It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica Mysteries Ice free?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Dear All

This is a very interesting report ______beforeitsnews/story/399/178/Antarctica_Mysteries.html and if the conclusions that are drawn are anything like the truth it would answer a great number of other mysteries.

Even just answer this one, why freezes your cobblers off in the hardest climate of earth when you can camp in relative present conditions in the area pointed out in this report?

A show of hands required how many of you out there knew there was such an area in the Antarctic? Not me until very recently.

One more very simple question why is it that just about every geologist on earth is not clamoring to go and investigate?

Oh ok One more, One more, why when you look at Google Earth is the pole region blocked? There is ice there is snow and not much else, right?

Well this is top secret ice and snow.

Indeed this just could be the Holy Grail.

This is no small deal.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
From the above link:

Could it be that those few freezing Nazis, if they existed at all, were interacting with someone else long established there and that this someone else was the true target of the USA military operation and that the Nazi presence was just a covering misdirection rumor in case it was needed? If so, the continued obfuscation of Antarctica in the satellite imaging into the present tells us that control of the continent was likely NOT established by this military operation

yeah "good" source using "good" data from Google Earth

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by youallcrazy

Dear youallcrazy

So far I have found the US Navy film made during operation Highjump and this land is details towards the end of it.

Then I found two separate new paper report saying something about this ice free land in the 1950’s.

So all that says to me that this is real and it is being hidden. But WHY?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
the real question is how did Google index this thread so fast??? crazy

I googled "ice free antarctica google earth" and this thread number one...less than one-hour after post. Google must crawl the hell out of ATS
edit on 17-6-2011 by youallcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
i dont remember well, but wasnt there even a report that showed that even now there is vegetation and life emerging from the antartic land mass that is loosing its icy cover?

somehow i envision antartica to be a pretty nice archipellago to live in, in a not so distant future.

in detriment of the whole northern hemisphere...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear youallcrazy

So far I have found the US Navy film made during operation Highjump and this land is details towards the end of it.

Then I found two separate new paper report saying something about this ice free land in the 1950’s.

How strange

I watched (for the first time) a aliens/ufo video a couple days ago about Highjump.
Appearantly, Admiral Byrd met some pleadians there whom took em into the forest area of the antartic and into a city, crystal city and whatnot, etc...I found it a bit over the top in regards to experiences (I suppose it would be) but beyond too weird to be true, and called a hoax based on just that (too weird, must be a hoax)..that it is a interesting and potentially plausable experience.

Just find it odd that this thread pops up right after I investigate in on this...talk about weird timing.

As far as if this is confirmed, I think its time the account of Admiral Byrd gets reopened for serious discussion verses immediate dismissal based on oddness factor.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Dear youallcrazy

They must know why they have to blank things out just maybe someone has flagged it?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
You might find this thread by zorgon interesting. Entrance To Agartha Found?

There are also other threads on this topic. It has been discussed a fair amount here.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
in detriment of the whole northern hemisphere...

Not that a massive loss of the ice in antartica wouldn't have massive consequences for the northern hemisphere..just making sure you realize antartica is the south pole...ya?

Either way, ya...it would certainly spell a whole lot of doom if things changed there...however, if fringe reports from long ago are to go by...this is not something new...this is something thats been there for a considerable amount of time....again, if this and that isn't a hoax

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think it was Adm. Byrd's grandson that released his diary.

I have never been able to find much on this subject.

The diary is a fun read itself, even if it's fiction.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Dear AnotherYOU

The point here being that they TPTB are for sure hiding something down there, hell you can even get area 51 of Google earth but ICE & Snow is more secret??????

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
So again like all Google Earth/Mars anomalies, you need to go to the original/best source. Google Earth has yet to update Antarctica with the newest best photos. So the "obfuscated" "smudges" that the OP article link thinks is a conspiracy is older lower Res data that Google Earth hasn't updated yet.

Here is the newest best data set location
lima.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There are many ice free places in Antarctica. Any scientist can tell you that.

I saw this report when it first came out back in February. While I think Antarctica does harbor mysteries of all sorts, I don't think this is a big deal though.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Seen it before on here.
Know what this thing and ufo's do not have in common?
Yep, with a boat you can have some proof.
Get going and send pics.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear youallcrazy

How strange

I watched (for the first time) a aliens/ufo video a couple days ago about Highjump.
Appearantly, Admiral Byrd met some pleadians there whom took em into the forest area of the antartic and into a city, crystal city and whatnot, etc...I found it a bit over the top in regards to experiences (I suppose it would be) but beyond too weird to be true, and called a hoax based on just that (too weird, must be a hoax)..that it is a interesting and potentially plausable experience.

Just find it odd that this thread pops up right after I investigate in on this...talk about weird timing.

As far as if this is confirmed, I think its time the account of Admiral Byrd gets reopened for serious discussion verses immediate dismissal based on oddness factor.

Star for that. I've dismissed it too for the same reasons. But it is compelling. And just what are the best arguments for and against? Best evidence or can it be definitively closed.

Your further input on the subject will definitely be looked forward to. I'ma start digging too.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Reply to post by SaturnFX

my bad, should have worded it better.

i didnt wanna imply that antartica loosing its ice cover would be the reason the northern hemisphere becomes inhabitable, not that at all.

what is making the northern hemisphere unhabitable are us, we the ones living on it.

what i meant is that while our side of the world is being swept by doom and gloom(lack of better words to describe)
antartica looks to be shaping up to be the virgin land of the near future.

also considering every country wants a piece of it...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Ah! MAC269! Here we are again. We recently had a conversation in another thread, and I'm glad you brought this here.

This is one of those mysterious cases I've always been interested in. But as I mentioned before, it dead-ended for me. That was years ago--in fact before the WorldWideWeb, back in the days of, you know: books. Anyway, I'm very pleased to see this new evidence.

It's past my bedtime now, so I'll look this over again and check in later.

Thanks again. S&F for you....

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Dear SaturnFX

From SaturnFX “I think its time the account of Admiral Byrd gets reopened for serious discussion verses immediate dismissal based on oddness factor”

Well what we are seeing in the sky is certainly coming from somewhere?

And as ridicules as all these tails that stem form operation HIGHJUMP are concerned if true they would explain a great deal.

Naturally you will not get operation HIGHJUMP investigated anymore than has been.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Dear Klassified

Thanks for pointing that one out I will go through it.

I had not seen it before so many others will not have seen it either.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Dear whyamIhere

If you have a link to the diary I would love to read it.

The Byrd thing all starts from a missing three hours, and going by the documentary a secret land, he did not have the fuel for an extended flight of that length.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join