It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Rules US Taxpayers, Not BP Or Transocean, Are Liable For Gulf Oil Spill Clean Up Costs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by David9176

Is there any doubt now that America has ceased to be a Democratic Republic and is now under the tyrannical rule of Corporations? A corporate Oligarchy if you will; a Corporatracy. Neither the Supreme Court or the Administration, Congress or the Legislature give a **** about the American taxpayers or their welfare. Only the big money lobbyist matter now.

What a sad and pitiful Nation we have become! The prophetic world of George Orwell is now a reality.

edit on 20-6-2011 by whaaa because: pt

In the past I have disagreed with you in absolute totality.

Today I AGREE WITH YOU JUST AS VEHEMENTLY!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
corperations > people

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
wow its 2011 and people still believe in the easter bunny and santa claus. look i know its progress i know its better to have people woken up than not. but if your only now coming to the conclusion that corporations run the governments of the world and that the law is for their protection not ours your about 10 years behind the 8 ball

Just saying this isn't new. all i can suggest is spread this info in places where people don't already know this like local media outlets. put it on fb but don't link it to ats. your story will loose credibility in the eyes of the sleepy. they need to be told by the cool the trust. so give them what they want.
edit on 21-6-2011 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Pretty amazing that this went unnoticed? 100,000 claims and they were basically said "Tough S?"

I wonder if that judge has any shares in BP.
edit on 20-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

They knew that they couldn't pass this thing while the spill was to fresh in peoples minds. So they waited and then gave the companies a pass. You wanna bet how fast BP will settle for people who had there life destroyed, not this century.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
So what do we do, take the f*#king from the government and pay our taxes or get together and figure out how to screw them back? We've only been getting this for a long time now the only question is when this is going to end. The answer is when we decide not to let this happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by origamiandurbanism
Is the clean up actually done? What are the long-term effects?

And how much did BP actually pay?

Like stated before, I live in NWFL, and I still see BP clean up crews driving to the beaches in vans with trailers and kubota UTV's, with shovels, rakes, bags.. they even have 2 staging sections set up on the road I take to go to work.. I dunno why they are there, but they are there.. we were told everything is back to normal.
edit on 6/21/2011 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/21/2011 by eXia7 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
WOW...Well, it's like this. You drive a car. you buy gas at BP. They have a spill.
You STOP buying gas at BP? WTF... Really, you are part of the problem and now you're bailing?
To hell with the little guy that owns the franchise?
I don't agree that TAXPAYERS should pay, as I currently ride a BIKE and pay taxes,
but then again I DO ride the CTA (Chicago transit buses and trains)
and the cars I have owned were ridiculous 70's Chevys and Cadilacs,
and probably will again...and I do fly in airplanes...
If you're part of the problem then be part of the solution...

I feel about this like I did when 911 happened, like, I need to move because I'm guilty by association just by living in this country...I had just got back from Europe, thankfully the dollar was still stronger than the new Euro and they didn't hate us QUITE as much as now...not that they are 100% innocent either, but I saw 2 gas stations in two weeks there and most roads in the cities couldn't fit a stupid SUV down them let alone 2 cars at once, and the few cars I did see were TINY, and when they ran into each other on those streets and had to back up they didn't freak out because their automobile is not a penis attachment that they live in with a 15 inch speaker in the back or a DVD system so you don't have to talk to the kids in the 20 minutes it takes to get to the grocery store, it's a necessity because you commute and you got an amazing place for your family that you can't get to by train.

That's why they don't have a drinking age in most of Europe. People aren't as abusive of their commodities and have self-control.
Unless you're rich and have a chauffer and fleets of cars and planes, and then yea, pay up already.
Really, you should be scrubbing ducks with Dawn. Again.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The best way to fix stuff like this is to let companies
Be left alone. If BP fawks up and you are injured, you should
Sue them. Call Larry H Parker and take a day off
From work to settle the matter. Ron Paul it and stop the
Abuse that is destroying BP and jobs in American.
Where the hell is Neo and Centurion to speak some sense?
Amen from Paris, janky out

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
sad but kinda irrelevent to the taxpayers consider exxon once paid fines and clean up costs for the valdez spill in alaska. last year they made billions and payed no taxes. so in a sense we the taxpayer just paid for the valdez spill. we were gonna pay for this one also now your just ruining the suprise thx.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

who would have guessed it. BP bought off another US federal judge. Shame on you buddy. Is money the only thing that we respond to now days? it is SO PAST TIME for us to take on these corrupt people and bring the lot of them to justice. make BP and all the corrupt politicians go out there and put their lives on the line and clean up this horrendous mess that THEY created!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Many support big oil, in their blind vain ideals that the earth is forever. We are parasites, however we can evolve and become something better. Homo sapiens die, so homo novus can take the scene. Novus tend to be intellectuals, concerned for thei global home and focused on the stars and technological innovation.

While homo sapiens are more simple minded, easily consumed by greed. Through out history royal families would "keep it in the family" thus halting any evolutionary process. So the rich and powerful of today, most have had similar genetic histories. So most of tptb are genetically inferior, they do not know what's best for the species, nor the planet, and should be removed from any political power they currently posesss.

It is logical, also novus, tend not to be overwhelmed by their emotions, while sapiens are blinded by theirs.

Like Neanderthals, sapiens had their time in the sun and now it's time for change. Evolution fixes just about everything. When one species starts taking over the species prior to it, either accepts the change or struggles and fights in a vain attempt to stop evolution. Sometimes even destroying their entire world, just to stop the process.

This next hundred years will be just that, do we make our transition into the universe, or do a bunch of emotionally compromised monkeys stop us from doing so? It's a waiting game, and I'm pretty sure novus has already won.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
This doesnt suprise me. The worst thing about it is.. There is nothing we can do about it.

There's plenty we can do, just that no one really cares or even know. If the Egytians can overthrow their dictator why can't we?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Why would anyone be surprised that a U.S. court rules against the interest of the American people? With the onslaught of rulings for homosexuality. Furthermore in respect to the rulings that the government can constitutionally force Americans to buy a product, the judiciary has proven to be more radical in it's deconstruction of America than al Qaeda could ever hope to be.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join