attraction. I can't believe anyone wants this guy. He's as fake as a three dollar bill and nothing more than a VERY far left wing shill machine. Listening to him is worse than fingernails on a chalk board. Folks have gotta' be braindead to be able to put up with him ....

He will smoke O'relly for lunch. The purpose of this thread is not to continually induldge in the divide of the "Left-v-Right" paradigm nor is it to be used to hurl political banter with cheap and lame below the belt hits.

Finally we have someone who is far or even left leaning on tv. I am so sick and tired of this NeoConserviBaggerNazi agenda that's being ramroded down our throats like how Nazi-ism was ramroded down everyone's throats in Germany. The entire dichotomy of it sickens me.

He will stand up for real Americans and The USA and does not care for the "Left-v-Right" paradigm as you so vehemently want all in an attempt to apease and please your TPTB overlords.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Finally we have someone who is far or even left leaning on tv.

Whadda' ya' mean by 'finally'??
MSNBC has been spewing far left wing crap for years.
(CNN was leaning left for years but has centered pretty well lately).

Airhead Mica, Chris 'tingle up my leg' Matthews, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz, Lawrence O’Donnell, Keith Oblahblah ... etc etc etc MSNBC is so full of hard left 'progressives' ... where have you been that you've missed it all??

I am so sick and tired of this NeoConserviBaggerNazi agenda

Then change the TV station to anything other than FOX. MSNBC ... CNN ... read the NY Times .... Seriously dude ... the only station on TV that you could possibly count as NeoCon is FOX.

From MSNBC itself

edit on 6/21/2011 by FlyersFan because: fixed sentence

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I watched him last night and it was a breath of fresh air to hear someone talk sense about Republican politics.
On the other hand he does tend to take the left/progressive stance on just about everything.
He does cover news stories the others won't touch however.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Airhead Mica, Chris 'tingle up my leg' Matthews, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz, Lawrence O’Donnell, Keith Oblahblah ... etc etc etc MSNBC is so full of hard left 'progressives' ... where have you been that you've missed it all??

Then change the TV station to anything other than FOX. MSNBC ... CNN ... read the NY Times .... Seriously dude ... the only station on TV that you could possibly count as NeoCon is FOX.

From MSNBC itself

MSNBC is moving more towards the centre right as of late as evidenced how Joe Scarbourough has alot of sway there, CNN is more right as of late. Fox is so far in the right that they can't see reality.

Ratigan, O'Donnell, Schultz on MSNBC is still left. Uygur is centre right, Maddow is centre left. Bashir is centrist.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Fantastic. I'm sure that you and the other few hundred folks who will watch him are really happy.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Olbermann haters might be pleasantly surprised at how he held Obama accountable on Libya. I know I was. It was refreshing to hear him openly go after some of the stuff Obama is doing. Now that he's more free to discuss all angles of an issue I really think he's going to be even better than he was before!

It really opened my eyes to some of the things Obama's doing that I'm not happy with. The Obama haters should be grateful!

I loathe the kind propaganda Moore makes, but he and Olbermann had a highly informed conversation about President Barack Obama's failure to do things the "right way" and go to Congress to get permission for our latest adventure in Libya.

Did anyone else who watched notice how (I have to say it) 'fair and balanced' he appeared?

Source

And, of course, there's classic Keith...

A piece on how right-wing radio talk show hosts like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh sell their endorsements and editorial air time off to the highest bidders gained tremendous credibility from the videotaped segments the producers found of both Beck and Limbaugh shamelessly whoring themselves out on air.

I really enjoyed sitting down to watch it. Almost like old times.

You can still catch it because Current TV is running it several times throughout the day! And it will be a nightly show at 8 EST.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the morning laugh!!
Olbermann working for Al Gore's Current TV. That's funny and yet so refreshing in today's liberally biased MSM theater.

It would appear that Olbermann is Gore's last ditch effort to save the network by launching it out of obscurity. Good luck with that. My cable provider does not carry Current TV. So I'll have to catch the updates here. Honestly, I never heard of Current TV until it was announced that Olbermann had signed on there.

Maybe Weiner will be Obermann's sidekick. Anything is possible

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Glad to hear Olbermann took Obama to task on the Libya. Obama has pissed off Olbermann's fan base on this issue so his comments make sense. When the fan base supports Obama, so does Olbermann. Anyway good for him.

Without any intent to derail, keep your eyes on Obama and his planned announcement for Afghanistan. If he announces a large scale withdrawal, expect another deployment in the near future. Over the next two days, the Marines are conducting the largest War exercises ever on the East coast. Training? Veiled Threat? Flexing of Muscle? Who knows....

The exercise is designed to test the capability of every type of Marine Corps aircraft, including MV-22 Ospreys and F/A 18 Hornets, as well as some Navy ships and Air Force planes.

The drill will stretch from Quantico Marine Base in northern Virginia to the Navy's Pinecastle Bombing Range in Florida.

