It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you believe in free will ? do you believe in TPTB ? what do you do for a living ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I like to explain things about my self.

I am called an educated person. I have reached a place where majority of people like to achieve. I know that I don't have too much but I think that I am efficient person. when I decided to get a new job , I understood that I don't have much choices as I thought I had. then I had a chance to look behind my self. I saw that I didn't have much choices at all. I started opening my eyes and I looked as wide as I could. I saw that others don't have much choices in their lives.

I was watching the movie Julie & Julia when I understood that there is a huge gap between what I am supposed to be and what TPTB wants me to be.

I know that I have free will and I can build my future with the tools that I have . I believe that I have the power to choose ( or will ) what I have to do in every single moment of the day. but in the movie I saw that the woman is forced in her life and the only beam of light is that she can cook. I mean , isn't it too little for a life?

how can we build a community that every one can do every thing as one wills?
how do you want to feel responsible for your own life?
how should we live as we will ?
how can we be free of this TPTB ?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
After much thought on the same subject I have finally came to the conclusion that we, or most of us start with no choice, we are born into this world. your family would push you towards education since you were a little guy as they felt is the best option. since a very young age we are indoctrinated in certain way, programmed to see whats normal and whats not in their own view, or how TPTB wants us to see the world.

of course we grow up, some of us wake up and others get consumed by this life. The best thing you can do is start changing your life, and this will be the life of your children. I dont know how old you are or if you have children, but I think at this point in life, the last thing you want is just to hand them over to the elites.

I heard the best thing is to own a farm, everything free range. No suffering for the animals = blessed goods/food

children growing up on a farm tend to learn vital skills they can never learn in school.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hindenburg

You said what I wish to do in future. but I am far from the plan. I think that people should help each other find their ways. living in a farm is so good but what about the past ?

I have abilities that I should live in a city.
how can I ignore it?

I know that living in a city has lots of disadvantages. we should live in a little spaces , we should live as compact as we should , we should suffer annoying neighbors , while there is a lot of free space on earth. we will have independence and ....

living in a farm is the first thing that come into my mind. do you think of another way you wish you could live?

thank you for replies. I wish that this thread could help me and you and others.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I believe in "free will" to a certain extent. I have made choices that were my own but the choices are limited. I am a Realtor in the Nashville, Tennessee area and if I could,knowing what I know now at the grand age of 38, I would move to the country as well. I live in a congested city surrounded by neighbors. I think my family would benefit more if we had a "simpler life". Meaning, if we lived on a farm we could grow crops, buy and sell cattle, raise hogs, chickens, and so on. Its a better life I think. I grew up that way and wish my children did too. ;-)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I don't know how much I believe in free will. They say our free will is what gives us our karma, and if this is true, I'd really like to know why I have such a crappy life lol

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Having a money based system like the Zeitgeist movement says, is behind the impoverished and wealthy.
You and I are relegated to being stacked up warehoused, like slaughter poultry, next to and on top of and underneath each other, forced to put up with those who are self centered and inconsiderate, because of WHERE WE CAN AFFORD TO LIVE WITH OUR MONEY. Every day I dream (daydream) about living in my own sprawling ranch style mini McMansion on more than 10 acres of my own plot, but IT TAKES WEALTH to have such. I am low income. Therefore, a prisoner.
However, I know that the Zeitg.system isn't the end all be all answer either. I took out my garbage to the apartment building dumpster this morning, and asked myself, "If no one got anything for hauling this stuff away, who'd do it? " And why? While I viewed a bag of poopoo someone threw in our dumpst.
What is the answer? I'm not sure yet.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MurderMyLove
I don't know how much I believe in free will. They say our free will is what gives us our karma, and if this is true, I'd really like to know why I have such a crappy life lol

I'm --- truly curious. ----
How crappy do you think your life would be, if you suddenly had several million dollars at your disposal, so you could live how and where you want, improve your appearance, and visit those places you always wanted to?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Take those kids out to the countryside, find an old farmlot and build yourself a mini-farm! On one acre, you can raise chickens, rabbits, goats, a pig or even a cow. You can grow enough produce to feed your family AND make some money on the side. Even if you kept your current job, it would be worth the drive to raise your children in a rural area. Go for it! Live the dream!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Yes, I do believe in free will. I also believe that there are forces that will manipulate and destroy you if you give them half a chance.

