It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Air Force just too good to be true

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Israel has, by far, the best Air Force in the world(statistically speaking). Now they're improving their infantry units. Without the IAF, Israel wouldn't exist today. Nobody has ever beaten them. i guess...its just...too hard!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Considering they spend most of their time flying over Gaza and the West Bank and intermittently firing missiles and bombs into refugee camps, they have it pretty good.

They're in multi-million dollar technological killing machines (with the money to buy them from the USA) and they're fighting against people with sticks, rocks, and the occasional firearm.

Yeah, wow, what heroism!

Explain what you mean by "statistically speaking". What "statistics" are you looking at that show the Israeli Air Force to be the best in the world?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
They're in multi-million dollar technological killing machines (with the money to buy them from the USA) and they're fighting against people with sticks, rocks, and the occasional firearm.

You must be so proud of the Pilots who fight Stick and Stone weilding children with APache Gunships and F-16 armend with TOW Missiles.
Wonder how they would do in a fair fight?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
FredT,

You must be so pround of the parents who willingly sacrifice there children.
Stay on the subject or don't post your sick view points.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Considering they spend most of their time flying over Gaza and the West Bank and intermittently firing missiles and bombs into refugee camps, they have it pretty good.

Very well said. Im actually impressed. However, you forgot to mention the suicide bombings and arab leaders vowing to drive the Israelis into sea. refugee camps? the arabs are known to use innocent people as human shields, so dont blame Israel.

Yeah, wow, what heroism!

Explain what you mean by "statistically speaking". What "statistics" are you looking at that show the Israeli Air Force to be the best in the world?

Read into the Israeli-Arab Wars, especially the Six-Day War. you'll see wat im talking about.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think in the Middle East they have the best airforce. But if they came up head to head with a power like Russia or China they would get crushed.

Also if America sold weapons the way they do to Iaraeli to say Egypt then Egypt would have the best airforce in that area.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think in the Middle East they have the best airforce. But if they came up head to head with a power like Russia or China they would get crushed.

Israel's biggest export is technology, specifically for military use. Israel supplies China with technology. How you got the idea that China could crush Israel is beyond me!!! Russia, on the other hand, is a different story. Russia developes their own technology. its basically Israel(quality) vs. Russia(quality and quantity). However, since Israelis have a sharper mind, i personally go with Israel.

Also if America sold weapons the way they do to Iaraeli to say Egypt then Egypt would have the best airforce in that area.

Not really. Israel has the best Intelligence agency in the world. The Mossad could easily obtain infomation about any weapon Egypt gets(example: In the war of Attrition, the Israelis stole a new hi-tech Soviet radar from Egypt...with ease). Plus they develope their own technology.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The British RAF could still whip their asses

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
FredT:

You must be so proud of the Pilots who fight Stick and Stone weilding children with APache Gunships and F-16 armend with TOW Missiles.
Wonder how they would do in a fair fight?

? Did you miss my sarcasm or am I missing yours? I was saying that OF COURSE Israel has a better air force than it's main enemy, it's main enemies are refugees.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well the Isrealis do have some excellent fighter aircraft. And needless to say the Isreali pilots definatly have some experience. If I'm not mistaken the Isrealis have racked up most of the kills ever made in the F-15. I believe they've made about sixty some kills and USAF pilots have made thirty some. So I'll credit the IAF is a very capable force. They could probably hold there own against a major air power in the event of an attack.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
NOBODY IN THE MID EAST wants to send their planes and pilots up against the IAF!! That is why they send their children with sticks and stones. Any time agressors have fielded an air force against the IAF they have been overwhelmingly defeated. THIS HOWEVER DOES NOT MAKE WHAT THE IAF DOES AGAINST CHILDREN RIGHT IN ANY WAY!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

? Did you miss my sarcasm or am I missing yours? I was saying that OF COURSE Israel has a better air force than it's main enemy, it's main enemies are refugees.

Nope I think we are on thesame page

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
200 million soldiers and no ocean separating Israel from China thats how they would crush Israel. If you think Israel could stand up to the might of PLA you have been misinformed. The numbers alone are too much for really any country in the world to handle in a land war. There tech might not be as good one on one but thats not the type of war Israel would be fighting with China.

Also if you think Israelis sharper mind would save it from Russia
Russia would role right over Israel if they wanted.

Im sorry to burst your bubble but Israel is not a Super Power and they never were.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm not saying Isreal can stand up to a major superpower directly but in the air they would be able to down a large number of aircraft. They wouldn't hold up for long but they would do very well for there size. They could easily go head on with Iran in an aero-naval war.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm pretty certain they woul give our air force a run for it's money. They learned from the Japanese, took our invention and made it better. See
Janes.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
ShadowXIX,

you're right i've been misinformed.

As quoted by SectorGaza,
"i know that israel got some f117 it is called "Hamkan" here, but what about the f22 or even the jsf? does israel intend to have them anytime in the future?

A total of 102 two-seat F-16Is will be delivered to Israel under two production contracts worth a combined $4.4 billion. The first aircraft will arrive early next year and subsequent deliveries will occur at a rate of two per month spanning about four years.

With the arrival of the 102 F-16Is, Israel will have a total of 362 of the jets � the largest fleet in any country in the world behind the United States."

hmmm.......Israel with seocnd largest fleet in the world...
considering the mossad, israeli technology, and second largest fleet, israel will decimate Russia!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Note:

Only the second largest fleet of F-16's...not total Aircraft. the RAF alone has over 1000 aircraft, so i'm pretty sure the Russians or Chinese would have many more.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I'm pretty certain they woul give our air force a run for it's money.

Are you talking about the US? We would kill Israel even though they have some of our jets. Israelis are good when they go up against 3r country pilots in F-16�s, but they are not good when they go up against Red Flag graduates in F-15�s and F/A-22�s.

but what about the f22 or even the jsf? does israel intend to have them anytime in the future?

No the Israelis are not getting the Raptor nor any other country for that matter the F/A-22 is strictly USAF only. The Israelis however are going to get some F-35�s C or D version when they come out in 2010.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
the Soviets couldn't win against the Afghanis in the 80s!!!

Do you really think they could win against Israel?

I know that there's no more USSR due to lack of funding. However, Russia is facing the same problems.

now to another misinformed member...

...but they are not good when they go up against Red Flag graduates in F-15�s and F/A-22�s.

im sorry to break it to you, but Israel also particpates in Red Flag Operations.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't see the US winnig against the Afghani's or Iraqis for that matter matey.

The fact is, a conventional Airforce is little or no use against a sporadic, dispersed guerilla force. Israeli, Russian, American or British, they would have all failed in Afghanistan

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join