With thousands of Marines and other service members involved, it's the biggest such drill ever on the U.S. East Coast.

"Exercise Mailed Fist is the first exercise of its specific kind and the largest 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing exercise conducted in recent history," said Staff Sgt. Roman J. Yurek, Marine Corps spokesman. "In the past, 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing units had to deploy to the West Coast to conduct this type of training."

www.cnn.com...

Obama is not backing down on Libya. Period!!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Olbermann haters .... The Obama haters ...

Bush haters ... Palin haters ....

Originally posted by jibeho
Obama is not backing down on Libya. Period!!

We have no business being there. Period!
But the NWO shadow gov't made their decision that Libya has to be 'liberated' and so all the NWO puppets (Obama etc) stick to it and do what their puppet masters told them to do.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I was really surprised at Keith last night. You might want to listen in...
It was refreshing. He's a progressive, there's no doubt about that, but he is not kissing anyone's ass, including Obama's. He seems to be speaking HIS mind, not MSNBC's.

I know Glenn and Rush have done all they can to make Progressive a big, bad, scary word, but it's really not.

"Progressivism is an orientation towards politics. It's not a long-standing ideology like liberalism, but an historically-grounded concept... that accepts the world as dynamic." Progressives see progressivism as an attitude towards the world of politics that is broader than conservatism vs. liberalism, and as an attempt to break free from what they consider to be a false and divisive dichotomy.

Wiki

Keith is very concentrated on "the weakest citizen being more important than the strongest Corporation". He points out faults of both political parties, and talks about the war on the middle class.

There are some clips from last night's show Here: www.washingtonpost.com... . I really liked the Michael Moore segment in which he talks about why Obama supporters are disappointed in Obama about Libya. He is right on.

Listen to the first clip, if nothing else.
For me?
*BH bats eyelashes*

edit on 6/21/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

He will stand up for real Americans and The USA and does not care for the "Left-v-Right" paradigm as you so vehemently want all in an attempt to apease and please your TPTB overlords.

Please.

Olbermann is no different in principle than Limbaugh. Neither of those guys give two squirts about "real Americans" and are as chock full o' partisanship for the sake of it as anyone could possibly be. How anyone can watch or listen to either of those gasbags without having their gag reflex triggered, is well beyond my comprehension.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Send in the clowns.

I give Current TV two years tops before it folds. Same with GBTV and Oprahs network. Actually Oprah channel might last a little longer as she has more money, but will still be a money pit.

And did you see Mr. Bathtubs face on the Colbert report? Hilarious. He all but admitted O’Reilly won the ratings war.

Not a big Factor fan, but it was always amusing to watch those two duke it out. And then O’Reilly left old Keith hanging by ignoring him. That’s just mean.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The purpose of this thread is not to continually induldge in the divide of the "Left-v-Right" paradigm nor is it to be used to hurl political banter with cheap and lame below the belt hits.

Finally we have someone who is far or even left leaning on tv. I am so sick and tired of this NeoConserviBaggerNazi agenda that's being ramroded down our throats

I had to laugh when I read this. You don't want to indulge the right v left paradigm then proceed to welcome the left pundit and lament the right pundits....

Wow talk about contradictory statements...

Same ole same ole dog and pony show left or right designed to keep the people distracted and bickering over there differences.

You'd think we could all agree on freedom...

edit on 21-6-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The only reason I knew this is because they paid to run a commercial about it...........on FOX News.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
the op knows how to ruin a persons day

i thought that i would never have to hear olbermann name ever agian.

just goes to show that pundits are just like bad pennies

you never know when they will turn up again.

hip hip horrah for the political shills.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

From MSNBC itself

You'd believe that if you were being fed by Fox, Limbaugh and Hannity but alas the ONLY left wing media outlet is MSNBC. I noticed you didn't mention Willie Geist, Scarborough, Buchanan or the other rabid right wingers on MSNBC. MSNBC is still way more "balanced" than Fox. The others are not left leaning at all. Just because they reported the truth when Bush and the republicans were raping our country doesn't make them left. Don't you ever wonder how these stations and networks owned by rich republicans can be "left"?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
You'd believe that if you were being fed by Fox, Limbaugh and Hannity ...

- I rarely watch FOX. When I have .. they haven't mentioned MSNBC (at least not while I was watching).
- I don't watch Limbaugh. Or is it 'listen to' ... is he radio or tv? Either way .... don't listen to the guy.
- I don't watch Hannity. That's past my bedtime.

FACT ... MSNBC is proudly far left wing. They admit it ... proudly. Their rabid left shills don't care that they are a laughing stock or that their ratings are through the floor ... they just keep pumping out the far left trash even when it is dead wrong.

Knowning MSNBC is far left wing hasn't got anything to do with what FOX sayd or doesn't say ... the network itself and the shills themselves proudly proclaim their 'progressive' far left stand.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join