It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what superheros deserve a movie?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
(i searched for previous threads and hope theres none
)
(mods if this is in the wrong place can you fix?)

a lot of movies are out about superheros now like batman, ironman, spiderman and now recently the green lantern and the new (old) x-men

personally i like the hulk and in the most recent movie he was more like the comic book and this i enjoyed.

i think the abc warriors(en.wikipedia.org...) would be magic for it with a kind of judge dredd/transformers mix it'd be brilliant for 3D.

What childhood heros who havent had a movie do you think deserve a shot at the hollywood boxoffice and why?

edit on 20-6-2011 by wedidgothacked because: spelling

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wedidgothacked

I think... (OK so a couple not superheroes... but comic book all the same
)

Preacher
Sandman (LOL)
A GOOD Spider-Man & Punisher Movie would be nice.
DR. Strange
Green Arrow
Swamp Thing
Doom Patrol
The Ultimates

edit on 20/6/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Green Arrow definitely

I'm hesitant to say Luke Cage, Nick Fury, Black Panther and Deadpool because I know all of those are in the works.

Cable could be good for a movie.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

definitely a good punisher and spider-man is required

or a traditional hulk vs spiderman cross......... would be nice

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Deadpool all the way...ouh...and why...Cause he's just insane and would be the most entertaining/funny
edit on 20-6-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

have you ever noticed that every super hero lives in a big city

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilapidated

Hmm...yeah...why is that?
edit on 20-6-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilapidated

hmmmm very true

superman/clark kent wasnt a true superhero until he got a job in the CITY

why is that?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I want to see a live action Batman Beyond that's done thoughtfully. Heck, I'd settle for another animated one as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Wonder Woman, of course.

Could add a whole new demographic, for starters...and, just look at the most active "Superfriends" from our youth, who have had movies...Superman, Batman & Robin, etc.

And yet relative no-named ones like Daredevil get movies?

Someone suggested Punisher...they've tried it like six times or more, and it NEVER found a wide audience.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'd love to see this guy on the sliver screen.

edit on 20-6-2011 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2011 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Green Arrow definitely

I'm hesitant to say Luke Cage, Nick Fury, Black Panther and Deadpool because I know all of those are in the works.

I would agree with the Nick fury idea if they would take him back to his roots, before shield, when he was the leader of the Howling Commandos in WWII. complete with the red skull and a guest appearance from steve rogers..

yes i have seen the cartoon short that was released, but being an old school fan, who would like to see the integrity of the characters remain intact, i just cannot seem to get over sgt fury's sudden "change in appearance"..

~meathead
edit on 20-6-2011 by Mike Stivic because: added : who would like to see the integrity of the characters remain intact,

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I second Wonder Woman. There are some real contenders for the role and the fight scenes could be awesome!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am extremely happy about this one not sure if it's true and I know they did it once but not justice, but The Shadow has always been one of my favorite heroes of all time. Just no one will do it justice and I hope somebody will take it and run with it. It's the perfect mix of villainy and heroics I love the character. Being that Sam Raimi is doing it I hope he doesn't mess it up, there is also a rumor that Tarrantino wanted to do it but I guess that wasn't true.www.moviesonline.ca... article about Tarrantino www.movieweb.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i would like to see a new spawn movie i dont know if this fits but a live action ninja scroll would be nice

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
What I would like to see

Werewolf by Night
Sub Mariner
Cable
Deadpool
Alpha Flight
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Outsiders
Preacher
Sandman
Morbius
Galactus and the Heralds

edit on 20/6/2011 by daikaiju because: spelling

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'd personally love to see DC's Captain Marvel on the big screen as he's one of my favorites, but I don't know that it would be a hit with the general public. I also hope that Goyer's Green Arrow Supermax script makes it to the big screen because it sounds really cool. I'd love to see a live-action or animated version of DC's "Kingdom Come" story.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
reply to post by curious7

Green Arrow definitely

I would agree with the Nick fury idea if they would take him back to his roots, before shield, when he was the leader of the Howling Commandos in WWII. complete with the red skull and a guest appearance from steve rogers..

yes i have seen the cartoon short that was released, but being an old school fan, who would like to see the integrity of the characters remain intact, i just cannot seem to get over sgt fury's sudden "change in appearance"..

~meathead
edit on 20-6-2011 by Mike Stivic because: added : who would like to see the integrity of the characters remain intact,

Yeah, I think the only reason they went with the Ultimate version of Fury was because he looked like Samuel L Jackson and they wanted the actual guy to help bring his fanbase and recognition to any lesser known hero's movie.

I'm pretty sure Marvel have said they may follow the Ultimate Nick Fury origin for his movie in that case like the new Spiderman is following the Ultimate version too with the wrist ,ounted web shooters.

Jackson's signed to do 9 movies anyway and so far we've had Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Thor out, he's appearing in The First Avenger: Captain America and The Avengers next year plus the announced Nick Fury movie but that's only 6 out of 9 so I wonder what the others will be?

As for the Deadpool movie, Ryan Reynolds IS contracted to return as the character and a Marvel spokesperson has admitted it won't be the version we saw at the end of the X-Men Origins: Wolverine film so it'll be closer to the source material and have Reynolds break the 4th wall and talk to the movie viewers through the screen like the character does in the comics which is awesome.

Pretty sure they still wanna make a Venom movie but it better not be the crappy Spiderman 3 version.

Out of all the Punisher movies, I liked the Thomas Jane/John Travolta/Kevin Nash one from 2004 the best, really loved that one. Don't think a Punisher movie will get any better than that unless they go with the first Blade movie's style of ultra violence/gore/language since he's a murdering vigilante (in the UK, the first Blade movie was rated 18 while The Punisher was a 15 at best like the majority of Saw movies)

Could a modern version of Swamp Thing work?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I've never liked the idea of "breaking the 4th wall" and I just think that its going to look incredibly cheesy in live action and could hurt the movie. I can't imagine it working out well but I suppose there could be a director out there somewhere that could pull it off. Deadpool can still be Deadpool without having to look at the camera and wink at the audience or anything like that.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I can see it being more of a comedy superhero movie anyway and one of my favourite films of all time (Wayne's World) breaks the 4th wall a lot and still manages to be great so I have hopes for Deadpool.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join