It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: You know who you are praying to? Not who you think

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Yes sorry I didnt want to post this twice. I wanted the moderators to remove the previous one, since I posted it at the wrong time.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Yes sorry my links once again caused me trouble, here they are for those who wish to see them.

Heres my youtuble channel.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 19-6-2011 by Seektruthalways1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jagdflieger

I see I didnt explain myself enough. Works will prove your faith. You should have read John chapter 2. Your faith is proven by your works. Think about it. You cannot get into eternal life by working with your own hands, that is where favor and grace come into play. But you must do something in order to receive that grace and favor.

A seed in the ground will not grow if you dont give it water, or soil for it to happen. If you just leave it alone, it will die. But giving the water to the plant and the soil is the works, and by the works you now allow it to grow. You dont make it grow yourself, you just start the process. The process of salvation we cannot do ourselves, but we must make that step to make it happen, and continue in it.

James (Ya'aqob) 2:20-26, Scriptures 2009

James 2:20 But do you wish to know, O foolish man, that the belief without the works is dead?
James 2:21 Was not Aḇraham our father declared right by works when he offered Yitsḥaq his son on the altar?
James 2:22 Do you see that the belief was working with his works, and by the works the belief was perfected?
James 2:23 And the Scripture was filled which says, “Aḇraham believed Elohim, and it was reckoned to him for righteousness.” And he was called, “Elohim’s friend.”
James 2:24 You see, then, that a man is declared right by works, and not by belief alone.
James 2:25 In the same way, was not Raḥaḇ the whore also declared right by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so also the belief is dead without the works.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I didnt say we have to learn Hebrew. Do you know you already use it? What do you think the word Hallelujah or Halleluyah or Alleluia came from? They all are pronounced the same, and they all came from the same language, Hebrew. And it means "to praise you Yah or Yahuwah". And the Messiah isnt English or Latin or Greek, so why would you call Him in a English Name?

The Angel Gabriel spoke to Mary the Name of the Messiah and it was in Hebrew. That word came straight from Heaven. You saying that Man has authority to change words spoken from Heaven? Sounds like you don't even believe in an everlasting 'word'.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't pray as much TO Jesus, as I wish to enjoy koinonia with him as the personification or the first iteration of the personification of the logos in the fullness of time and history. He is for me a relationship with the very best part of that which makes us most fully human as created beings, or the love that we really are, at core. To argue against Jesus would be like denying the very best part of myself, it's absurd, irrational and imho a foolish pursuit of the vain and egotisical, for those with understanding to do so. Fundamentally, when understood for what it is and represents to us as human beings having a spiritual experience, it's like denying the God as spirit of the universe within. Crazy!

edit on 19-6-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I agree with you in the fact that all these things we call Him are titles, obviously not His one true name, but I disagree with your attitude towards other believers - you're acting as if we're committing the unforgivable sin, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Will a person who truly believes in God and that he sent His Son to die on the Cross for our Sins and resurrect for our Salvation be denied entrance into Heaven because he called God.. 'God' all his life?

No.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Then salvation is no longer a gift - you have to earn it. This seems to make Paul a liar for in Ephesians he says it is a Gift from God and is unearned and cannot be earned by any works. Also we have in Romans:

(Rom 3:19) Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it speaketh to them that are under the law; that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may be brought under the judgment of God:
(Rom 3:20) because by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified in his sight; for through the law cometh the knowledge of sin.
(Rom 3:21) But now apart from the law a righteousness of God hath been manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
(Rom 3:22) even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ unto all them that believe; for there is no distinction;
(Rom 3:23) for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God;
(Rom 3:24) being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
(Rom 3:25) whom God set forth to be a propitiation, through faith, in his blood, to show his righteousness because of the passing over of the sins done aforetime, in the forbearance of God;
(Rom 3:26) for the showing, I say, of his righteousness at this present season: that he might himself be just, and the justifier of him that hath faith in Jesus.
(Rom 3:27) Where then is the glorying? It is excluded. By what manner of law? of works? Nay: but by a law of faith.
(Rom 3:28) We reckon therefore that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
religion sucks. believe in yourself and your energy!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
reply to post by Soldier of God

So is the people 400 years ago who called on Iesus gonna be saved? They called on Zeus in Latin/Greek hybrid name. Jesus is no different its an Latin/English/Greek hybrid. You think the inspired scholars knew that the 'sus' at the end of Jesus means pig or swine? Of course they knew they arent stupid, you just got caught in their game calling the son a pig. The Messiah will not stand for that.

