It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What aliens might really 'look' like...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Perhaps we project what we think an Alien should look like on to them, ala Stephen Kings "Dreamcatcher".
Maybe they have some inate ability that lets them take on the appearence of what ever is in our minds at the time? So if you think Aliens look like Grays then thats what you see. Personaly i think that an Alien would look nothing like our Pre-Conceived veiw of them would be.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
ok lets get this straight:
if uve even read any abduction stories they always have a description of the aliens, and no not all look like humans, for example the "reptilians" look no where near human types, but then "nordics" are almost identical.
where we get these info u ask?
abduction stories!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexParadox
if uve even read any abduction stories they always have a description of the aliens, and no not all look like humans, for example the "reptilians" look no where near human types, but then "nordics" are almost identical.
abduction stories!

You're right...most alien descriptions that come from abduction stories don't describe beings that look exactly like humans, but 99% give them human like atributes. Like human type head (sure some have scales and horns), two eyes (sure some are all black and are usually bigger, or some are reptilian like with slits), a nose (whether an actual protruding one or one with just nosrtil slits), two arms, and two legs (usually long and spindly, or strong and scaley), the torsos are generally always humanoid (some are short, some are long).

What I'm getting at is that they almost always have "humanoid" qualities.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

Originally posted by AlexParadox
abduction stories!

You're right...most alien descriptions that come from abduction stories don't describe beings that look exactly like humans, but 99% give them human like atributes. Like human type head (sure some have scales and horns), two eyes (sure some are all black and are usually bigger, or some are reptilian like with slits), a nose (whether an actual protruding one or one with just nosrtil slits), two arms, and two legs (usually long and spindly, or strong and scaley), the torsos are generally always humanoid (some are short, some are long).

What I'm getting at is that they are almost always have "humanoid" qualities.

yes i share that opinion, and if uve heard of that "mantis" species, which pretty much is a large mantis, it too has 2 eyes

so yes u are complety right there

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The Mantis (Insectoid type) actually has three eyes. Two compound and a single simple eye in the middle. Hideous to some,but i found it a pleasure to speak with someone this intelligent and logical.
Sorry people.When you are a genious,the rest of you are a bunch of animals. And they gang up and attack me.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stgeorge
The Mantis (Insectoid type) actually has three eyes. Two compound and a single simple eye in the middle. Hideous to some,but i found it a pleasure to speak with someone this intelligent and logical.
Sorry people.When you are a genious,the rest of you are a bunch of animals. And they gang up and attack me.

Please, I have to hear MORE!!! What was it like speaking with the mantis people?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

thank you stgeorge, ive only seen maybe 1 or 2 picsof the mantis, so i wasnt complety sure.

but of course just like with the greys, the mantis could have several other forms. (greys: short 4 footers, meduim 6-7, and tall 9-10, etc.).

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Please, I have to hear MORE!!! What was it like speaking with the mantis people?

its probly simular to all the other species:
telepathic.
or they could be using fairy simple english (HEY a second language is hard to master!)

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
earthsister,

I just had a looksee of your website.

this planet obviously would never pose any threat to this "intergalactic union", why would they try and prepare us for entry considering that we are insignificant?? what benefit would there be for this project to guide us??

it just sounds like some sort of caste society where advanced races rule over inferior ones.

I spose you must of answered this a million times before, so if you could forward me to a link that would be great. If not, I would be delighted to see a reply

I've never been visited by aliens and i never want to be or know that i have been. it sounds too awful.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
thanks for sharing those links.

but it could be that why we all have the same figure is becuase we all share a little bit from the same gentics. Meaning we are hybrids.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
DrFunk,

There's a book called "Conversations with God" it gives great suggestions on why extraterrestial beings might bother with us.

And one thing I've noticed from people like Earthsister who are suposedly in contact with Aliens, is that they made the decision to contact the Aliens before they were even born, and that they were sometimes related to the Aliens in some way... Now this is just what I've read.. Not that I believe it...

