It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What aliens might really 'look' like...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There are so many 'sightings' of aliens that look very humanoid, with the oval shape eyes and big heads etc...but wouldn't aliens look totally different from humans? I have read that they would have evolved under different circumstances to humans etc., so obviously would look completely different to us. Take a look at these links below for more ideas/info about this. I once saw a few diagrams and drawings of possibilities of how they could look...I forget the sight though, does anyone know it?

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.space.com...

PS - there's another interesting link I found here, about aliens spying on us in our solar system:

www.space.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The alien races all look different, but still look like people. Many are shorter than we are, have gray skin, large heads and black eyes. But many are vastly different from the familiar description. They are all people, but with different DNA race to race. Their bodies are made of the elements of their home worlds, and their biology is unique to their own worlds, same as us.

Some of my drawings of my own alien contacts are on my site.

www.TheProjectAtEarth.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Don't want to sound rude, but how do you know these things?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevvosa

I know the aliens.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthSister

I know the aliens.

How?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

Originally posted by EarthSister

I know the aliens.

How?

I would also like to know how?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think that as humans, when we create aliens for movies etc. we always tend to incorperate the humanoid shape into them. This gives them a relativity to us in a way. True alien species can look like nothing we have ever seen, or very familiar. The universe is a pretty big place.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

How?

Check in the archives and you'll a topic earthsister started. She doesn't have to explain it in every thread she posts in..

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bzap
I think that as humans, when we create aliens for movies etc. we always tend to incorperate the humanoid shape into them.

Exactly! Also its cheaper for the producers of those movies to make humanoid aliens. Look at Star Trek, a little make-up here and there, and you have aliens!

I agree, aliens would look nothing like us, why would they?

Our ancestors survived and so we are here today the most intelligent life on earth. What if some other species had kept evolving to become the most intelligent, would it have a human form?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
why cant we have ufos come and visit us from little tiny 1 coin size ufos that have 200 little aliens inside ?

fed up of all these aliens comming to see us that look like us and are roughly our size when in just the life on this planet , the only thing roughly our shape and size are monkeys - every other form of life is different

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ichthyosaur/Reptile

Dolphin/Mammal

Shark/Chondrichthyes

Here are three different animals the evolved the same basic shape even though they are completely different classes of animals that evolved millions of years apart from each other. Some Aliens might be more like us then we think.

The basic humaniod shape might just be really well suited for intellegent creatures.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Exactly! Also its cheaper for the producers of those movies to make humanoid aliens. Look at Star Trek, a little make-up here and there, and you have aliens!

Hehe...Star Trek simply does something weird with a human nose to create a "new" alien species,
Make it bumpy, give it slits, give it little ridges, make it hairy, etc.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The reason people beleive aliens look similiar to humans is becuase we want them to. We feel that right now we are the top of the food chain and we are the best that any species can get. So if there was to be another race of beings out there with the capabilites to travel here and make contact, well, they must be highly evolved like us. So we give them human attributes, like eyes, nostrils, ears, etc...all because we use them on a daily basis. If we use them, why wouldn't they be used on another lifeform?

To me it's also due to the fact that humans fear the unkown. People fear what they don't know, so to make aliens more likeable in their mind, they make them less unkown. If you were shown 2 different aliens, one with 2 arms, 2 legs, a pair of feet and hands, eyes, ears, and a nose and then show them one with no arms and legs, no human facial features, perhaps a jellyfish like body with tentacles and it dripped goo, which one would you gravitate towards? My money is on the humanoid version. We create the version that will be most appealing cause we don't want to fear it. Religion has done the same thing to God. It gave him a long white beard, and a flowing white robe and put him atop a cloud looking down on us. It's all the same.

I looked at the pictures on Earthsisters website and just had to shake my head. I respect her and her views, but have to leave it at that with no evidence to support any of these claims.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
lol yeah

if i picture of god(out on a limb on his existance never mind a pic of him) was ever taken and he was a huge evil looking demon like creature with claws and gnarly teeth i wonder how many people would still worship him

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead
lol yeah

if i picture of god(out on a limb on his existance never mind a pic of him) was ever taken and he was a huge evil looking demon like creature with claws and gnarly teeth i wonder how many people would still worship him

Ha!
Converting people to God by using fear tactics would take on a whole new meaning

[edit on 9-8-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I agree.Earthsister is another phoney.The Grey depictions are close enough,but they are so common,everbody can copy them. Still,they do not show what i have seen. No nose.Talons for feet,and the eyes,without the disks,reminds me of an alert ,cunning animal.
Always solemn,wise aliens. What do they do for a good time Eartsister? You are so familiar with them you said. How about sex games and masquerades?
The rest,pencil color drawings. Like me you cannot get any photos? They do not pose for me.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stgeorge
I agree.Earthsister is another phoney.The Grey depictions are close enough,but they are so common,everbody can copy them. Still,they do not show what i have seen. No nose.Talons for feet,and the eyes,without the disks,reminds me of an alert ,cunning animal.
Always solemn,wise aliens. What do they do for a good time Eartsister? You are so familiar with them you said. How about sex games and masquerades?
The rest,pencil color drawings. Like me you cannot get any photos? They do not pose for me.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by stgeorge]

So I am led to beleive you've had a personal encounter? Care to elaborate?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

How?

Check in the archives and you'll a topic earthsister started. She doesn't have to explain it in every thread she posts in..

That's fair enough but if someone states that they know something they should at least explain a bit of it themselves.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Not to defend Earthsister, but she may be totally right about her aliens, or HARAK might be right with his strange thread in the space exploration forum. We don't know, and we can't even make an accurate judgement on whether those aliens exist or not, based on our own experiences and even our science.

But there's another thing. Earthsister will probably never be able to offer complete proof, especially on a webpage. This has been mentioned at times here on ATS. People find it safe an comfortable to sit on the fence and not dip their toenail in the pond. If she shows pictures, people here will definately cry photoshop, or say that it's mattel dolls or something like that. She shows video's and they will cry that it's digital imaging. IMO there are just as much reasons for humanoid aliens to exist than for weird blobby gelatin like creatures to exist. We have both on our own planet. We still don't have the slightest idea on how an alien planet would look like, in what circumstances extraterrestial creatures would evolve and/or become intelligent. Nothing, nada, zilch when you talk about mundane ways.

There are aother ways which are accesible to every single person on the planet and which can be learned, if a person is geniunely interested in finding out more about ET's or other similar stuff. Whether these ways work or not is not even an issue. As more fencesitters dip their toenail in the pond and really examine these kinds of ways by doing it themselves, and not studying third party subjects, we might be able to find out more about aliens, and similar stuff... and not bash people like Earthsister or Harak (even though Barak hasn't posted evidence for his claims yet), because of something that we wouldn't have the slightest idea about. (Personal) proof (of alien existence or none existence, and of similar phenomena) is personal and hanging in front of your nose like a carrot, but you are blind for orange colored, cone shaped objects.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

That's fair enough but if someone states that they know something they should at least explain a bit of it themselves.

What's the use??? Do you know how many times I have to explain something sometimes and people either ignore it or still don't get it???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join