Early in my youth I saw the hypocrisy of the American suburban dream and opted for the counter culture lifestyle;
A hippie if you will. I lived in the Rocky mountains supporting myself as a designer/craftsman making everything from fine guitars, leather sandals, furniture, fine art and Jewelry. Selling my stuff thru gallery's , craftfairs, wholesale tradeshows world wide. I made an obscene amount of money and I lost it all thru drug and alcohol abuse and stupid investments. Currently I have reinvented myself as a screenwriter, filmmaker, actor, crew, below the line and above the line, working on feature and indy films always completely surrounded by asshats , liars, thieves, scumbags and the most creative people I have ever encountered. I have been blessed and cursed.

No rules, No limits, No excuses.
edit on 17-6-2011 by whaaa because: living the dream

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I have decided that I do not want my free-will any longer. My ego seems to have taken free-will and twisted it so that I believe that I have greater abilities than I really do; so as far as I am concerned I will instead continue onward trusting in the path that was set out for me long ago.

The OP never told us what kind of work you do and what kind of work you want to do, so I suspect it isn't the work but the money that is involved that eventually/hopefully equates to the "things" that make happiness, or the illusion of. Am I correct? Is it that you want more things above and beyond the inner need to fulfill a particular task?

For me it is all about the task that has driven me to this particular line of work that I do and even though I am the least qualified to do this job there are many who are more qualified than I am that would refuse this job. Why? Because the job I do does not pay, it could have paid but I decided that I would do it without money because of my distaste for what it does to people. I could give examples but then I would be writing a short story rather than helping.

Ironically, after I took on this job I suddenly realized that my entire life had this path in its view I just could not see it because I was listening to the world around me. I was programmed and I just could not see the truth. I am now realizing there is no one else that could have done this job regardless of their qualifications because when it comes down to it there just isn't any money here, there never was. Yet the job itself is rewarding and gives me a sense of peace and brings me closer to my ultimate goal and that is to reunite myself with Spirit.

Of course, there is a block that is occurring right now and that is the World is just about ready to fail, so the work suddenly has to stop whether I want to or not, as I prepare myself as best as I can. It sounds confusing but think about it for a moment and ask yourself, are you in a place of safety as the expression of death falls upon the very thing that could bring you happiness? Yes, I am talking about money!

Money is not a job and it is not the path to Happiness!

Be thankful for what your hands can really do! Soon the mind will have to allow them to take the lead, your hands and your feet will be what carries you to the next step!

Pretty soon we will all be busy without worrying about such things! Sounds like Happiness to me!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

[quotePretty soon we will all be busy without worrying about such things! Sounds like Happiness to me!

Ever since 2011 started, it's been NONstop weird and unprecedented events. The recent NASA fema-like lecture oddness has me wondering, "Is a shtf about ready to bring us all anarchy?" I'm not ready for that, but I always somehow manage in life, at the last minute.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
how can we build a community that every one can do every thing as one wills?
how do you want to feel responsible for your own life?
how should we live as we will ?
how can we be free of this TPTB ?

I offer ideas here at ATS... Please consider what I offer in these threads:

The End of Entropy - the foundation - read first

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform - the structure

Here's a simple schematic for drawing on the plenum ("dark"/Zero Point/Radiant/Orgone/...) energy:

The Abundance Paradigm:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

No such beast as "free will". There is only discipline.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderMyLove

I don't know much about this karma thing , but I think that we have control over some thing and some thing is out of hands.

I mean , if we consider that we have control over some thing , then how can we cause a good change in our life ?
more important , what is a good change ?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It’s simple. It’s free will and here’s why.

We all started with our high school education. From there on we have made our own choices.
Work the summer till college or take drugs and party. Some do both.
Work hard in college or work hard in a blue-collar job.

I used to think I didn’t have the opportunity to go to a four-year university. But I was wrong; I could have taken out a loan. My stupidity, my choice.

I chose NOT to knock up some girl until I was married to her for five years.

I chose not to spend every dime I have earned. Even when the above-mentioned bloodsucker nailed me for 15.5 years (3 kids) of child support after she cheated on me. I lived even lower, spent less.

I chose to invest my free money in the stock market on the stocks of my choice. No blood-sucking middleman.

