It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians: You know who you are praying to? Not who you think

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

agreed.
god sees inside the heart, and if truly have been going towards the light trying to follow the path if righteous truly in salvation and that god is the only one that can help me get there and then at the end come to find out that i get eternity in hell of fire and torture. . . . yea i dono man.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

yes the way i like to say it:

God is life, and life on this planet earth is known as water, water is two part hydrogen ( the Father and his only Son Jesus) and one part Oxygen or know as Ether ( The Holy Spirit )

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

yes in Jesus name that is.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
reply to post by Highlander64

I see you understand what I am getting at. I couldnt post all the verses I would have liked, as you see the post is already to long. Thanks for the understanding.

no need to thank me for understanding - this is important, and must be used in a holistic 'big picture' way

yes YHWH sees our hearts and can forgive our ignorance! - however now, dear fellow thread participants, we are not ignorant.............and we are on the path... I am still learning after nearly 30 years of reading the word

"he who did not know will be beaten with few stripes, he who did, with many" - Yahuwshuah said that somewhere..- or words to that effect

one of the biggest learnings for me in recent years is the power of the (correct) name

here's one for you - think about this... YHWH introduces himself to Mosheh as "YHWH Abraham Isaac Jakob" - part of the covenant in thos edays was taking part of the name of the one you covenant with - adding the H the abram, etc

imagine his name now when he has so many covenants lol

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Beloved Seektruthalways1, I commend your effort.

Now having said that, you need to know that the Father does not have a name: for It is the pure virginal Spirit from which the All came into being.

Secondly, the 666, is actually the double-logic of the evil one; it represents the three religions that stemmed from Abraham, Judaism, which first letter in Greek signifies the serpent on the pole; the second letter in Greek looks like multiple serpents, which signifies Christianity and its various denominations; and the third letter in Greek which looks like a single serpent, and S, signifying Islam: these are the three religions that have caused all the havock in the world, though the worst is yet to come.

You are a holographic program created within senses and illusions; and this might surprise you: and the reason it will is because that which you seek is within not without, but you keep looking without for it.

To understand these things, there is a thread entitled "Revelations: The seccret of life, as revealed to John by the Only-Begotten Light", follow the thread as the secrets are being unveiled, and you will come to realize the evil that begat and rules you through religion and the mercy of the Father through his Only-begotten Light that is in place to save you.

Peace be unto you!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The Angel of Sinai told Moses,
"At various times in the past,
I had gone by these different names
but now, am coming in my own name
but that name, I will not give because
I do not want it used for magic or
incantations, or for people using the name
thinking they can invoke me or
have power over me."

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
this is quite possibly one of the most important threads i have ever seen in ATS, had me read the whole thing. As a "Christian" so to call it, i could have fallen into this trap too. The points you make are very good. If you think about it, this makes so much sense and answers so many questions people are asking today, even here on ATS.

The concepts within the Bible are still real, just they are aimed at the opposite of what you think. Hence the telling people the good news, it is...but since the names have been changed your not saving people from heaven...you could be building Lucifer's army. In one of the passages in the bible it now says "I am the morning star" By Jesus, this has always been much debated. But kind of makes sense now that Jesus pretty much is...The Morning Star.
The thing about only a few reach heaven, 33% of the world Christian is not a few. Your right this should raise alarm bells. How can so many be "Christian" yet so few get in?

Also USA was founded by "Christians" so i have heard, well this would also explain the whole Celebrity, wars for money, "living the american dream" if its all for "fortune" as even said on the dollar bill. Is this just part of the promotional side of a "Christian nation" with lots of celebrities and big money, big houses and flash cars and movie/pop stars.
It could also explain why everyone is so against Israel, apart from Israel themselves, could it be the rest of the world has been decieved on that one too? RFID chips, your absolutely right Every Christian/non christian knows to look out for these, if so many people know about it how would the devil manage to decieve everyone into getting them into their hand/forearm. Is this just a deception too to make "christians" believe they are being wise.

I heard a while ago that Lucifer can only use what "God" has created, I guess he has...he has used God's word and changed it, he kept the concepts but changed the face of it. Now instead of everyone worshiping Him and doing what they should be doing for YHWH they are now worshiping Lucifer...world decieved, Lucifer's plan that everyone knew from the start = success. He is the master of lies afterall

Thank you for this thread, i will turn to a new trail of research through the information on this OP to verify alot of this for myself then take it from there spiritually. Very good work!
The first thing i will be trying to achieve is remembering the real name of YHWH and using this instead of the other.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Detrucci because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

okay yes the Scriptures say that: Revelations 12:9, KJV “And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.”
you see it says the whole world and yes if you look around the whole world is deceived but it does not say that ALL the people will be deceived only a hand full will still follow the truth.
if it is the way you say it is then you too are on the wrong path in your words that is.

so put your argument and ego to the side think out side the box listen to your self try to hear what your actually trying to say here that all will be sent to hell if they don't call upon YaHuWaH.

if you truly believe in the word of god then you have to accept every word in it. God said to pray onto him in the name of Jesus then that's what we have to do.

short testimony: i grew up in a strict christian family but went my own way in life and then came to God asking for help and like my mother always taught me that every time i pray to pray in the name of our Lord Jesus, so now in life when people ask me how do you know if God exist, i always tell them because he answers my prayers.

here are some very interesting videos i have that you should really look into if you are truly seeking the TRUTH. linked below please watch every one must watch.

sureynot.com... #1

#2 www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Detrucci

i will be trying to achieve is remembering the real name of YHWH and using this instead of the other.
If you want to find out what the Elohiym meant when he said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh", you should watch this video plus the part 2.

