It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Homeowner Shoots It Out with Intruders: (Are you prepare & willing like this guy?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf030bebee81.png[/atsimg]

A Rancho Cordova mother and her 1-year-old son narrowly escaped grave harm after a hail of shots erupted as the child's father exchanged gunfire, apparently trying to protect his home and family from one attacker, and possibly two.

The 3 a.m. Thursday exchange of at least six shots on the 9900 block of Palm Grove Drive left at least two men suffering gunshot wounds – one potentially life-threatening, authorities said. A third man, who sought medical attention for a gunshot wound to the leg, is also believed to be involved.

With her toddler in the SUV, the woman, 28, arrived home around 3 a.m., Ramos said. She pulled her vehicle into the garage. The Sheriff's Department working narrative describes what happened next: A man or men were either lying in wait within or followed the woman into the opened garage. She was then struck in the head with an unknown object. The child's father emerged from the house, shooting one or two assailants in the garage. The woman got back into the SUV and drove off, busting though the partially closed garage door. The male homeowner, suffering a gunshot wound to the hip, called 911.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2de1e6954bb6.jpg[/atsimg]

When squad cars arrived, they found a battered garage door, the injured homeowner, an unknown man shot in the head and two handguns. But the authorities have reason to believe that the second man, who sought care at a north area hospital, was also there. A third handgun was found outside the home.

Source: www.sacbee.com...
(be sure to read the main article for all the details!)

What the hell. Our country (USA) is so messed up now. You aren't safe in your own home. Well, unless you protect yourself WELL. Even then, just getting away with your life maybe be a fight on it's own-Like this guy.

I can see it now. She's driving home, calls the hubby up to tell him she and the kid will be home shortly etc... sunny day, things all going well... And Bam... Mr. Numb Nuts and company decide to take out your family-for whatever reason.

And, if this story isn't enough to convince you, or the 100+ before, let me tell you, WAKE UP.

What got me going on this mostly was the Petit family home invasion/murders:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ace91182c13.jpg[/atsimg]
www.nytimes.com...

Ever since then I have stepped up my home security. Recently moving to a better area, more rural and less accessable from the main roadways etc. Got the wife carrying a weapon-sometimes and now the oldest boy got his first weapon.

I know it may not help depending on the situation but I would rather have a chance to get my hands on my own weapons instead on them not being there at all. OR waiting for the police to show up. In my case, the nearest cop is about 1/2 away---on a good day. So, you are left fending for yourselves.

This guy in the story did it. There maybe be more to the story in CA but whatever, don't attack someone's home-Period. With the way it now a days, you better have your A GAME on all the time.

So, mark one up for the Good Guys. You know the media doesn't report these like they should. These accounts should be held up as Great Examples of how to protect yourself, family and property.

If you live in the USA, you have the right to own and carry. If you don't, that is your choice but I can tell you this:
You are the only one that can best protect yourself all the 100% time. Don't be a victim in wait, do something.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc5f7c8940d3.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 6/18/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Great story on such a horrible topic!

We recently have had a rash of home invasions in my area. Luckily, I live in such a spot where you would have to be completely dumb to invade my home. Plus I have taken steps to ensure security.

One of the most important things I did was to mentally prepare my wife for such an incident as described in the OP. She's ready........but are the invaders?

By the way, get a dog!
edit on 18-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I agree with the dog. Mid-size or larger is a great deterrent. Add that to every day carry of a firearm with which you practice consistently. You might want to consider martial arts training for close quarters encounters.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I've had to protect my home from intruders before. Good for him, too bad he didn't get all of them.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Nothing says stay the *snip* out of my house like a semi auto shotgun with an extended buffer tube sporting staggered buckshot/slugs. Should that not be sufficient, the AR-10 with a 20 round mag of steel core ammo gets to say hi.

Once my perimeter alarm goes off, I'm in body armor and ready while the dipshiz who set off the alarm thinks they're sneaking up. Unfortunately the semi-auto shotgun doesn't have that uber recognized pump sound to let said intruder know they're now in their death zone. They'll get the hint when the slug hits them center of mass, rest assured.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on Sat Jun 18 2011 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Please tell us if you can. I would love to hear your experience.

Makes me/us feel good.

I never had my personal home but in college, my fraternity was attacked a few times-some got in... hehehehe.

That's where it got real ugly.

One time I was sitting out on the front porch around 2:00 am and way down two streets away, out of shadows & under the street lights I see about 15 males heading my way. And then I see extended arms- meaning bats/clubs most likely.

