It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctica Mysteries Ice free?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

It's a little off topic but Google personalizes search-results. Everyone gets different results these days.

BTW:
May 06, 1941, New York Times

NAZI BASE REPORTED IN ANTARCTIC AREA; Repair Shop at Deception Bay, 500 Miles From South America, Is Blown Up BYRD MAKES DISCLOSURE Admiral at Boston Greets Ship Returning With Members of United States Expedition BOSTON, May 5 -- The establishment of a German naval repair shop at Deception Bay, only 500 miles from South America, was revealed today as the motorship North Star docked at the army base with thirty-six scientists and explorers home from Little America.

select.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by youallcrazy
the real question is how did Google index this thread so fast??? crazy

I googled "ice free antarctica google earth" and this thread number one...less than one-hour after post. Google must crawl the hell out of ATS
edit on 17-6-2011 by youallcrazy because: (no reason given)

Not so strange, I noticed google indexes ATS threads within a couple of minutes .. obviously ATS has a high PR in google's indexing system

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by youallcrazy
So again like all Google Earth/Mars anomalies, you need to go to the original/best source. Google Earth has yet to update Antarctica with the newest best photos. So the "obfuscated" "smudges" that the OP article link thinks is a conspiracy is older lower Res data that Google Earth hasn't updated yet.

Here is the newest best data set location
lima.usgs.gov...

Absolutely true.. but I have a feeling facts will be ignored because conspiracy is far more interesting...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
WOW, looks like planet Earth got zapped by an interplanetary laser beam.

Good thing this didn't hit Washington DC.
That'd sure mess up the NWO plans.

But seriously, does anybody really think that there's a 100 mile or so long swath of relatively warm ice free land in Antarctica?
Why would it be such a nice rectangular shape?

Occam's Razor is a concept that's all too often ignored.

Google Earth uses various sources for the images it uses.
They are of varying quality and they are taken at various times.

Image data would very likely come in the form of a rectangle with a fixed width since satellites travel over the ground and view the Earth at a particular resolution from a particular height.

Any blending (smudge image tampering obfuscation) is the result of Google software trying to reconcile differences between the new image and the old.

The most likely explanation is that the ice free image is the newest and that the rest is from several years back.
Why would they update images of Antarctica very frequently?
There are no cities or roads that change so updates aren't too important.

We've all heard about Global Warming.
We've all heard that polar ice has been steadily declining at an alarming rate.
Looks to me like this is just more proof of how bad it really is getting.

I'd bet $1 that this "story" originally came from Joseph P. Skipper of Mars Anomaly Research.
The "smudge image tampering obfuscation" is a dead giveaway.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hey guys great thread I have been reading and I think I can help you out with some answers, although these answers like most here on ats only eludes to a deaper mystery. I'm writing this from my phone so I'm not going to include links as its a bit tedious. Ok so the reason why you will find no pictures or video and I mean none (been trying for awhile) of the center of either pole is because no satellite covers the area, no planes fly over the areas as well. So I did some snooping and I know this sounds a bit ridiculous but "hollow earth theory" solves the answer.

A brief summary if ur not familiar is basically there is no center of either pole but rather a vortex on either side where gravity ceases to exist. This causes mechanical failures on all craft. The theory of hollow earth has some good points to it and is a fantastically cool story. It had been said that shangrala (I know now spelt incorrectly but hang on with me.) Can be found further inside the planet. It gets more fantastical as it was a legend of northern aboriginals claim that tall blonde warriors ( believed to be the vykings) left this plain on earth to join giants 20 ft tall at the center inside the earth where there are vasts jungles. All of what I said can be found online and il be home in. An hour to post links if needed. Hope this helps

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
These holes or entrances of ice caves are interesting for sure. My bet on this is, naturally formed. But what's inside is there any info of anyone taking a closer look?

Dear Imtor

Not that I know of yet and I am going to be busy today I have to go with the kids form the orphanage on a day out to the beach.

I know the job is tough but someone has to do it.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by MAC269

Yea, ALL that, and how EASY would it have been to have snapped a picture or two?

