It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Examination into the Human Condition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Examination into the Human Condition

“The culmination of our history, on its surface reflects a race that is tragically consumed by war, conflict, inequality, chaos and strife.” ~ TheOneElectric

At this moment and every other present moment, we currently stand at a crossroad. Humanity is beginning to transcend the limitations of energy of this planet which is ultimately confined to the sustainability of the environment that incubates and nurtures our souls. In order to create an appropriate future, we must look to the past to understand what this quantum entanglement of souls, or simply humanity, really is and its connection to the ‘mother of ten thousand things,’ mother earth.

The Source

The source of each individual’s reality is the majestic and ever mysterious brain. What we see, feel, hear and smell, are not in fact in front of us but a complex interpretation of the subconscious and conscious brain and the mind. These two components of the brain are essentially made up of inherit traits and essentially the sum of all biological (which includes inherit traits), social and psychological components of a person’s experiences (note that a person’s experiences are not necessarily “REALITY” but an interpretation of which). Essentially, each individual human is a biopsychosocial creature of infinite complexity.

Biopsychosocial

Biopsychosocial essentially sums up the entire human experience in three very general categories but very accurately define who an individual is and ultimately the quantum consciousness of humanity that is ever pervasive on this planet.

*NOTE GOING FORWARD – Understand that each category has the ability to influence the other categories to an infinite degree where negative factors tend to perpetuate negative factors and positive factors perpetuate positive factors. Essentially a form of karma that which may or may not be the person’s fault but can be overcome with appropriate protective factors. The Baldwin effect also states that our current experiences also may have an effect on future offspring that processes you learned in your life may be easier for them to learn (whether or not this is free from direct influence I don’t know, the text I read on it didn’t go deeply into it). Also a Nobel prize winner proved that there are changes in our brain structure as a result of learning and thinking.

Quick Summaries

Biological

Essentially every single nutrient you take in has a perpetuating effect on everything from your mood to your physical health which perpetuates to other categories. There has been a study that Genetically Modified foods affect the genetic structure of cells by changing proteins. The stomach also holds a lot if not the most serotonin receptors in the body which regulate mood disturbances.

Psychological

Every single thought in your mind has the potential to ripple effect into the future and magnify that very thought. One amusing study I have read is where students read an article with spelling mistakes and were much more likely to reproduce the exact same spelling mistakes in the future. Essentially negative thoughts will reinforce negative thoughts and effect the rest of your system (bio and socially).

Social

Social implications are huge and are possibly the least controllable influence on a human being but have a huge impact on personality as many personality disorders are based on factors precipitated by social factors.

All three of these categories are infinitely complex and the area of Psychology (I will only talk about this because it is the only one I have knowledge of but there is also other fields that deal with these issues) attempts to define actions, behaviours and issues that are created out of the interactions between these three categories.

What does this mean?

Essentially every single thought or action can have a massive effect on our futures thus influencing other people’s futures. It is my belief that the current state of the world is highly representative of the biopsychosocial traits that are in each of us, the sum of our very being past, present and potentially future.

Since our brain is a sponge that catalogues are experience (although very flawed and subject to perception), many conflicts begin to appear as the ego tries to create a balance between the super ego (higher moral power) and the ID (the underlying drives for self-satisfaction). These conflicts are nurtured by being exposed to the conflicts created by others or misinterpretations of other people’s actions and other biopsychosocial traits. The conflicts that are within our minds can essentially be projected onto our world with almost infinite consequence as you move down through time. All the vices and virtues that can be categorized within man can define the current state of the world and each and every single religion attempts to deal with these conflicts. Understand that religion is created essentially by man and is perpetuated by man so is within itself imperfect and not the source of reality, it is just a subsection that the human quantum consciousness.

Alternative Theory of Religion

If perception of reality is within each individual and the sum of these perceptions of reality make up the quantum consciousness that has created every single aspect of reality (reality that can be interpreted by humanity and summing up to our present reality) then can God be defined as this single infinitely complex soul or consciousness that has created the past, present and future (can be arguably said to be “our destiny” based on the flaws inherited within the brain, and composition of man?).

When we pray to God, are we truly praying to this quantum consciousness to extend an arm to our wishes? Praying in fact influences our subconscious minds. Praying en mass at a religious centre (eg. Church) alters the subconscious minds of many individuals which exerts an even more massive influence on the world by altering one of the three essential categories that compose humanity?