Oh there is power in a name and the name is Jesus. Look... God looks on your heart not who or what we are. He knows if I am praising him or calling him names. I trust His infinite wisdom to know the difference. If you trust in Him then don't split hairs.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Well that isnt what the Scriptures say. We must call on His Name, praise His Name, life up His Name, magnify it, testify to it, die for it. If it wasnt important, why then would it be said at least over 100 times we must Say His Name and proclaim it to the world? Im speaking of the Heavenly Father, Yahuwah.

Isaiah 52:6 KJV
6"Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I."

Psalms 9:10 The Scriptures "And those who know Your Name trust in You, For You have not forsaken those who seek You, O יהוה(Yahuwah)."

Psalms 83:16 The Scriptures "Fill their faces with shame, And let them seek Your Name, O יהוה(Yahuwah)"

Psalms 148:13 The Scriptures " Let them praise the Name of יהוה(Yahuwah), For His Name alone is exalted, His splendour is above the earth and heavens. "

Jeremiah 23:26-27 KJV
26How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;
27Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal. "

Do you not know that history repeats itself? The Christian church is repeating the days of old, calling on 'the Lord' which is actually Baal, thinking its the Heavenly Father's Name....bad mistake. Baal = Lord. Check the link.

www.blueletterbible.org...

"God' is not a name, and by using it and calling on it, you are calling upon a demonic spirit, not the spirit of the Heavenly Father. Gad is pronounced 'Gawd' and was used by the astrologers of Babel which they called upon Jupiter or Zeus. That name was also coupled with Baal Gad in Joshua 11:17, 12:7, and 13:5. This same name is used in ancient Germanic languages which is referenced in Isaiah 65:11 as the deity of fortune.

Don't you understand you are calling on fortune, luck, chance. Your not calling unto the creator, you calling onto demonic spirits. And if you read my post, Lucifers name in its short form is Luck. This is why many on that day will call onto the Master and will not be invited in because of their sinful acts not turning from their continuous blaspeming.

Matthew 7:21-23, KJV

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Why would the Messiah Yahuwshuwah say such a thing? Does this mean that there are many who are supposedly following the Messiah working lawlessness and iniquities? Yes, this is what im referring to. People living in sin, not being overcomers of it, blaspheming the Father's Name and Son's Name, bringing it to vain/naught or worthlessness, and claiming to be 'Saved'. If your still walking on this earth, you are not saved, until your inside the gates of the New Jerusalem or living in the New Kingdom in eternity.

And to make it worse, Jesus is a man made name. You calling on a name that is 400 years old. Jesus didnt do anything, hes only on paper. The real person is Yahuwshuwah, His Name stands forever! And the wicked scribes, scholars who changed the name in the Bible are the ones who are following in the footsteps of the Devil.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Oh there is power in a name and the name is Jesus. Look... God looks on your heart not who or what we are. He knows if I am praising him or calling him names. I trust His infinite wisdom to know the difference. If you trust in Him then don't split hairs.

Splitting hairs is what they do best!

I'm not a religionist, but there is seemingly a big movement today of "Judaizers", who would bring back Phariseeism full-force.

I notice some people picking up on the very Hebraic nuances, that tend to rear their head with these cults. Of course they want you to do it the old-fashioned way, you must "earn it".

I suppose some might wonder why someone who isn't religious even cares. Here's why everyone should care: This new trend toward Hebraicism is very likely being stoked by people who have something to gain. I said it before, how about the Mossad?

The "problem" with older, more traditional Christianity was that they used to recognize that they were fundamentally at odds with today's Pharasees. This being the case, Christians of yesteryear would never have thought to support things Jewish.

Yet, today, there is a huge resurgence in that direction, with the majority of "evangelicals" very supportive of Israel. These Judeo-Christians are being led by the nose by interests that have an agenda, and if they have their way, it won't be pretty for "christians" when it's over.

But Christians sending money to Israel, and supporting whatever they do, apparently isn't enough!

This new phase ups the ante. Fully Judaized "christians" seems to be the new goal. Soon, old-fashioned Christians will be an anachronism, and you better get with the program, stop calling him Jesus, his new name is Yeshuah, blah, blah, blah!

Frankly, this is something everyone should care about. It doesn't look like a positive trend.

JR

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

very nicely put.

God, or whatever you like to call him is already in your heart and he doesn't care in the least bit what you call him.
Only THAT you call him. Stop putting so much effort into interpreting a 2000 year old book, and just listen to what he tells you when you ask him. It's so painfully simple. No need for wars over who is right, no need for hatred or fear of other beliefs, just the straight forward love of God.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I have just started reading the OP and digesting what it says.