"Just take my word for it! I work for the government, and I can be trusted!"

Seems like confirmation bias here. Believe the government when you want to and don't when you don't. We all do it.

Dear daynight42

Yes well mail men work for the government but I do not think there opinion is any better than mine.

Trust you because you work for the government?

Hum I guess you mean the government of the good old US of A?

Hum there is a thought. I would suggest that if that where the case you could be a dis-info guy, but if you where you would come back with a good argument.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
reply to post by MAC269

Here is a link to his diary.

I know most of you have read it.

Since you ask, Enjoy

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

Dear whyamIhere

Thanks for that I will go through it fully tomorrow as today I have to go out with the kids.

I did however catch a bit about Byrd being detained similar to Forestall and I want to go into that more when I get the chance.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by MAC269

It's sad most people ignore this hot story. It all makes sense if you have the right knowledge. Officially Germany is still at war and Germany is still occupied. The Federal Republic of Germany is an illegal state. Why? Because not all of of their territory is occupied. Neu Schwabenland aka New Swabia, Antarctica is part of the third Reich and Byrd didn't succeed when he tried to invade German territory.

BTW Watch the interesting interview with Stan Deyo (end of video), he claims that there are many man made UFOs.

Google Video Link

Dear Regenstorm

Thanks for that I will get to it tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Wow. This is news to me. Thanks to everyone for all the links.

Question. Isn't Prince Harry stationed at Antartica?

And....Could it be that this "global warming" issue is a way for tptb reveal/disclose antartica to us?

Good reading

Dear windword

That idea did cross my mind however since the boffins say that if all the ice down there does melt it will rase sea level by 200’FT I some how doubt it.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
reply to post by User8911

It's a little off topic but Google personalizes search-results. Everyone gets different results these days.

BTW:
May 06, 1941, New York Times

NAZI BASE REPORTED IN ANTARCTIC AREA; Repair Shop at Deception Bay, 500 Miles From South America, Is Blown Up BYRD MAKES DISCLOSURE Admiral at Boston Greets Ship Returning With Members of United States Expedition BOSTON, May 5 -- The establishment of a German naval repair shop at Deception Bay, only 500 miles from South America, was revealed today as the motorship North Star docked at the army base with thirty-six scientists and explorers home from Little America.

select.nytimes.com...

Dear Regenstorm

A real good find I think we are getting somewhere.

Imagine Byrd’s surprise when he finds out that he is not just dealing with a load of renegade Nazis.

This little snippet certainly gives meaning to operation HIGHJUMP.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonyinawareness ... It gets more fantastical as it was a legend of northern aboriginals claim that tall blonde warriors ( believed to be the vykings) left this plain on earth to join giants 20 ft tall at the center inside the earth where there are vasts jungles...

To add, these 'tall blondes' apparently interacted with the Nazi's, and that is why Hitler considered 'Tall Blonde' to be the Aryan race and may explain the Nazi's interest in Antarctica.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy
WOW, looks like planet Earth got zapped by an interplanetary laser beam.

Good thing this didn't hit Washington DC.
That'd sure mess up the NWO plans.

But seriously, does anybody really think that there's a 100 mile or so long swath of relatively warm ice free land in Antarctica?
Why would it be such a nice rectangular shape?

Occam's Razor is a concept that's all too often ignored.

Google Earth uses various sources for the images it uses.
They are of varying quality and they are taken at various times.

Image data would very likely come in the form of a rectangle with a fixed width since satellites travel over the ground and view the Earth at a particular resolution from a particular height.

Any blending (smudge image tampering obfuscation) is the result of Google software trying to reconcile differences between the new image and the old.

The most likely explanation is that the ice free image is the newest and that the rest is from several years back.
Why would they update images of Antarctica very frequently?
There are no cities or roads that change so updates aren't too important.

We've all heard about Global Warming.
We've all heard that polar ice has been steadily declining at an alarming rate.
Looks to me like this is just more proof of how bad it really is getting.

I'd bet $1 that this "story" originally came from Joseph P. Skipper of Mars Anomaly Research.
The "smudge image tampering obfuscation" is a dead giveaway.