If the individual mind has conflicts within, then the quantum consciousness has conflicts within, God has conflicts within and thus “# happens”? But sometimes, when we pray we actually subconsciously ‘brainwash’ ourselves to go out of our way (even though subtly) to achieve the means to an end, and possibly on a subconscious level people who are within are immediate contact of reality have an understanding of this and help you? Why is it the planets align in our lives just perfectly? Why is it sometimes that everything that could possibly go wrong, goes wrong? Without a doubt it contains a factor from our subconscious minds.

“What you are the world is, & without your transformation, there can be no transformation of the world.” ~ J. Krishnamurti

Going Forward

To address the conflict that resides within humanity, we must first address and console the very heart of the conflict which lies within ourselves. It is impossible for us to achieve a state of complete bliss in this life for our biology will regulate any means whether it is the use of drugs (and the subsequent slip of mood OR numbing of the drug/moods) OR the mass consumption to satisfy the empty wholes within our souls OR even the most ridiculous one I heard which involves putting an electrode in the reward centre of the brain (forget what it is called) and stimulating it creating infinite pleasure (there are rat trials where the rat would press the leaver indefinitely just to experience that pleasure again). This drive does nothing but damage the human consciousness by simply attempting to put band aids on a tumour.

Remember, removing the bad will not help you fill these holes unless the bad is overpowering. The true solution is to understand the root of our fears and subconscious self-destructive drives and fill ourselves with the Truth that is good. This good will cleanse your soul and radiate onto others. Cleanse your highest power, the mind, with healthy foods (a large natural breakfast will do wonders for your health), physical activity, positive social interaction, positive thinking, praying and meditation, volunteering your time and challenging the heart of fear and addiction itself.

We are all on a magnificent journey that ends with a mysterious and irrational death, could you not say that fear and addiction are also irrational because they blind you to the magnificence of the journey and bring you closer to death?

“Knowing others is wisdom;
Knowing the self is enlightenment.
Mastering others requires force;
Mastering the self needs strength.

He who knows he has enough is rich.
Perseverance is a sign of will power.
He who stays where he is endures.
To die but not to perish is to be eternally present.”
~Lao Tsu, Tao Te Ching

~Stay tuned for possible future analyses!
~Please let me know of any areas that need revision, I am extremely time limited on this
~Thank you for reading!
~Please give me your thoughts, insights, opinions and ideas so I can learn more!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'd recommend the book, or series of lectures, by Aldous Huxley called "The Human Situation." It's a great read.
Where do you think I got my signature from?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I will take a look into it. I am very busy with school atm but through researching some of Aldous Huxley's books I have become really interested and will definitely read some of his books (including the one you mentioned) in the future.

So far I have only read A Brave New World which was a great read.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'll break it down for you - genetic engineering, and the soul that ceases to fit within its mutated body.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I am assuming you are referring to the book "The Human Situation"?.

I don't really understand how genetic engineering really factors into this conversation xD.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The reason is the ego, it distorts all of our natural systems and brings us out of equilibrium - those caught up in the "dellusion" become insane due to all the "knowledge" that they acquire of what is happening in the "clockworks" of the human mind and emotional system.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
The reason is the ego, it distorts all of our natural systems and brings us out of equilibrium .

What basis do you have to make that claim?
Everyone has an ego and for the most part their "natural systems" function extremely well.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

In the sense of being egotistical, then yes, it is apart of everyone, however, what I am specifically referring to, is a specific mind-construct, an artefact of the "system" that has the ability to channel our pre-existing emotions into control signals, and feed it into the entity of the mind that is controlled by the entity known as the "ego".

Not all are as possessed by the ego as others, there is a certain kind of "I am" that delludes many people, you would be surprised, although you might be connected to your being, many people are no more than minds, their astral connections, and even thier emotions are non-existant, replaced with "feelings" but without a true sense of interconnectedness, or empathy.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The ego definitely has a huge effect on the human body. I would consider the ego as part of the mind and brain which regulates between the Superego and Id. The superego is mostly composed of moral good while the Id is just pure immediate self gratification.

The ego attempts to regulate these and outside as well as inside factors (biopsychosocial) can create conflicts that the ego attempts to fix using defense mechanisms.

By releasing these conflicts and accept that the self is an illusion and all that exists in the eternal one that is, you release all the cravings that are created by the ID and sustained by an imbalanced ego and move towards the superego or even "closer to God" which is.

top topics

join