[edit on 11-8-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jp1111

Originally posted by bzap
I think that as humans, when we create aliens for movies etc. we always tend to incorperate the humanoid shape into them.

Exactly! Also its cheaper for the producers of those movies to make humanoid aliens. Look at Star Trek, a little make-up here and there, and you have aliens!

I agree, aliens would look nothing like us, why would they?

Our ancestors survived and so we are here today the most intelligent life on earth. What if some other species had kept evolving to become the most intelligent, would it have a human form?

Exactly, and what of echinoderms like starfish? Or consider octopod mollusks, in fact they display a good deal of intelligence. An octopus was repeatedly observed opening jars to get at tasty morsels, recently. Also, they can truly multi-task and each tentacle may perform entirely separate operations, they don't merely simulate it like humans do. Perhaps then, such mollusks could become predominant and evolve into the niche presently occupied by mankind (after inevitable self-destructiveness consumes us to extinction). Then the most intelligent and dominant species on the planet will have eight appendages and a body combined with the brain-case. Perhaps four tentacles will specialize as legs and the other four as arms, presuming that the creature moves onto the land, that is. However, they may prefer the aquatic existence, especially because they are quite intelligent.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeon10101110

Exactly, and what of echinoderms like starfish? Or consider octopod mollusks, in fact they display a good deal of intelligence. An octopus was repeatedly observed opening jars to get at tasty morsels, recently. Also, they can truly multi-task and each tentacle may perform entirely separate operations, they don't merely simulate it like humans do. Perhaps then, such mollusks could become predominant and evolve into the niche presently occupied by mankind (after inevitable self-destructiveness consumes us to extinction). Then the most intelligent and dominant species on the planet will have eight appendages and a body combined with the brain-case. Perhaps four tentacles will specialize as legs and the other four as arms, presuming that the creature moves onto the land, that is. However, they may prefer the aquatic existence, especially because they are quite intelligent.

Octopus can't move out of water,they have no skeleton

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

Octopus can't move out of water,they have no skeleton

IMAO!!

obvious you never have seen a octopus in real nature...
))
spend same hours in the rocks at the seashore, and you will learn a lot more about them!

...acording to your explanation can you explain to us why earthworms can "walk" outside water too?!...

Originally posted by TheBandit795
(even though Barak hasn't posted evidence for his claims yet), because of something that we wouldn't have the slightest idea about.

yes we have...he explains why in his second post on that topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-8-2004 by kangaxx]

[edit on 12-8-2004 by kangaxx]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

this planet obviously would never pose any threat to this "intergalactic union", why would they try and prepare us for entry considering that we are insignificant?? what benefit would there be for this project to guide us??

The most important benefit is for everybody, and that is the insurance of present and future peace between us. Besides, all races are unique and have so much to offer, that the sharing of knowledge, abilities and technologies improves and advances the quality of life for all.

We humans are beginning to travel off our planet. If we did out there what we do here, the other races would be having to hurt us just to defend themselves from us. We are intelligent enough now to comprehend relatively advanced concepts and accept alien life as people. And we are also in dire need of their assistance. All of these things help indicate that it is time for us, for our neighboring advanced races to make themselves more openly known. Every world gets to this point in their early beginnings, but not all worlds have as much difficulty as we are having.

Our visiting races have been trying to open relations with our race for some time, but there have been some problems, most of which have been taken care of by the most advanced races visiting. One of those problems was a few of the races visiting Earth taking advantage of humans. But the largest problem we still have is our leading governments refusing diplomatic ties and creating propaganda against our visiting races.

it just sounds like some sort of caste society where advanced races rule over inferior ones.

In some way, they do, but only when necessary. There is an organization to space and the people who share it. There has to be. Those who are best able to mediate and help prevent any possible abuse are elected and respected by all of the advanced races in an area. Knowledge, abilities, experience and vastly advanced ability to travel make a particular race or races best suited. If we humans had a similar kind of organization on our own planet, nobody would ever be without medicine or food, and no leader could or would have to rage war on another country. There is nothing wrong with true leadership.