Dear LazyGuy

Try looking at the documentary Secret Land done by the US Navy in 1947.

They found a 300 square mile stretch of ICE FREE land with liquid fresh water lakes. There are also two independent news paper items that say the same.

Now ask why know body knows? Or should I say very few.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonyinawareness
Hey guys great thread I have been reading and I think I can help you out with some answers, although these answers like most here on ats only eludes to a deaper mystery. I'm writing this from my phone so I'm not going to include links as its a bit tedious. Ok so the reason why you will find no pictures or video and I mean none (been trying for awhile) of the center of either pole is because no satellite covers the area, no planes fly over the areas as well. So I did some snooping and I know this sounds a bit ridiculous but "hollow earth theory" solves the answer.

A brief summary if ur not familiar is basically there is no center of either pole but rather a vortex on either side where gravity ceases to exist. This causes mechanical failures on all craft. The theory of hollow earth has some good points to it and is a fantastically cool story. It had been said that shangrala (I know now spelt incorrectly but hang on with me.) Can be found further inside the planet. It gets more fantastical as it was a legend of northern aboriginals claim that tall blonde warriors ( believed to be the vykings) left this plain on earth to join giants 20 ft tall at the center inside the earth where there are vasts jungles. All of what I said can be found online and il be home in. An hour to post links if needed. Hope this helps

Dear tonyinawareness

OK and I though I was out there with this thread. Hum, maybe not.

Please, Please, please post your links and I will get to them tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5andman

Originally posted by tonyinawareness ... It gets more fantastical as it was a legend of northern aboriginals claim that tall blonde warriors ( believed to be the vykings) left this plain on earth to join giants 20 ft tall at the center inside the earth where there are vasts jungles...

To add, these 'tall blondes' apparently interacted with the Nazi's, and that is why Hitler considered 'Tall Blonde' to be the Aryan race and may explain the Nazi's interest in Antarctica.

Dear 5andman

All good please send some links.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I dig this thread.

Just a question, I know nothing of an ice free zone, I have never heard of it.

Could this possibly, if it is real, caused by volcanic means, or some kind of geothermal venting?

Just that one question. I do not have time to research it right now and I mainly wanted to save this in my subscribed threads.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This is simply a piece of a puzzle

more pieces missing than what is present, and you have no clue what the end result supposed to look like.

Frustrating.

So, lets look at some pieces then.

Nazi's interested in a blonde/blue race of nords with near mystical powers or tech
Reports of nazi's interested in the south pole
allies interest in a super top secret mission to...take pictures of the south pole
strange ufo sightings around that time, debate arises between them being german machines, otherworlders, etc
groom lake goes into weirdness
Plejarian reports here and there, Billy Meirs comes forward to ridicule the whole field
media industry starts a effort to introduce concept of non brain sucking aliens.
little green men turn into short grey men (due to reports more than media)
Weird information about byrd's adventures to cavernous earth and meeting nords (ayrans?)
More reports, sightings, etc...
ATS is born, world rejoices
Spotted potential area that match up to the diarys associated with Byrd/High Jump

I am missing about 500 pieces...but offhand, those ones could at least be made into a story just by itself and take up a 10 part miniseries (starring Dakota Fanning of course)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Could this possibly, if it is real, caused by volcanic means, or some kind of geothermal venting?

For now, there needs to be some confirmation before its real...once it is confirmed, then speculation about causes can start up...but for now, sort of a waste of time while its still up in the air about its reality to begin with.

pictures would help, both ground level, and satellite...like, if its a lush and old forest, then clearly its been there for awhile, but if its grassy and a few saplings, then its fairly new and something today may be the cause...etc.

For now, we just got some potential evidence, and a old story about some diary entries that seem suspicious about its authenticity...so, just sort of a speculation and what if thread for now.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

for you SaturnFX...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
interesting but not ground breaking news. i believe this was one of the first ct's i looked into when i was a teenager. i still really enjoy the idea of it though. thanks for bringing back memories

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join