It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

------FORUM GUIDELINES------

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think the last sentence bears looking at carefully.

To help that goal, we will soon be having a predictions contest involving "sealed predictions" that will be covered and managed through this forum.

I don't want to second guess what SO has in mind on this but "sealed predictions" seems like an excellent and original idea for those truly interested in member's predictions.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
SO mentioned something regarding the google search engine and the fact that sometimes the predictions forum may be the first impression people might have of ATS.

I know that a few months back, the mudpit was becoming a problem for the same reason.

What about making the a predictions forum that is restricted?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sosuemetoo I know that a few months back, the mudpit was becoming a problem for the same reason.
Googe does not index the MudPit as it has a restricted access, Google cannot see it.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
[edit on 9-8-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
EDIT: Since we have a predictions area on BTS, my prior comments are now irrelevant.

My apologies, SO, I knew you'd figure out a compromise.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Bobbo]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
If ATS started screening all the other threads for true content there may be very little left. As for the predictions and prophecies it was always one I enjoyed following - true potential of the paranormal. As for those wannabe moderators who want to mold ATS into their personal homepage, let others live also. This has become an exercise in shutting down freedom of speech - topics are likt the TV, you don't like whats being said somewhere change channels.

Research threads have limited contributors list, as does the Campaign 2004 section (Banshee required a compelling u2u to get on the Republican/Conservative team). Give SO time to structure alternatives, the goal of ATS is never to regress or reduce member participation and interest.

Organ Grinder Monkeys, not just for flippin' coins at anymore...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
OOPS when I spoke about the "wannabe moderators" I was not in anyway referring to the actual moderators I was speaking about new members who start yelling when they find a thread that they don't like and insist on it being closed down. The predictions one being the latest victim.b

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Mynaeris]

d1k

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I do not toally agree with disallowing all user perdictions but the constant and usless Dreams posts and "i have a bad feeling" posts were a bit...flakey.

You can't seriously say a dream is a perdiction if you do not have any kind of 6th sense while you are awake. Same goes for the bad feeling posts.

Originally posted by Mynaeris
OOPS when I spoke about the "wannabe moderators" I was not in anyway referring to the actual moderators I was speaking about new members who start yelling when they find a thread that they don't like and insist on it being closed down. The predictions one being the latest victim.b

That is extremely funny you say that considering you were whining and crying to have one of my threads closes cause you insisted it was a hoax. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by d1k]

Ken

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
We don't do pouty "resignation posts"...

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just an idea for the present moment, on the BTS there is the member dreams, maybe some of the threads in this section could be moved there to cut down on the volume of posts made in this forun.

good luck sorting this bit out

rynaldo

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
well, I cant beleive that ATS is a non supporter of free speech. I found this site on accident. I love it, its just more exposure for you guys. Oh well, we've just been censored again...sigh... So much for the land of the free..

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
SO,

I have several problems with your idea.

1) Are we here at ATS more interested in gaining new members or Denying Ignorance-Hate to tell you what your idea makes it sound like!

2) The requirement will only (as stated) reduce the forum to those who have, can afford their own website, how very Republican of you. Is our search for truth or those with money/resources?

3) This might encourage many people here to join *Site name deleted due to pending legal issues*, post their predications, and then link their post here to the other board-are we trying to assist other boards develop? It is not that I object to this idea at all, it has great merit and might further help to inform more of the world around us of this type of information-if so tell us in that manor-many or all of us would applaud that sort of action.

4) I agree with other posters, that you could make a new restricted area, for "Personal Predictions" and the open area for all others

5) It seems to me that this decision was taken without the knowledge or desire of all the people at ATS. It may be your board, but don't you care about the opinions of all of your members?

So, as I see it, the question is, is the board what only you want or is it what all the members want-A simple answer to that one would say a lot about you and this board-well?

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am a new member and stumbled across this board because of the google links associated with terrorism and predictions. I read those and then was happily surprised to see all of the fascinating threads that ATS has.

I am disappointed that you are going to do away with the Predictions link and I hope that you will reconsider it. If you think that it's a problem with the entire sites credibility issue than maybe you can rename the link or put some sort of disclaimer with it, but continue to allow people to post freely.

Those that feel the predictions are mumbo jumbo are not forced to read them and I assume are capable of self control so they don't have to even acknowledge that those threads exist.

Many people have had 'gut feelings' that end up coming true and are not claiming to be psychic. In the times we are living in it is nice to have a place to discuss our gut feelings and what they may or may not mean. It is also interesting to see how many other people are feeling the same way. I am not one that has posted, or considered posting on the predictions threads, but I do read it to see if anyone is picking up the same 'vibes' that I'm feeling.

I hope there is a way to solve this other than banning people from posting their predictions and thoughts.

Jemison

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
From this point forward, this forum is for the discussion of predictions from modern previously-published clairvoyants (with links), ancient prophecies, and not the random posting of member's predictions.

Member predictions, posted after the date of this notice (without prior permission from board staff) will be deleted without warning.

To obtain permission to post your prediction, contact any SuperMod, Admin, or the moderators of this forum. When posting, reference who supplied you with advance permission.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

not only did I know this was going to happen, I knew he'd edit it.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I support this one 100% SO!

These "predictions" descended into ramblings about anything and everything.

"uhm... i think somethin bad might happen..like...sometime soon. y'know, an i see like black smoke n stuff"

If you want to make SERIOUS predictions then go ahead, but all those ramblings and bullcrap posts really ruined it for everyone else. I used to love the forum right back at the start but i've grown to loathe it.

Return it to REAL PREDICTIONS that consist of posts more than 1 lines. If you want it so much then make the effort.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
While I agree that it would be nice to have a forum to discuss previously established predictions, I feel that the members here would like a place to discuss thier own predictions. The sealed predictions idea would be good for members who are wanting to stick their neck out, but I think it would be good to have a place on BTS for members to discuss their predictions. This would solve most everyone's issues. I don't believe that the Dream forum on BTS covers the Prediction topic.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I feel that the members here would like a place to discuss thier own predictions.

You've got one... It's called Chit-Chat.

m...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
As our popularity continues to grow and people find us through searches other than typical conspiracy, government, or alien subject-searches, we need to consider being mindful of the nature of the content that is posted on ATS, and the potential "first impression" new visitors may receive.

I didn't know you had a sense of humor, SO
.....wait....that's not a joke....

It seems to me that ATS becomes steeped in more and more rules every day - some for the better, some for the worse....not much longer and we'll have a forum for ATS conspiracies (HAHA! - j/k)

To be honest, I agree with SO's choice, but I completely don't understand it, seeing as how the site is alive b/c of its members

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I understand the basis for the move but have to side with the dissenters. It was a bad move. Personally, I actively look for member predictions, hunches, vibes, etc. My feeling is, if something really bad is going to happen and there really is some other-dimensional entity(ies) looking out for us then it is more likely to turn-up through multiple people. I find myself thinking about all the people in Close Encounters... if only they had had a forum to relay their obsessions with mountains, 5-note sequences, etc.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Perhaps the most important question we can ask is...

Have any of them actually been right?

Didn't think so.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join