It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Air Force just too good to be true

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Anyone can demand.

Funny how Russia is ignoring Israel.

There is only one hyperpower and that is the U.S.A.

Corfu can have the best airforce in the world as long as the U.S Navy was cleaning the skies around them.Your argument is silly.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

dont you think the Mossad knows this? if they knew they couldn't beat Russia, then they wouldn't DEMAND them to stop supplying fuel rods to Iran!!!

There isn't any threat from Russia. It's not like this would instigate a war between the nations.

Besides, if Russia ever thought of attacking Isreal, America would be there to back them up.

I was under the impression this was more theoretical then discussion of a real scenario, though. One on one between Russia and Isreal in the air, I'd have to go with Russia.

Israeli military not designed to fight a superpower?

You may be a superpower in your own region, but on the worldscale you certainly do not have the same power (political) as many European nations.

Yes I agreee with John Bull, the best tactical strike would be a land barrage of cruise missiles on all the known airfields and hangers in a simultaneous attack wave. Followed by a massive air drop of conventional bombs by a high alttitude bomber group, then a total pounding by large naval vessels at sea. I doubt their airforce would have much of a chance to change the tables on this kind of threat.

What exactly would be the delivery system for such an attack? I doubt Russia has this capability, and I know for fact China does not. Isreal has tough defenses, and while cruise missiles could be used to weaken them it is not going to be enough to defeat them.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
Your question was an open one it excluded political concerns.

Destroying Israel is a completely different question but we'll stick to conventional weapons.

Any attack on Israel by a major power would start with a cruise missile attack taking out many of the Israeli airforce bases.Any one of the four countries I mentioned above could do this and then control the eastern Med with Carrier groups and controling the airspace hundreds of miles around them.

Personally I find these type of who is best discussions silly.

the strategy to bomb Israeli AF bases with cruise missiles is brilliant!!!
there's one problem though...

THE ARROW

this is the most advanced Air Defense Missile in the world(made in ISRAEL)

since cruise missiles will be ineffective against Israel, its hard to see carrier planes with Air Superiority over Israeli airspace.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

"Funny how Russia is ignoring Israel."

its also funny how Israel is not backing down from them!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
the russians just need to bring a few tunguska's with them and the IAF's F15's will look like shooting stars.

can we now stop talking about this,it's like a PS2-Xbox fanboy discussion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join