edit on 22-6-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
Thanks for your opinion... I'll still pray to God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit.
Thanks

I will pray for the fall of your ilk and all religious BULL# on this planet! The only way to "salvation" is the extinction of your kind!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Durchlaucht

I will pray for the fall of your ilk and all religious BULL# on this planet! The only way to "salvation" is the extinction of your kind!
You sound like a supremacist, as in what the Nazi's were. Stamp out all who do not conform. How is that better than the dominant religious institution of the Middle Ages?
Going back to pre-Christian manners is no solution. Remember it was the Jews who murdered Christ. Christianity was brought forward to replace Judaism, who's time had passed. Along with their nationalistic religion, also went their national god, which was a lesser god, known as the Elohiym.
We now are under the universal God, who is the great God, the Father of Christ, since he did this work here, as one of us, to allow all the people of Earth to be ruled in this new manner, where formerly we were under demigods who chose a nation to be dominant over others. We do not need to fight for a national god any longer. We have the ability to all be brothers, united as adopted sons and daughters of God, through our Lord Jesus.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

You sound like a supremacist, as in what the Nazi's were. Stamp out all who do not conform. How is that better than the dominant religious institution of the Middle Ages?
Going back to pre-Christian manners is no solution. Remember it was the Jews who murdered Christ. Christianity was brought forward to replace Judaism, who's time had passed. Along with their nationalistic religion, also went their national god, which was a lesser god, known as the Elohiym.
We now are under the universal God, who is the great God, the Father of Christ, since he did this work here, as one of us, to allow all the people of Earth to be ruled in this new manner, where formerly we were under demigods who chose a nation to be dominant over others. We do not need to fight for a national god any longer. We have the ability to all be brothers, united as adopted sons and daughters of God, through our Lord Jesus.

My previous statement stands for you as well! If your "chrisitnaity" replaced the jewish faith, then it stands to reason that a better way will one day (I wish) take place of your beliefe system. A system that treats all man as equals. Your religion is the worst thing to ever happen to this planet!!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

And i pray for the people to use their brain and refrain from such statements. I am sure there are other ways to formulate your statement.

Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seed76

And i pray for the people to use their brain and refrain from such statements. I am sure there are other ways to formulate your statement.

Peace

I use my brain quite well, thank you. My statement is very valid.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Your religion is the worst thing to ever happen to this planet!!
I though maybe you had a suggestion for a good alternative, such as maybe a type of hybrid religion that takes some of the best features of both religions.
My mistake, I guess you were just expressing a hatred for all religion.
I would not have gotten into that big argument, if you would have been clear about what you were getting at.
I sort of assumed that you were showing support for some of these ideas expressed in this thread, since you were commenting on this thread.
Again, my mistake, you just don't like people who expresses a reverence for God.
Am I wrong?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

how about we skip the religion bit and concentrate on getting the good stuff from the Source?

YHVH all the way eh?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

. . .skip the religion bit . . .
Do you even have any idea what you are talking about?
This name you are evoking is the author of the most stringent religion ever devised.
Imagining you are going to experience some sort of freedom through that name is delusional.
Jesus had to die to free us from that system, and you want to go back to it?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I have to agree with your opinion of Paul. I've found he contradicts Yeshua on multiple points. For one, Yeshua never mentions the word "grace" but it's found everywhere in Paul's doctrine. When asked what are the most important commandments, Yashua states we are to love YHWH with our whole hearts and second, we are to love our neighbor as ourselves (Matt22). Paul omits the first part of this completely when asked the same question(Romans13). Paul states we are forgiven our sins by the blood of Yashua (grace)Eph.1. Yashua states we are forgiven in the same measure that we will forgive others (Matthew 6). The list goes on and on. The reason we have so many different denominations and clergy is due to Paul's advocating the need for many leaders in the church(1Cor12,Eph4,1Timothy2,2Timothy1). Yashua, on the other hand, states that if anyone wants to be the leader or big cheese, they are to be put last(Mat.23,John10,Mark10-41-45). Yashua taught humility, Paul taught pride and glorified himself.

As for the OP, what are your thoughts on saying "Amen" at the end of every prayer? I've seen a few different explanations of this ranging from the word being an invocation of Amen Ra to it simply meaning "I pray this because I mean it". Personally, I just substitute the word "amen" to "I pray this because I mean it".

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

the bible nowadays is a retranslation, its old outdated, probably mistranslated. i respect ppls faith but find it hard to believe the things ppl tell me are fact and or gonna happen. we live in a manifistation of god imo and to quote a great man "science will one day prove what mystics have been saying for a millenia" black elk

i believe in god, i also think science has become its own religion which ppl cling to athiesm and now we have the whole battle between intelligent design and evolution. the thing is i dont think either contridicts one another its radical religions and ppl that cling to evolution and cant comprehend intelligent design.

even science has proved that energy can never be destroyed
can you think of nothingness? (is that a word ? ;p)
history is recorded and its not what we have been taught in school
i think we are in a transitional phase and "religions are changing"

having said that i agree with the misconceptions of translation, i feel im outta my league here as a new member to ATS but just wanted chime in

i just notice everyone quoting the bible and i think jesus was and enlightend being, could he be an annunakki? sure i guess i just dont believe in the vengefull god, i mean is god that insecure? i think this is hell or purgatory and its up to us to get out period!

god bless yall here on this site we gotta lot to talk about

edit on 25-6-2011 by sangha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
COINTELPRO: Mind control and Conspiracy Forums like ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join