It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is It That The Military Uses Lead Based On It's Bases Yet Is Illegal For Civilian Use?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au...

1:47 minutes into the video.

Text

www.iem-inc.com...

l

Text

An employee of a contractor, who contracts with the military,told us that when painting was involved on the bases, lead based paint was always used to this day. Inspite of the Federal Laws that make it illegal for civilians to use lead based paint, why are they continuing to use it and it is still illegal for civilian use?
Lead is one of the only known elements that blocks radiation? Any input is welcome.
edit on 21-6-2011 by missvicky because: to give time of lead based paint reference.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
My first time trying to insert external text. I see that I failed. Can anyone help?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

To put external text into a post, you type [e x] insert text here [/e x]. Without the spaces between the e and the x

Back on topic, they probably use lead based paint for some form of shielding from radiation

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au...

1:47 minutes into the video.

Text

www.iem-inc.com...

An employee of a contractor, who contracts with the military,told us that when painting was involved on the bases, lead based paint was always used to this day. Inspite of the Federal Laws that make it illegal for civilians to use lead based paint, why are they continuing to use it and it is still illegal for civilian use?
Lead is one of the only known elements that blocks radiation? Any input is welcome.
edit on 21-6-2011 by missvicky because: to give time of lead based paint reference

qoute me to see how i did it

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
To awnser your question.

The ammount of lead in the paint wouldn't really help against radiation, its to thin.
Its banned because it's really toxic and harmfull for kids, pregnant women etc.
And it's not really healthy for the enviroment.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OnlyLove

I concur ...

Depending on the amount of radiation you want to be protected from ... it has to be quite thick sheets / walls ... and preferably consistent layer(s) with minimal or zero open gaps ...

The amount of lead in paint ... is likely to be more damaging than protecting ...

Lead is also added to paint to speed drying, increase durability, retain a fresh appearance, and resist moisture that causes corrosion

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-6-2011 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Lead-based paint degrades the ability of micro-wave surveillance.

This is the prime reason it is not used in the general population and is used at military facilities.

The whole “Children eat the paint chips” campaign is a load of BS.

You have never seen a child eat ANY paint chip and we are to believe that this same made up child is not harmed if the child consumed latex or oil based paint chip , that would be as harmful as a lead based paint chip, all are toxins.

The amount of heavy metal ingested by humans via lead based paint is miniscule compared to rest of our environment, just consider the amount of Fluoride that is purposely fed to us and our children. The US Government doesn’t give a hoot about your health or environment, but they want us to believe them when it comes to some mythological child that sits at a window picking at flaking paint and eats it.

COME -ON, do you really believe that?

I have no children at home, I have no flaking paint at my home, I should be FREE to use what ever paint I choose.

However, if I had several layers of lead paint on the exterior of my house the Government’s micro-wave, and electro-magnetic capabilities would be hindered.

This is where the true hides.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
lead based paints are used at bases because there is more control of the paint life...
there is better control of its application, disposal... and the old product has been properly
handled before it gets to the stage where it chips off.

the MSDS and other procedures and protocols are better regulated in a military lifestyle atmosphere.
the civvies are loose cannons in every respect ~ but, hey thats' freedom

and... has anyone ever known of base housing units being clad in siding that had asbestos in it...
i say the gov't has info & data which consumer protection labs would want...

Q:

that old lead-paint the thread is about... just who is the supplier?
Is the civilian contractor using supplies provided by the military?
idon't know for sure of any domestic producers that make/sell lead based paints, No market for it
edit on 21-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

That's what I think too.

Standard for military but banned for civilians. Speaks for itself considering it's only paint.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

That's interesting ...

Ive done a quick google search .. and can't find anything on that as yet ...

Do you have any links handy ... that could provide further reading ?

Cheers

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

C4 plastic explosive is used by the military - but illegal for civilians too

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This question came up in another thread a while ago. It was about the celldar technology and how lead paint blocks it. Don't know if its true. You want an all seeing eye

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i can answer this simply for you all....
lead paint us used by the military as it has a long shelf life and the military are a bit tight when it comes to spending money. in other words they use what they have, and what they have is lead paint and LOTS of it

oh yeah before anybody accuses me of being some top secret spy here to throw you off the scent, i used to be in the army, i have painted both buildings and vehicles and the paint we used was always in rusty old cans that should have had long service medals

In the forces, nothing gets wasted.... apart from ammo

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

C4 plastic explosive is used by the military - but illegal for civilians too

When i had a blasters license and explosives permits i could have bought C4 if i needed it. its not illegal for civilians if you have the proper paper work.
C4 is used by civilian blasters for specialty metal shaping.
Its also used for bonding dissimilar metals like titanium liners to steel for chemical storage tanks
www.pacaero.com...

As for lead paint the navy where i live does not use lead paint on base housing.

They do use lead paint on building where children are not allowed or use.

But then again many state and federal government agencies still use lead paint on bridges and other iron structures
edit on 21-6-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Go find a house with LEAD base paint in it. Put a wireless router in that house connected to the internet.

Now take your laptop outside and see if it can connect to that wireless internet. It can not.

Now would the CIA/FBI/NAS/DOD want people to live in homes without LEAD based paint so they could "see"...

Maybe LEAD based paint was banned for civilian use for Intelligence reasons.

Anyone ever think of that?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Go find a house with LEAD base paint in it. Put a wireless router in that house connected to the internet.

Now take your laptop outside and see if it can connect to that wireless internet. It can not.

Now would the CIA/FBI/NAS/DOD want people to live in homes without LEAD based paint so they could "see"...

Maybe LEAD based paint was banned for civilian use for Intelligence reasons.

Anyone ever think of that?

I bet the wifi works fine, it can be used in steel and concrete buildings.

I think the story is a fake and they don't use lead paint. Proof?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
have you ever tried using wireless internet outside a high building with a mainly metal construction? or even a mobile phone for that matter... signal is usually very poor.
hang on, maybe the government will ban people making tall buildings out of steel next.

maybe not

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Oh man this is awesome.

Lead paint is banned because the government want to direct microwave weapons at us???

Ha!

So why was lead removed from fuel? So they can microwave us in our cars too?

What about gun shot?

Toys?

Pencils?

Give me a break.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
sorry but i have to pick you up on the fact that lead isnt used in pencils, it was banned so we couldnt write things that the government couldnt see

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
""So why was lead removed from fuel?""

LEAD is still used in the world in it's fuel. It was only banned in the US....there are some parts of the US still using leaded fuels...the US Territories got waivers to continue using leaded/high sulfur fuel obtained cheaper from their regions.

For example, 1 gallon of high sulfur gasoline is obtained from Malaysia for $1.70 and shipped to Guam where it's sold at premier US prices of $5 a gallon........but it's non-US Spec fuel and not even compatible with TIER II Federal Emission systems and plugs up catalytic convertors and EGR systems.

The Federal Government had to break out hack saws and hack the Catalytic Convertors off their new diesels to even drive around on that poopy fuel that plugs emission systems up...breaking their own Emission laws.

edit on 21-6-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join