I was in an altered state but I was able to raise the alarm and 35 of us were at the ready but the time it was all said and done. It wasn't a pretty site for them. Ended up being townies pissed off cause one of their buddies got beat up somewhere by another fraternity and they thought it was us. Mistake. Anyway.

My next investment is cameras. Both wired and wireless. Got two dogs just itching for someone to approach. I have a my stuff and my neighbor is law enforcment also--- we got it worked out.

You just never know but you have to at least admit that it is a possibility.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
We had a home invasion when I was with my ex a couple years ago. Didnt have to fire a shot. They both ran. Samual Jackon is right. AK47, when you need to be clear about the topic. The experience probably shave a few weeks off your lifespan. Unlike combat, being caught unaware in your own home when not prepared throws confusion into the mix.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Great story.

California has ridiculous that "Must Flee if Possible Law".

I will take my chances with a jury on that one.

I have had cameras in and around my home for many years.

I have to tell you, it could be a huge advantage in the right circumstances.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Having your home invaded like that has got to be one of the most brazen crimes there is. Myself i've got a big chain link fenced yard with two big pitbulls. The pitbulls tolerance for pain is legendary and when they start attacking nothing short of killing them will get them to stop. They are a great deterant and i do sleep better knowing there out there.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
our home was broken into about 4 years ago, and my GF, and our two daughters were held at gunpoint while he robbed the place, and of all the times it happened, I had just started a new job, and was working my second night. My children are 7 now, and still have nightmares, and ask if a bad guy could still break in. I have had a permit to carry handguns for almost 7 years now, and ever since that night, I don't even wash the dishes in my house without being armed. I am armed 24/7 around my house, because you just never know what or when something will happen. If it ever happens again, no questions, just dirt naps, period. I am sick of people being victimized by thugs. Trust me, if I had no tie downs, or anyone in my life, it would be the "Boondock Saints" lifestyle for me. I swear to God, the next Frank Castle in the making. It's a shame that this guy had to use his weapon on someone in the first place, but on the other hand I'm smiling ear to ear hearing that these guys got somewhat what was coming to them. The only way things could have been better is if they were kill shots, and the homeowner never got hit.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If you live in a community where a lot of people are "Second Amendment Types," there tend to be fewer home invasions. Why is that?

"That's what I like about Texas"

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Never had my home invaded...first line of defense is outer perimeter motion lights,second-security system self designed(dont trust adt or the likes)3rd-South African Boerboel( the best guard dog there is...period)4th-firearms in a well trained operator.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This right here is why I believe in the fundamental right to keep and bear arms. The world is not a rosy place. There are people out there who victimize other for the sake of it.

I feel terribly for the sorry bastard(s) that try this in my home where my wife and I are both armed and very proficient.
edit on 18-6-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6
IMHO

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

If you insist

I've had to defend myself twice, in my state at least it's illegal to shoot a person if they're running away, so I haven't gotten to tag anyone in my home.

The first time, the intruder had no firearm. I think he must have thought no one was home because I scared the crap out of him and he ran as fast as he could. The police were called afterwards, but of course, the punk was long gone.

The second time, I was laying in bed reading. My girlfriend screamed from across the hall, she had seen the man enter. Somehow this guy never made a peep breaking in. Luckily my pump was right under the bed next to me. I do drills every now and then in the dark getting my shotgun out and ready. So I was well prepared. The second he saw the shotgun in his face he dropped his pistol and tried to run for the door. If he hadn't dropped the gun, he would have had a slug through his chest. The goof actually slipped on the welcome mat as he ran out and face planted.

The funniest part about it, the police found him a block away trying to break into a car.

edit on 18-6-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

S & F OP.

Nice to hear this. I hope the husband recovers fully and quickly: he deserves a public service medal. God willing, both of the scumbags will contract mrsa and die horribly before ever going to trial.

One can hope

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

This is why you need a gun. When faced with a determined homeowner robbers flee like roaches from a kitchen light.

Be safe.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
and they want to take our guns

hummmmmmm

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
it is an act of treason to make an americans only means of defense a 9-11 call.

and look the cops where no where around and that home owner did what they had to.

i hate the fact they had to act but better them then me i say .

secure your rights to life liberty now and forever.

and yeah a gun is the biggest stick on the block when it comes to freedom.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
i will now only pull my gun if i intend to shoot someon to use reasonable or deadly force...learned the hard way there are no provisions for a warning shot....be sure the perp is inside your home and has a weapon of substance in his cold dead hand..lawyer up..or shut up till you get one.. then notify police of the situation....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join