It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From an Atheist to a Believer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
fnuffillyfnny

enjoy the club EpochIX

maybe you'll find a way of playing your instrument again with other values. You'll surely find something.

Did you experience your interaction with others have changed?
edit on 2011/6/19 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

Well, I believe that was the curse that came with this blessing. Since this has started, I can not count how many people have disappeared from my life..

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Your world has changed now because of what you experienced.

you'll be a good boy!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I fail to see what happened to you has to do with christianity. I am not an atheist. I firmly believe in god, but I find it ridiculous that you equate having a spiritual experience to suddenly becoming a christian and believing in jesus. Despite what some people here want you to believe, not all spiritual experiences have something to do with christianity. And before going down the path you're going down, you need to stop and think. Are you SURE it was christ next to you? Are you SURE that christ caused that spiritual experience?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

with the faith he has now you won't be able to pull him of the road.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

A very weak faith most likely, if all it took to get this "faith" was one spiritual experience.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

ah, don't be jealous

see what is awaiting you.

ofcourse you're happy now.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Something is awaiting me? And how do YOU know if I'm happy or not?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
this is an excellent example God searches his children. He has found you EpochIX. woehoe!!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CRDDD
I'm sorry, but I fail to see what happened to you has to do with christianity. I am not an atheist. I firmly believe in god, but I find it ridiculous that you equate having a spiritual experience to suddenly becoming a christian and believing in jesus. Despite what some people here want you to believe, not all spiritual experiences have something to do with christianity. And before going down the path you're going down, you need to stop and think. Are you SURE it was christ next to you? Are you SURE that christ caused that spiritual experience?

Totally agree. I tried to present the most general definition of our faith just so we could all have some basis on which to call something Christianity, but it was met with howls of protest. Everybody wants Christianity to be the catch-all religion that means whatever they want.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Phoenix rises from the ashes, leave the past behind. Those who took my lust for life are buried in my mind. Smell the air feel the breeze, a new wind is blowing. Hear the sound of victory, the repressed are awaking.
Lifting the ban - that made me change for the worse. I finaly escaped - from this curse. A new breed of hope - is what they have to cope. Feel the strenght - 'till the better end.
Dogs are barking in my face so they're not able to bite. Pointing at mistakes of my past, I'm focused on what's yet to come. Anger and distortion, my fuel for life, my engin is turning like never before.
As the last silence is broken Lifting the ban...

More lyrics: www.lyricsmania.com...
All about Congress: www.musictory.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CRDDD

I never said I was a christian, my friend. I don't follow any religion in particular as each and every doctrine has something beautiful to teach. I can't say it was Christ but I know it was definitely a higher power (which has many, many names mind you which could be God, Yahweh, etc.) And it isn't simply one spiritual experience, it enveloped itself entirely around every aspect of my life. At first, I did not believe it but when coincidences start to stack up by the pound every day, I know for certain that it's something beyond the human consciousness sending me these messages.

So like I said, I never said I was a Christian. I only said I was once an athiest but that is now a thing of the past. I appreciate most theologies and I definitely hold it in high regards among others as it helped me to embrace the things that were going on.

And thank you, Etherical Waterwave, your messages are very uplifting

edit on 20-6-2011 by EpochIX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

edit on 2011/6/20 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CRDDD

A very weak faith most likely, if all it took to get this "faith" was one spiritual experience.

Woah, a very weak faith? Yes, I do have weak faith in most of the world at hand but certainly not in my beliefs. And it wasn't one spiritual experience. It was what I'd call a spiritual marathon.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
pooh, life is great isn't it.

what will now come from around the corner again. Do you like hardcoremusic EpochIX? to me it's fingerlicking. Full of life. I can't wait for my next experience on a concert. Better look out for one soon cause it's itchin!!

the bible is a nice collection of books ...ain't it. Saturation your mind and body to become a perfect man. Perfect knowledge. The perfect insight. I really like reading it.

BRAINFOODmunchies.

I haven't checked where you're from EpochIX.

Here in belgium the weather ain't all that bad. We had the hottest month may in ages. only 6 liters of rain that month per square meter.

so...

anyway, good luck with what you do boy, you deserve it!!

