It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reoccuring Dream I Keep Having

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hey fellow ATSers this is my first thread so forgive me for any mistakes and mods if this is in the wrong spot please move it.

To start of with i have asked people about reoccuring dream and the general feeling i get from my freinds and family is that i am a rareity. Although my mother thinks its a past life of mine any way back to it .
picture a man on a white horse wearing plate armour helmet and all the trimmings of a roman officer with a strange saddle that has no pommel and is basicly a padded leather mat that goes on the horses back this is me in my dream .I am at the head of a couple of hundred men all in roman armour with shield that are not like the hollywood square ones but oval in shape and coulored black and bronze. there are 2 men on horses next to me in similar atire as my self they are chatting with me about supplys and men unfit for combat thats all i can clearly remember talking about ( there is more but thats all i can be sure of every time i dream it ) . the wierd thing is that i can hear them talking and know what they are saying but i dont recognise the language ( not english ). this goes on for a bit then things get scary we are in a forrest dark and forboding even in the middle of the day trees of huge size and all different types and almost inpenatrable on the sides of the road . in the space of a couple of second all hell breaks loose and men start falling shrieking in agony arrows and stones , spears with iron tips start pewing out of the forrest with frightening intensity i turn to the man to my right and scream at him to try and make it back home for help at that moment men with huge swords and white / brown tunics and huge black beards no shields come charging out of the forrest on both sides arrows and other missiles are still spewing out of the forrest and my men are dying and fleeing all around me thats when the i cop it arrows slam into my horse he falters and i get one in the right leg pinning me to my horse i am in agony as my horse falls a man shreiking and allready severely wounded shoves a spear under my armour and into my chest i can fell the fire as it spears my heart . bang then i wake up and the scariest thing is i can feel an ache where the spear and arrow got me for a minute or two

Well thats it just want to get some feed back anh maybey find others with the same strange thing

cheers
edit on 19/6/2011 by Sauron because: Replaced all caps in title to lowercase

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Awsome dream, Well my reocurring dreams are dealing with fear, over and over until i got what it was telling or finally at one point i didnt respond in fear in the dream, then i got the rest of the dream, which gave me the answer.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing . I have always been interested in the dream world. Have had reoccurring dreams before in the past but not lately: They sure can have a psychological effect on you, which prompts one to search out matters,huh!

I do not believe in past lives but I do feel there are other ''spirits'' out there that can deceive one into believing this - because they have been around a while and know the things that we wouldn't know. So be careful with that.
Sometimes, dreams are just dreams, but other times there are premonitions, and or meanings, etc. that we are to get from them which aids us in our journey.

Wish I had some answers for you. Whatever the dream, I believe, God uses them to prepare us for what's to come.. so we can deal emotionally, or use better caution to prevent us from being in harms way.

Thanks again for sharing. May you find all the answers you are seeking!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well yeah I agree with Maarhuis, I had a recurring dream once, it was horrifying. It went something like this,

Its in a dryed up forest, like all the trees have lost their leaves. and the whole scene was in Sepia tone. there is a straight path in front of me with these dryed up trees on either side. I start walking on the path. As I am walking I hear a cry of help, and I look around for who is calling for help. Then I see this guy laying on the side of the road with a metal armor on him. He is holding on to a chest. I pull him off the chest and I try to help him. His armor is like blazing hot, like there is heat distortion on it. He is totally sweaty. So I decide I should remove his armor so that he feels better, so I starts pulling off his chest armor and his skin starts peeling off with it... and at this point I wake up totally in sweat.

This happened to me for at least a week continuously. Then one day when I went to sleep I started having the same dream again and I am walking down the road and I hear the cry for help, here I realize wait, I know how this is going to end, and I know I can't do anything to save him. So I ignore the cry for help and I just think that I am walking ahead and I do start walking ahead. I could hear the cry for help diminishing in the background and then suddenly the most beautiful thing occurred. The whole scene transformed into full color. The ground was covered in cool, nice flowers, the trees were lush green and the sky was blue... I still haven't figured out what was the meaning of it, but at least the dreadful dream is gone...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by romanis

Dreams of past lifes or other times can feel very real. It may of been a past life experiece. I noticed a burning feeling as well in dreams while I was being injured but after waking up is different. The feeling only exisits within the dream for myself. Do you have any markings or moles or scars over those areas you were speared or got shot with an arrow? if so it would re-enforce the past life theory. I once had a (battle/slaughter) of a past life/other world. Its a very interesting dream world and if it troubles you. You may need some past life therapy from a professional. There are many spiritual guides that can help you can also look inward for the answers.

Just surprised at how much you feel the dream. Doesn't make the pain any less real eh. Hurts like its fresh. Learn what you can from the dream but if it doesn't go away and you want it to go seek help or seek the inner meaning of this. I could see why your soul might not be able to get over such a event.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have moved eight times in 9 years, and I have a recurring dream where I am in a house made up of parts of past houses, and the house isn't big enough, and I find a secret door that leads to a whole new section of house. It's usually completely ramshackle and needs many repairs.

My dream means to me that my brain needs a way to sort out the stress of moving. Your dream means... whatever it means to you. I don't think there's a deeper meaning except your mind is working something out for itself on another level.

