It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bahrain Uprising

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hi, I'm from Bahrain, I created this thread to share the information I have on the situation in Bahrain, as well as get expert opinion on the situation, as well as discuss the situation with everyone.

a little history, in 1979, Al Khalifa Family moved to Bahrain, they were originally from Kuwait, in 1820, The Al Khalifas gained power, & entered a treaty relationship with Britain, & they were then named The Rulers of Bahrain,

1990s Uprising:

the Uprising in the 90s was between 1994 & 1999, the goal was for democratic changes, as it was the first movement in the Arab World where Leftists, Liberals, & Islamists worked together.

the main objective of the uprising was the reinstatement of the 1973 constitution, as well as freedom of speech & respecting the human rights in Bahrain.

The Uprising ended after Hamad bin Isa became the Emir of Bahrain (later, King) following his father's death, when he promised reforms, including a new constitution.

2011 Uprising:

detailed information of the uprising can be found here:
en.wikipedia.org...

pictures from the uprising:

Videos:

a piece by CNN reporter Amber Lyon on the situation in Bahrain:

another piece by Amber Lyon:

The government dismissing Editor-in-Chief of the only Independent Bahrain newspaper "Al Wasat":
www.dailymotion.com...

basically, the media is state-run, anybody who speaks against the government will be beaten/arrested/killed.

I tried not to make my post too long, but I will update everyone with the situation daily.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AKABH

Sweet post! I loom forward to watching the videos. And please keep us informed

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wow, that picture showing all the tents looks real pretty. Like a huge funfair, all the bright lights and rides.
I bet there was a great atmoshphere, a moment to write about in history I think. Did you go to it?
I think there should be more uprisings all around the world so we can all get a chance to go and pitch our tents up.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GaddaffiDuck

yeah, me & probably everyone in Bahrain was there, it was a very fun experience before the government decided to massacre the people. there was food, there was mike time, people shared their views, people read poetry...etc, gatherings now are more of "quickies" where the whole protests go by very quickly to avoid being arrested/beaten/killed.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thats an horrible thing for a King to do to his people. No wise leader should do such a thing. Is that what caused the uprising? Sometimes I guess it only takes one more straw to break the camels back. This is an old piece of wisdom, I hope it makes sense. Peace.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

the uprisings were for a new constitution, equality, free speech...etc, The King decided he doesn't want THAT, so he decided to kill those people, frame them, torture them...etc.
he had nothing to lose, nobody spoke firmly against him & his ways.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AKABH

What I dont get is, why bother framing people when you can just go ahead and kill them? Everyone must know that they have been fitted up, so why go to all the bother? No need to find an excuse really if the King already has absolute power. Stalin didnt need to frame people, he just killed them, same with Hitler, Polpot and loads of other dictators. Thats what I dont get anyway.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

when they started killing people without bothering framing anybody, the only independent newspaper in the country "Al Wasat" started talking about how relentless & brutal the government is, external media caught up, & the government was heavily criticized, of course the government then framed the Editor-in-Chief of that newspaper, he was then dismissed, & now the newspaper is run by the government as well.

I guess the King just cares about his image, & he probably doesn't want to end up like Hosni Mubarak, people aren't stupid anyway, & various Human Rights organizations know that people were being arrested for bogus charges.

recently, The King decided to sue Robert Fisk, a reporter from the UK, for expressing his opinion, I don't think they have a case at all.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
this is the article "Rebort Fisk" is being sued for:
www.independent.co.uk... es-2297100.html

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I wish that all human beings that are not in control of the big picture. Black and White, yellow and red skin. All religions for once stand worldwide as one.

Much love to you and survive this awful time you have there right now

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

that is my wish, & the wish of everyone participating in those protests, thanks for the support.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AKABH

Believe me I cry every day for this wish. It still seems so far away..

Sometimes I wish I had superpowers, then I would clean the earth. But we are all the same, must find our collective strength in there.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

one day, just one day it may happen, & I hope I'll be alive to see it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
the government claims the movement is secterian, religious...etc, this video is a proof that it isn't.

actually, I AM a proof that it isn't, since I'm not even Muslim.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I've been reading you updates through out: Although as of this time I have no information to add or no comment to make(I have made many others in other threads regarding Bahrain), I just want to say thankyou for informing us personally with what you have seen and heard. The more context we have the easier it will be for us to understand this anti-government protest.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

my goal was to let everyone know of the situation in Bahrain, so I guess I succeeded?

I'll provide more information daily, things have been up & down this month, & good thing there's a thing called blackberry, it makes it easier to provide updates.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Int. lawyers to sue UK over Bahrain crackdown:
www.tehrantimes.com...

Bahrain: Ex-editors reject allegations in court:
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Bahrain group prepares for dialogue:
www.tradearabia.com...

Bahraini Crown Prince Calls for Positive Participation During National Dialogue:
www.sacbee.com...

I have a feeling there's a big ploy here, why is there a sudden need for Dialog? did SA suddenly decide not to get involved? was there any behind-the-scenes pressure?

I don't think there will be any agreement anyway, because people want the Ruling family to have less power, or just leave, I don't think they're ready to NOT have absolute power.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AKABH

I hope I can see all the Arab and Muslim nations united and moving against TPTB and it's mercenaries.

peace.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AKABH

Be aware. If you win this battle , you should be ready for the greatest war. TPTB will start to attack on your hearts and disappoint you about what you have done.

Be sure that god will support every one who is calling him and trusting in him.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join