Let me know where you're from. Ryker's is a fine HC-band to. You can find them on youtube too but I encourage bying the CD's. Blaaaaaaaaaaaah

I want to give ya a hug. so..., there you had it.

sleep tight..my ..friend.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
pooh, life is great isn't it.

what will now come from around the corner again. Do you like hardcoremusic EpochIX? to me it's fingerlicking. Full of life. I can't wait for my next experience on a concert. Better look out for one soon cause it's itchin!!

the bible is a nice collection of books ...ain't it. Saturation your mind and body to become a perfect man. Perfect knowledge. The perfect insight. I really like reading it.

BRAINFOODmunchies.

I haven't checked where you're from EpochIX.

Here in belgium the weather ain't all that bad. We had the hottest month may in ages. only 6 liters of rain that month per square meter.

so...

anyway, good luck with what you do boy, you deserve it!!

Let me know where you're from. Ryker's is a fine HC-band to. You can find them on youtube too but I encourage bying the CD's. Blaaaaaaaaaaaah

I want to give ya a hug. so..., there you had it.

sleep tight..my ..friend.

I'm not trying to be off topic but that's very ironic. The only music I've ever played is hardcore and acoustic. I used to do the lead vocals and screaming! Message me and we'll talk more, bud!

And thanks for everyone who responded. You have all helped me embrace these things tighter than before. How am I supposed to respond if He is reaching for me, though? For years I had purpose but I didn't feel fulfilled, I felt like this life would be wasted if I didn't find what it is I'm searching for. Ever since this energy, this newfound spirit, has taken hold of me, I feel alive more than ever.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EpochIX
How am I supposed to respond if He is reaching for me, though? For years I had purpose but I didn't feel fulfilled, I felt like this life would be wasted if I didn't find what it is I'm searching for. Ever since this energy, this newfound spirit, has taken hold of me, I feel alive more than ever.

Personally, I respond to God with ordinary thoughts in his direction. I talk to him there as I'd talk to anyone else, any time. Though his responses are, for now, either in the Bible or an indescribable understanding, the time will come when we speak to him face to face-- if we have accepted Jesus as Savior. And that is done the same way: talking to God in your mind, telling him you want to be reconciled through faith in Jesus.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EpochIX

Have you yet tried my advice from page one?

Ask the Father to reveal to you the reason He is calling you to duty.

He will respond to an earnest prayer.

He is reaching out to you for a special dynamic purpose!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What do you mean a special dynamic purpose?

And yes, I did meditate and search for the answer but I once again felt like I was being told to wait. I'm going to keep following it till it is revealed to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EpochIX
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What do you mean a special dynamic purpose?

I mean exactly that, you, I, all of us were created for a specific purpose. Once you get that revealed to you your life will be transformed fundamentally forever.

And yes, I did meditate and search for the answer but I once again felt like I was being told to wait. I'm going to keep following it till it is revealed to me.

He's reaching out to you, many millions of people long to have a personal, audible experience like you had with the Lord. He has an enormous purpose for you.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth
Christians hold that the Bible teaches that God reaches out to everyone, but that not everyone responds positively. I think that what you experienced is that "gentle whisper" or nudge, and it's encouraging to know you noticed and responded positively. But there is a reason the Bible also tells believers to spread the gospel, because "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God".

So here's the most simple way I can express the gospel: God wants mankind to be on good terms with him as they once were. For many reasons that can be explained later, that reconciliation started with Jesus, a "person" or "center of consciousness" of God, became human and sacrificed himself for us all. He didn't stay dead though, and rose from the grave in an immortal body after three days. But it takes two to reconcile, meaning though God has reached out his hand to you, it's up to you to decide whether to reach back and accept the offer. It cost Jesus everything but it costs you nothing; it's a gift so it can't be earned or worked for.

If you want to be reconciled to God, you need to believe these things about Jesus. If you do, just tell him so in your mind (or out loud if you prefer, it doesn't matter), and it's a done deal. Seriously, that's it. Of course I also highly recommend hanging out with other believers if you do, and reading the Bible. I just posted a thread about a great resource site for all the questions and objections people raise about the faith.

Hope that helps!

This is true too. I had many experiences in my life guiding me towrds Christianity, but I hardened my heart and explained it away. Then came a time where I absolutely had to know and I begged and recieved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join