Great stuff so far, have starred & flagged.

Just leaving a post so I can come back and fully explore it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Jesus says to call God, our Father. because that is what He is.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I believe it has more to do with intent than whether we are saying the wrong name...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
So who have I been praying to and who should I be praying to? Sorry just to long to read.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

i've saved your threads 1st 2 pages to my computer for filing away as i i find it useful.

you are so close and so far away from the truth you seek, it's ridiculous

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
reply to post by smithjustinb

If its just a word, then call him Yahuwshuwah. But why wont anyone do that, they will call Him anything but the true name. It just proves there is power in the name.

How do you think magicians, sorcerers and witches call up and conjure demons? They have to call on specific names!! Of course the Name matters, would you like if someone changed your named without your permission to someone derogatory? I sure wouldnt.

S&F not from the premises you part from, of course, all this info of yours is of no use in terms of religion

to a cabbalist however...

oh and the Divinity does not use WORDS to communicate, but vibrations.
and that is why proper pronunciation is important. '
'

Originally posted by jagdflieger

Then salvation is no longer a gift - you have to earn it. This seems to make Paul a liar for in Ephesians he says it is a Gift from God and is unearned and cannot be earned by any works. Also we have in Romans:

(Rom 3:19) Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it speaketh to them that are under the law; that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may be brought under the judgment of God:
(Rom 3:20) because by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified in his sight; for through the law cometh the knowledge of sin.
(Rom 3:21) But now apart from the law a righteousness of God hath been manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
(Rom 3:22) even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ unto all them that believe; for there is no distinction;
(Rom 3:23) for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God;
(Rom 3:24) being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
(Rom 3:25) whom God set forth to be a propitiation, through faith, in his blood, to show his righteousness because of the passing over of the sins done aforetime, in the forbearance of God;
(Rom 3:26) for the showing, I say, of his righteousness at this present season: that he might himself be just, and the justifier of him that hath faith in Jesus.
(Rom 3:27) Where then is the glorying? It is excluded. By what manner of law? of works? Nay: but by a law of faith.
(Rom 3:28) We reckon therefore that a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

this is at the crux [pun intended] of the deception the OP speaks of
you are expected to believe in Jesus, but DO NOT live your life in the same manner that he lived his.

you don't need to do [or think, for that matter] anything, but believe what you're told.

that is the bottom line with paul the liar.

you see, when people back in saul's and constantine's day said they had had a vision,
what really happened was that they had had:

A Brilliant Idea.

(imagine light bulb turning on over somebody's head)

in saul's case, he realized that by persecuting Xtians he was persecuting Xist, that to destroy this movement.
he would have to infiltrate and subvert it from within. let's not forget he was a student of gamaliel, well known to kabbalists indeed, some self hypnosis/reprograming to induce blindness and shading the truth of his "vision" on the road to damascus

and he was in like flynn.

this is why you subscribe to [Pistis ]
when the Rebbe's teachings revolved around Gnosis

do please elaborate, or if you should post a thread on the subject, U2U me, as i find myself strangely offended
having been a judaic-heretic myself at the age of 8, atheism came at about twelve along with other experiences.
alas, all because i studied the bible and the torah too much.

oh, and OP's info does have it's uses by the by [and no religious belief required]

edit on 19-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & important additional comment

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

We should be praying to Yahuwah, that is the Name He has given us to use. And His son Yahuwshuwah the Messiah.

It says in John 5:43, that the Messiah has come in His Father's Name. The son has His Fathers' Name in it, as a sign of respect, and authority, and reverence. Literally means He has come in the same name and to proclaim His Father's Name to the world.

YAHUWAH = Means 'I am that I am', or 'I am He that exists' Exodus 3:13-16.

YAHU wshu WAH = means 'Yahuwah is Salvation'

Joh 5:43 “I have come in My Father’s Name and you do not receive Me"

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Well Yes you are right, Jesus is God, and Lord. Those are all pagan names passed down. I am not gonna argue with you , believe what you like.

But your heart will show if want to do it the right way. By calling upon the 1 only Name of the Father Yahuwah, and the one and Only Son Yahuwshuwah.

Your intent by your heart shows if you dont call on those names, you really dont care.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Okay so if you believe in yhwh but not that Jesus is his son . . . that means you believe you're inevitably cursed by the fall of man. So why do you continue to pray if there is supposedly no hope? Or do you build alters and sacrifice animals and live under the law of the old testament?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join