It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korean troops shoot at civilian airliner by mistake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

South Korean troops shoot at civilian airliner by mistake

www.msnbc.msn.com

South Korean troops fired at a commercial aircraft flying near the tense sea border with North Korea, misidentifying it as one of the communist North's jet fighters, but no damage occurred, local news media reported on Saturday.

The Yonhap news agency, quoting a military source, said two marine corps soldiers guarding the waters off the South's western city of Incheon, fired their K-2 rifles for about 10 minutes at dawn Friday. The plane was later identified as an Asiana Airlines flight making its descent to Seoul airport.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Someone please tell me that these guys were not smoking something illegal. Did they honestly believe that a K-2 being fired would actually bring down a fighter jet, why didn't they radio in to their co, why weren't S.K. jets scrambled, so many why's , so few rational thinking people these days its almost certain that some will pull that button of death as its only a matter of time.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Thread already exists posted a few minutes ago.

Cnn- Report: South Korea Fires at Civilian Plane though to be North's Troops
edit on 17-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse

Thread already exists posted a few minutes ago.

Cnn- Report: South Korea Fires at Civilian Plane though to be North's Troops
edit on 17-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

okay...no problem, im sure someone will come along here and close it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Wow this tells you how tense things are on that border. I would rather not see any more Korea mortar fights. Those things can escalate quickly, lucky last time it didn't

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
come on ats why are we giving a # about southkorea what have they done for us, i find it amusing that # going on half way around the globe is gaining issue with the american public " shakes head in embarassment"

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Firing with rifles and out of range by 500-600 meters? They mustve been bored. And something else seems odd about this story...how do u fire at a moving plane for 10 minutes?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunghwa
Firing with rifles and out of range by 500-600 meters? They mustve been bored. And something else seems odd about this story...how do u fire at a moving plane for 10 minutes?

When i was reading the article i thought, okay, like how many round's did they let loose ?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Sheesh, Even Koreans can't tell each other apart.

If I was South Korean though I'd pretty much be on edge constantly with that nutcase threatening war everytime it rains.

new topics

top topics

join