Maybe you're just watching/reading too many weird things and stressing yourself out.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
All I know is that a couple of days ago I read about the Germans, or Germanic folk being the only ones able to kick the sh!t out of the Romans...that kinda stayed in my mind as " interesting "...and now you have this weird story about being a Roman in a horse and bearded guys attacking you...oO

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Our dreams are there to teach us some lessons. Learn what lesson you can learn from your dream. Do you know that you can control your dream? You can be successful in your dream instead of being defeated and killed. Next time you dream the same setting, change the outcome of your dream. You can do it if you remove fear in the equation.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
My feedback/ translation of your nightmare would go something like this,

Theory 1: Past - life :

This is a tale that has happened in the past with you(the soul) and is hidden from others like as you mentioned it was dark forest and everyone died. So I would suggest one thing is research about the things you saw like the saddle for example check images of roman horsemen. or may be if you remember faces of the Romans beside you the two men sitting on a horse. Try searching for those and check their leader. If the guy, exists then search for what happened to him and what was the reason for it.

Theory 2: Overall Meaning :

Basically I would say the dream is about how you train people or like recruit people, or may be like help someone with their stuff. It is insufficient for their success (battle). And even if your friends are telling you about it you might not have understood them properly. And still you are planning to take them on that path to their failure as well as yours.

Theory 3: Little Things :

You have a roman armor - that means you might be doing something that has had previous success. Something that others have done and succeeded in doing it.

You have a saddle without a pommel - that means you might be proud/egoistic leader, who doesn't need a pommel to be safe.

2 men talking to you in a language you don't know still you understand them - that means that you might not be getting the right message from them. They might be telling you one thing and you might be understanding the other.

Riding in a dark gloomy forest - you might be entering into an unknown place without any idea of what is there.

You are attacked by arrows from all sides - You might be receiving a lot of tension.

You tell your colleague to go back and get some help - You might realize the intensity of the situation.

You get ambushed from all sides - that means you might realize too late. to act on it.

Your horse and you get hit with an arrow and you are pinned to the horse - that means, that you might go down with the thing that you were doing. Like you won't be able to push the failure on any body/company.

When you fall someone pierces a spear into your heart - it will get worse than that you had expected. The failure would be devastating.

This is my translation. I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
First your interpretation of shields is incorrect. Mounted Romans used an oval shield, I just goggled it. They were decorated in bronze over leather with the background up for grabs I suppose.

My take is, you are remembering a past life in which you died. I constantly woke as a little child, remembering falling down next to a hedge row of trees, with a machine gun strafing the area from the opposite row of trees. I was very frustrated as I remember the bullets striking me and I wanted to yell out, stop, I am dead, but I had not left my body yet. The memories were too detailed for my status as a starving neglected orphan of the time, 1940's. Research the era you are referring to, it will be interesting.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
thanks for the input guysiwill endevour to reply to all posts but as i am on my gfs pc i just depends when i can get the time
first off about scars or markings there is nothingnon my leg from where i got stung with the arrow but there are 2 freckles like a snake bite where the spear entered my chest just inbetween the second last ans last rib on my left side which i have never noticed untill you just asked ( freaky) as for researching and the germans being the only people to kick the crap out of the romans i have looked at that and its true as far as i can tell there were a few instances of romans getting trounced hard by " primative" germaninc tribe that came together as one bt nothing solid about what they wore or weapons they used ( im still resaerching ill get back with more detail on that one) and yes i have thought about regression therapy but im kinda weary of having some dude wandering around in my skull
and thanks heaps for the dream interpretation some of that acctualy has meaning in my life right now but i have been having this dream on and off for about 4 years now allways the same so time will tell im still partial to the past life theory but open to any ideas

thanks heaps guys fill keep you posted and hopefully i can get more info from you nice chaps

cheers

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
also thank you mods for moving me to the right spot i suppose i should have checked a bit more fisrt

my mistake i shall try and make sure i dont do it too often

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Past life memory for sure. Ask yourself why you were shown and try interpret the best you can. Enjoy the ride.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Sounds a lot like this show about ancient battles I saw on the History Channel... Sometimes when people watch a lot of shows, they dream about them.

You might find this interesting:

The example of the battle I can find on YouTube has the narration in German, but I'm pretty sure it's the same reenactment I saw parts of narrated in English.

Does any of that seem familiar?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This post send chills through my spine. As a kid (7 yrs) I clearly remember having the same nightmare. Except I was me (a small kid) and I spoke my own language. It was the very first nightmare I ever had. Strange thing is the spot where the arrow hit me also hurted I can still feel it. In the week after I fell of my bike on a small stone on the same spot on my body which has left a scar. Im wondering if this dream was induced by a show on tv which clearly I shouldnt have seen at that age

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zoooom

i doubt it was a show i have been having this dream for a few years now and my interest in ancient romans has only come about because of this dream before that i never paid attention to them in the slightest i thought they were boring then i had the dream for the first time and i told my mother and she told me to look it up now i tend to think they are awsome

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by romanis

I agree with looking it up, even if you go to a library or book store, like chapters in Canada. Where you can look at their books even if you don't buy them. Like looking for dream symbol books and maybe writing down examples of what it could mean from different sources. See if any experienced spiritual people have any free advice or can point you in a better direction. It really seems like something you need to discover.

After 2 years of the same dream and being hurt repeatedly I'd want to find out a solution if not a reason to why I keep seeing the same thing. Keep strong and keep searching for the truth.

top topics

join