It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Homeowner Shoots It Out with Intruders: (Are you prepare & willing like this guy?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Armed robbers should go rob the anti-gun politicians and teach them some lessons of life.

Maybe that would make them understand a few things... who am I kidding, most of these anti-gun politicians are actually gun owners or have armed body guards...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
we need guns in the uk!!! criminal have um so ordinary citizens shud be allowed them

aint never guna happen tho,the power that be wont allow it cuz makes it harder for the people to fight bacck without guns

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Outnumbered 3 to one. This guy deserves a medal. This is America 2011, the bad guys will probably sue and get disability and rehabilitations payments. Thank god for the ACLU.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If they have guns then their guns should be taken away too.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Good for him. If more of this would happen, maybe these low life thugs would think twice before entering someones property. I'm just waiting to hear if the owner illegally used deadly force.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Excellent article! Sadly, even small town Missouri is experiencing this home invasion problem. It was a couple years back and I cannot find a net version of the article about this that appeared in the local paper here, but a home invasion crew picked the wrong man on the wrong night. The way the paper had the story, they knocked and then kicked the door when an old man came to answer it. Poor guy was in his 90's apparently and home alone. Well, "poor guy" really isn't accurate. It turns out that he was anything but helpless and was in reality a 'crusty old fart' with a proud record of service back in World War II. He chased the home invaders right back out with a 1911, firing all the way. To the best of my recollection, he wounded two. Now that is having some real spirit at that age!

The total contradiction in the visual the story gave was why it stuck in my mind so hard at the time. Talk about never knowing who you're talking to or..kicking in the door of. I do love hearing stories like this though and I wish the media would cover them far more extensively. Each one that IS public must make at least a few criminals have a moment of pause before risking their own necks on something that occasionally goes so well for the law abiding citizen.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gremlin2011

I guess the Crown learned its lesson in the American revolution..we are able to defend ourselves in America and to not own a gun is your choice .not a good one in my opinion as im not going to be a victim . I live with my girlfriend in an apartment. The manager has told us we are not allowed to have a firearm . I live in Texas and I think this is rubbish.We rent the place ..its our home and I WILL defend my family.then SUE them for violateing my rights !!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Screw the landlord.

Rember the rule of thumb:

Better be Judged by 6 than Carried by 12.

Use this rule and you will be okay.
edit on 6/19/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

think guns got banned a fair few year after that war m8, in the 90s handguns was completly outlawed cuz sum nutter went on a rampage in a school in dumblane (not sure if spelt right)

you can still get shotguns but with so much red tape to go through and a deep check of ur history

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Seems like something out of a movie...and maybe I've seen too many myself.
Did a few stints as a single girl with sprogs(kids), and I always arm myself accordingly, ALWAYS!!
IF you walk into my house uninvited, don't expect to walk out....period!

We don't have legal firearms here in Oz, but there are plenty of weapons within ones own house that will do the job just nicely thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Hah. I am in Dallas, Texas. Home invasions are a very rare thing here. Although, in most areas, you don't want to go for a midnight walk.

Lived in an Apartment complex a few years ago that was out near Love Field Airport that got invaded a ton. My building alone had 3 invasions inside a month. My apartment was the only one that didn't get hit. At the time I had my G/F and newborn son living with me and was working 12 hours a day. One guy tried to pry open my bedroom window one night when I was off work. He prolly thought I was gone. I didn't have a gun but I DID have a nice big long sword that I did NOT hesitate to run outside and chase him off with.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hearing stories like this make me wish I had a better weapon than a .22 rifle in the house, but even that can drop a few people with just one clip. I also have a few knives stashed in case I wake up late at night and there's no time to get to the rifle, so maybe I could pull off some Rambo-esque stabbings if I hide behind open doors, but in reality that'll probably just get me killed. What I would like to have is a baseball bat or a machete for close-range, a .45 glock in case they have a weapon, and an AK-47 or AR-15 to go completely bonkers with the trigger finger if they really piss me off.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I bet they are going to press charges to the home owner at one point. Disgusting. I would have placed a couple well placed shots in those scumbags heads.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If you are able to have one, a large potentially mean dog is the best burglar alarm you will ever have. Also good locks on your house and a baseball bat handy isnt too bad to have either. handguns are ok, but at 3 AM, try aiming and hitting someone in a dimly lit room when you are half awake. The bat is easier to aim and has unlimited ammo.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If you are anywhere away from protection, and that is many places, then your only protection is yourself. I have sailed a great deal and on two occasions, I was glad I was armed while around FL. I always slept and still do with a loaded weapon. Both times in FL. I was confronted with drug people. The one time, I was warned the day of by a befriended street person, or bobber as they are called as they live in abandoned boats at anchor. I pulled out that afternoon, as we were going to be taken out that night, robbed, but I knew there was to be no witnesses. I feel I would have been protected as I could have riddled the cockpit with a quick 32 rounds had they came aboard.

Some years later a similar event near Forty Myers at anchor. There are no cops floating about, remember that, you are your own law, it takes hours to get help to a boater. But then, my wife never is un armed in our home. Case in point, returning from a rescue, I was removing bloodied garments in the dark laundry room, not wanting to wake her, so I was very quiet. Then out of the darkness this voice says my name and asked if this was me. I answered yes, turned on the lights and was looking down the muzzle of a nine millimeter, glad it was me and not an intruder.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
if some one breaks into you home in the middle of the night you may use what ever force you deemed nessarcy for the situation .

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Great story. And if the state of California had their way, this family would be dead, and the criminals off free and clear with all that they stole. (california's strong anti-gun policies)
edit on 19-6-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Another one to remember, addressing the comments about the bad guys coming back and suing the homeowner/shooter.

Dead Men Don't Tell Tales....
edit on 6/19/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

My next investment is cameras. Both wired and wireless.

That is good insurance against a district attorney filing charges against you after you clean up the criminals.

How many juries would convict a homeowner for legally defending themselves when the tapes show what happened.

Plus the cops and the district attorney would have a problem spinning there own tall tale on what they want the jury to believe happened.

I have a camera at front and back doors running to a TV in the living room just to screen who is at the door and record there photos.
If i don't like what i see i can put my 1911 on the small of my back before answering the door.
I can also go out the other door and surprise anyone from behind without opening the door they are knocking at.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

can also go out the other door and surprise anyone from behind without opening the door they are knocking at.

I like.

Good thinking.

Time to review my home security design. I have noted the specific kill zones and choke points in more of a defensive stance-based on the current state law.

That law is close to be out-done with a new law that doesn't require me to take all steps to avoid contact etc. You on my property to commit a crime... "your bad day has start fella..."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join