It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what superheros deserve a movie?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I would love to see a new version of the Remo Williams/ Destroyer movie. The 1st one was pretty lame but what do you expect from an 80's movie?

If they make a new one, I hope they don't do another origins movie and instead show Williams and Chuin 10 years down the road when Remo has mastered the Sinanju skills and is nearly a master assassin. With the special effects they have today, they could really do a good job of it.

I've been reading these books since Desert Storm and I love the political satire they mix into the novels and hope this translates into any upcoming film that may come out.

There are rumors that something may be in the works. I just pray they get it right this time.

New film

In 2009, Dark Horizons suggested that a new Remo movie may be in the works, produced by The Dark Knight producer Charles Roven and Transporter producer Steve Chasman, in association with Columbia Pictures. Charley Parlapanides and Vlas Parlapanides are writing the screenplay.

Wiki

ETA: I found this on youtube. Not sure if its a promo for a real film or just wishful thinking:

edit on 6/21/11 by FortAnthem because:
_________________ Looks like that babana has some Sinanju training.

edit on 6/21/11 by FortAnthem because: Found better promo vid.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Oh, I just remembered something.

Anybody know any more about those rumours of Jason Statham being sought out to star in a Daredevil reboot?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I haven't heard those rumors. There is a director and a script (adapted from the "Born Again" storyline) but no cast is signed.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ok thanks, I just remember the talk about having Statham playing Daredevil a year or two ago and hadn't heard anything since.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Are you kidding? That was a classic!

Remo: "Chuin, you're incredible!"
Chuin: "No.....I am better than that..."

Funny tidbit...the name of the secret project they were investigating was HAARP...
(or something darn similar)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Are you kidding? That was a classic!

Remo: "Chuin, you're incredible!"
Chuin: "No.....I am better than that..."

Funny tidbit...the name of the secret project they were investigating was HAARP...
(or something darn similar)

The bickering between Remo and Chuin was the only thing they got right in that movie. In the books, Chuin can dodge full automatic weapons fire and moves too fast for the eye to see. He also tends to kill off anyone who irritates him, leaving Remo to clean up the bodes. With the lame '80's special effects, they couldn't even do half of what they should have to do true justice to the series.

I saw it on TV and got sucked into it anyway because they haven't put out any new books in over a year.
It was funny to an extent but, I just couldn't help but think how it could be soo much better if they made it today and stuck more to the books. The most disappointing thing about the movie was the total lack of the political satire that is ever present in the books. Another thing the movie left out is the whole business of Remo being the avatar of Shiva, the destroyer of worlds. That could have added a whole new mystical and dark prophecy element to the movie.

And yes, they were investigating a Star Wars type weapon called HARP in the movie (they left out one of the A's)
edit on 6/22/11 by FortAnthem because:
______________ Go Sinanju bananna!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I know they aren't super heroes...but..

They need to make a new Mortal Kombat movie.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
I know they aren't super heroes...but..

They need to make a new Mortal Kombat movie.

Pretty sure it's already in the works, Robin Shou and Linden Ashby are on board.

I'll give you a star for the Dimebag avatar too

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I liked the first one ok (and the soundtrack kicks butt, I love that CD)....but I think they made a sequel that I either forgot about, or dismissed from my mind.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I liked the first one ok (and the soundtrack kicks butt, I love that CD)....but I think they made a sequel that I either forgot about, or dismissed from my mind.

Yeah, the sequel was horrible in every way. Only good thing about is was Ray Park playing Raiden during that character's fight scene.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

after reading your post i was inspired to go back and watch a copy of Remo Williams i found on youtube..

i was shocked to see how well the movie held up over the years and even got a few belly laughs out of chuin's stinging one liners...

i just wanted to thank you for reminding me of the character and the film.

Thanks again !

~meathead

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

No problem, glad you enjoyed it. I guess the movie wasn't THAT bad.

Its just like any other book they make a movie about; if you have read the book beforehand you can be sure to be disappointed by the movie.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrganicAnagram33
I want to see a live action Batman Beyond that's done thoughtfully. Heck, I'd settle for another animated one as well.