I've never been visited by aliens and i never want to be or know that i have been. it sounds too awful.

TheBandit mentioned how some people think that those of us who have personal alien experiences are related to their alien contacts. That is true. The relationship is by spirit from before our physical lives. Being related gives us an opportunity, but still "many" other factors play a role in whether a person accepts or progresses with his alien contacts. Most people who have contact never even know they do their whole lives. Few people progress to a point of working with their alien contacts on an advanced physical level of awareness.

[edit on 12-8-2004 by EarthSister]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister

Originally posted by drfunk

The most important benefit is for everybody, and that is the insurance of present and future peace between us. Besides, all races are unique and have so much to offer, that the sharing of knowledge, abilities and technologies improves and advances the quality of life for all.

We humans are beginning to travel off our planet. If we did out there what we do here, the other races would be having to hurt us just to defend themselves from us. We are intelligent enough now to comprehend relatively advanced concepts and accept alien life as people. And we are also in dire need of their assistance. All of these things help indicate that it is time for us, for our neighboring advanced races to make themselves more openly known. Every world gets to this point in their early beginnings, but not all worlds have as much difficulty as we are having.

Our visiting races have been trying to open relations with our race for some time, but there have been some problems, most of which have been taken care of by the most advanced races visiting. One of those problems was a few of the races visiting Earth taking advantage of humans. But the largest problem we still have is our leading governments refusing diplomatic ties and creating propaganda against our visiting races.

In some way, they do, but only when necessary. There is an organization to space and the people who share it. There has to be. Those who are best able to mediate and help prevent any possible abuse are elected and respected by all of the advanced races in an area. Knowledge, abilities, experience and vastly advanced ability to travel make a particular race or races best suited. If we humans had a similar kind of organization on our own planet, nobody would ever be without medicine or food, and no leader could or would have to rage war on another country. There is nothing wrong with true leadership.

TheBandit mentioned how some people think that those of us who have personal alien experiences are related to their alien contacts. That is true. The relationship is by spirit from before our physical lives. Being related gives us an opportunity, but still "many" other factors play a role in whether a person accepts or progresses with his alien contacts. Most people who have contact never even know they do their whole lives. Few people progress to a point of working with their alien contacts on an advanced physical level of awareness.

[edit on 12-8-2004 by EarthSister]

u no, personaly, i think we should screw nasa, and learn about the ocean, and learn about how we can make underwater habbitats (over population, any one?). And when we finish learing EVERYTHING about our planet, then lets go to mars

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Only saw a mantoid once.You believe in Greys,then what is so strange about the Mantis type? Ancients they were called,for I think they were first here. There have been a few reports about them.
But lets make this easy for you.make fun of the reptoids or amphiboids.
Chupas and dinosauroids are being spotted in South America. Yeah,it is just hilarious isn't it? We can pay any monkey to make fun of things.And I see they got the Bargain Basement price here....

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Only saw a mantoid once.You believe in Greys,then what is so strange about the Mantis type? Ancients they were called,for I think they were first here. There have been a few reports about them.
Chupas and dinosauroids are being spotted in South America. Yeah,it is just hilarious isn't it? We can pay any monkey to make fun of things.And I see they got the Bargain Basement price here....

Sorry, don't beleive in Greys, so it's easy for me to make fun of any type of aliens I guess.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Sorry, don't beleive in Greys, so it's easy for me to make fun of any type of aliens I guess.

EXCUSE ME?? URE ON A ALIEN DISCUSSION AND U DUNT BELIEVE IN GREYS?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeon10101110

Octopuses are very intelligent animals. I have heard that they have shown observational learning which was considered absent in low animals like mollusks. Some mammals don't even show observational learning. They also have very keen senses, can detect gravity, etc. So they can learn plus they have keen senses. If they ever evolved onto land, they'll be way more intelligent than us. Our existence is preventing such animals to evolve on the land.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join