My job is irrelevant. I am paid 25% less than the national median. And I haven’t had one single pay raise since the divorce (16 years). Bu I am richer now than I was back then. My house, car, truck and motorcycle are all paid for.

You chose to smoke cigarettes. Did you know that same $50 per carton would buy you 12 shares of a company that pay almost 20% dividends? That would be $10 extra for every carton you don’t smoke.

Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, etc all made their own choices.

You chose to smoke.
You chose to knock up that girl at twenty.
You chose to play poker on Fridays.
You chose to spend your retirement now.

It’s all been your own free will since high school. Deal with it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
As I read the OP and the following posts, it occurred to me that we do live our lives with free will.
HOWEVER, from a very early age we have been indoctrinated to "choose" certain things:
More "stuff"...expensive cars, nice houses, "socially acceptable" mates, lots of "toys", exciting vacations, nice hotels and travel destinations, expensive clothes, jewelry, on and on.

We have been programmed to be consumers. The most obvious way to acquire this lifestyle is to get a college education for a successful career...move to the metro areas to get the high paying jobs. (so we can pay off those outrageous student loans)

Along the way, we have been quietly programmed to look upon those that live more humbly as "Backwards", "Simpletons" "Not too sharp" "Hillbillies" etc...

In turn, this has reduced the size of families...both men and women putting off having kids to pursue the $ and all it can buy. EARN! EARN! EARN!...SPEND! SPEND! SPEND! Impress all the people and look out for #1!!!

It is obvious to me how this mindset has separated us from our parents and siblings, damaged our relationships with each other, alienated our 2.2 children and broken our families.

Sadly, by the time most realize that the career and all the material trappings it has provided hasn't made them happy, and that "simply living simply" is more freeing and fulfilling, it's too late.

We are a product of our influences.
Unfortunately for nearly all of us, those influences have been those that have intended to enslave us for several generations now.

Yes. We have free will. We are just guilty of being gullible from the start.

Peace
edit on 17-6-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I somehow fail to understand what is the problem. Magical "TPTB is guilty" does not eliminate need to feed and drink and cloth and warm and shelter yourself and your family. It takes effort to do all those things. It takes time to do all those things.
So there is this huge economical wheel that enables relatively easy and relatively acceptable feeding/clothing/shelter to us in exchange for us the hamsters running in it and making it turn and generating huge profit for the owners. You do not want to be part of it? But you are free to jump out and growth all take care of all your needs. It will be phisically harder and you will loose access to all the pointless gadgets but you will be free and food and water and even energy available will be of higher quality.
So what is stopping you?
No,to tell you the truth i understand you. It is hard to loose all the comfort of established system and to plunge into being dependent on yourself. But it IS your choice, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Even those who live in the back woods exhibit the same characteristics of the city dweller.

The city dweller saves money for the times when things get hard.
The country dweller cans veggies and such for times when things get hard.

The difference is the country dweller can never can enough to sit back and do nothing for the rest of his life. As canned goods have a shelf life. If he sells a lot of veggies to pocket the cash for hard times, he becomes no different than the city business owner.

If he sells the most veggies in his area, he becomes TPTB.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

thank you. I have thought about that. I mean the age which you have the ability to choose. but I didn't know anything about the society . I didn't know how MSM is managing my own life. I didn't know that every thing is thought of.

I studied because there was no other way forward. I went to university because I could not see any way forward ( to perfection )

all I see now is that I am far from being perfect. the definition of perfection is changes in my mind.

my old definition : having lots of money , influencing other people , controlling the relation ships , doing as boss pleases , getting much girls , ...

my recent definition : being helpful and not to oppress any body. treating every body as I like they better treat me. being honest , thinking for myself , living the way is better for me , finding my own way , studying about whatever I think is necessary , honoring and respecting myself .

how can I get to my goal ? how can I be sure that I will help my children understand the threat of TPTB.

I know about Bill Gates or others who got rich by using their head. but what about normal people ?
should you get bigger because you know better how to enslave me ? is it fair ?
edit on 17/6/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Seems you have a lot of questions and or concerns about your future, your free will, and tptb.
tptb is the powers that be?

I am not entirely sure what your post is even about but I will say this:

You do indeed have free will BUT you need to realize that everyone else has free will too.

I think first you need to make up your mind what exactly you want. Then you can start making a long term goal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join