Mask of the Phantasm was awesome, one of the best Batman movies IMHO.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

There is an official Mortal Kombat web series if you are not aware of it. Here is the link: Mortal Kombat: Legacy. It's not the greatest thing and at times doesn't follow the storyline from the game very well, but it's fun to watch. My favorite is the Johnny Cage episode where we find out he's a former cast member on power rangers!
Also great seeing the Ed Boon cameo.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I actually prefer see some Vertigo Comics movie. A good one, like V for Vendetta, not like Constantine (it doesn't even have the original title, Hellblazer). I would love to see Sting as John Constantine (the original inspiration for the character), not Keanu. Also, a nice Preacher movie would be very cool.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Both of these need a Hollywood make over.
edit on 25-6-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I still think Wonder Woman is ripe for a movie. She's the only major DC character (I classify major as being in the Superfriends cartoon when I was a kid, hehe...) that hasn't really gotten the treatment yet...except for Aquaman...who probably isn't too far behind.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
OK..... I'm giving away my age here. Yeah, I'm old. "Back in the day" -- the early 60's, -- one of my favorite things was to take some of the hard earned money I'd make: delivering newspapers, cutting lawns, shoveling snow, whatever..... and to the corner drug store to buy a pile of comic books. At ten cents a comic, the two or three dollars -- burning a hole in my pocket -- really went a long way. Still, I was a discriminating shopper. I'd stand at the comic book rack for what probably seemed like an hour to the pharmacist. I could feel his eyes burning a hole in the back of my head as I carefully studied the covers of each and every new comic on the rack. I guess he was worried that I might try to tuck one of those books under my shirt or something. Little did he know that I would never do that. There was no way that I'd risk wrinkling the cover or even folding one of the corners!

Slowly, I would spin the comic book rack around, picking out the latest Batman, Detective, Action, Adventure comics. I'd eagerly snatch up the new Green Lantern or the Flash. I'd grab DC comics, Charlton's, Dell's and, later, Marvel's. By the time I was finished, I'd have quite a nice stack of comics. A quick stop at the "penny candy" counter to pick up a quarter's worth of "jaw-breakers", "pixie-sticks" and other assorted "junk" and I'd be set for a leasurely afternoon of reading and day-dreaming.

Those were the days when being a kid was truly a care-free existence. The biggest problem that I faced was "which comic do I read first?" It wasn't an easy decision. But, more often than not, I'd find myself passing over the "important" comics (Batman, Superman .... you know, the 'serious' books) and I'd start out with a comic that many of todays' comic fans might not know -- Metal Men !

The Metal Men, a DC comic, was created by Robert Kanigher in 1962. The Metal Men first appeared in Showcase Comics with art by Ross Andru on pencils and inked by Mike Esposito. After a brief run in Showcase, The Metal Men quickly proved popular enough to warrant their own title which had a relatively decent run.

Original Metal Men
Gold – could stretch his body almost infinitely.
Iron – was super strong.
Lead – could block harmful radiation and the like and usually morphed into thick shields.
Mercury – could melt and reform himself through small spaces, or over vast distances. Mercury is the firebrand of the group, confrontational and hot headed he regularly gets into scrapes with the rest of the group especially Platinum. He feels his talents are not truly recognized and think that he should be leader of The Metal Men. He is ironically a fan of the film genre Robot Hunter.
Platinum – Platinum (Nickname Tina, later Platina) as she is commonly known is the only female member of The Metal Men. She has a faulty 'responsometer' which makes her act like a real human woman. Tina is in love with Doc Magnus and the two regularly verbally spar with the Doc threatening to repair her 'responsometer'. She has a personality clash with Mercury the other firebrand of The Metal Men.
Tin – Tin is the kind caring member of the group he has a terribly low self esteem and believes that he is not worth of being part of the Metal Men. He is however very brave and is happy to put his life on the line for his comrades. Seemed to prefer acting as a "can" or container. His other efforts usually failed due to his weak strength. SOURCE

Throughout the run of the comic, there were a variety of substitute "metal" members: i.e., cobalt, gallium, iridium, silver, zinc, osmium, copper...etc.

I would love to see a Metal Men movie. Frankly, after seeing the Transformer films, I frequently have wondered how a Metal Men movie would fare. Certainly, the cinemagraphic techniques now exist to due the subject matter justice. But I never felt like the Metal Men team ever had the popularity necessary to warrant a big screen adaptation. Interestingly enough, the possibility of a Metal Men movie actually exists!!!!

During an interview with superherohype.com on April 9, 2006, Lauren Shuler Donner (producer of the X-Men trilogy) expressed interest in developing Metal Men into a movie like Men in Black, a light film with "a lot of CGI." On November 19, Donner confirmed in an interview with IESB.net that she was indeed in the early stages of developing the movie with Warner Bros. SOURCE

If the Metal Men ever do make it to the "big screen", I know that I'll make the trek to the theatre, probably barely able to contain my excitement. Some things just make one feel just like a kid again.
edit on 7/9/2011 by benevolent tyrant because: to correct spelling.

edit on 7/9/2011 by benevolent tyrant because: edit to correct code

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Aquaman sucks!

We need Really Really Big Man in a movie.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
My vote goes for this super hero....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join