It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retirement community to tenants: Stop growing pot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Retirement community to tenants: Stop growing pot

www.dailycomet.com

The World War II veteran and stroke sufferer smokes the drug to alleviate debilitating nausea and is one of about 150 senior citizens on this sprawling, 18,000-person gated campus who belongs to a thriving — and controversial — medical marijuana collective operating in the middle of one of the largest retirement communities in the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.growswitch.com
www.drugfree.org

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
These folks have worked their whole life. They are trying to live out the rest of there lives pain free. I don't think these retired folks would use medication with such a stigma unless it works. They seem to be reporting wonderful results.

WARNING: I do not advocate the use of any illegal drugs, just reporting the story.

Please, If you choose to reply remember the "TOS" rules.

*TAN has very strict rules on this topic.

Thanks in advance...

www.dailycomet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

The way things are going, if we do not legalize the green stuff, we'll be calling prisons, retirement homes.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I see no issues with marijuana other than what people can do with pretty much anything; abuse it.
It's simply grown. Not "processed", cooked or otherwise "manufactured".
It's medical applications are astounding as well as its commercial hemp offerings.
Why this plant is a category schedule one drug is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Let them do whatever they want
It's their bodies
And if the pharmaceutical industrial complex has too many side effects and with this they don't then I really do not see any problem whatsover, perhaps smell but that's it.

Get some lysol and febreeze or something like that

I understand if smell makes people uncomfortable, that is a legit complaint, and it can be dealt with

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Only one thing to do.

Send SWAT to kick in doors, shoot dogs and throw the geriatric felons to the ground.

God bless America.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Only one thing to do.

Send SWAT to kick in doors, shoot dogs and throw the geriatric felons to the ground.

God bless America.

Sir you forgot to mention that they WILL BE ALLOWED TO USE TASERS as the senior citizens will obviously pose a life threatening situation upon the officers. I assume they will also bring the K9 units incase the senior citizens decide to make a run for it....!

Hey we all remember this right...so its not as if it wont happen.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My Grandad’s brother is literally in his last hours at a cancer hospital in pain and suffering.
What I would give to offer him a J without being, outcast, vilified, looked down upon and probably prosecuted.

Its killing me to see it, when are we going to wake up and see the good that nature provides us.

Patent or not.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Good for the retirees!

If they're in pain, they have every right to seek out relief.

Marijuana is probably the least dangerous pain relieving drug they could be using.

All I can think of is how much medication most older people are on nowadays, and how many millions, if not billions, of dollars are going into the greedy pharmaceutical industry.

If they are replacing their prescribed pain relief medicines with marijuana, no wonder TPTB are mad! They are losing a fortune.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This makes me really, really sad. If the community directors took away an old person's tacklebox of pharmaceutical pills theyd be tried for attempted murder.

But because these people's medicine is grown in the ground instead of manufactured in a factory the dicretors can take medicine away from elderly people who need it for pain relief, appetite stimulant and the general increase in happiness that comes with marijuana.

I understand not wanting to bring in criminal elements but lets get serious, no ones grandma is running a million dollar grow op.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
This makes me really, really sad. If the community directors took away an old person's tacklebox of pharmaceutical pills theyd be tried for attempted murder.

But because these people's medicine is grown in the ground instead of manufactured in a factory the dicretors can take medicine away from elderly people who need it for pain relief, appetite stimulant and the general increase in happiness that comes with marijuana.

I understand not wanting to bring in criminal elements but lets get serious, no ones grandma is running a million dollar grow op.

Your painted a mental picture of a grandma sipping lemon tea and guess who her grandson would be, yep, Tony Montana

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
error 404

edit on 16-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In the end, the association has the right and authority to make such regulations... Hell, they can tell you where you can and can't park, what color you may or may not paint your home (YOUR home,) and even whether or not you can throw a late night party on your own property.

Granted, anyone who legitimately needs the medication can - and should - file a suit to have the medical exemption legally established. This is not rocket science.

But in the end, this is about the pervasive power of propaganda. I am willing to wager that most (if not all) of the members of the association are of an age to have been endlessly treated to the falsehood-packed media productions regarding the plant's "evil" nature.

-----
Off topic: I want to point out that was able to comment without talking about 'personal use' or 'advocacy for legalization.'.... I know you can too.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Very Funny...

That's exactly what I am trying to avoid...

I knew if any group of people could have a respectful conversation,

It would be "ATS". I really appreciate the well thought out replies...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
*Note to Mod...

I was not sure where to put this.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
error 404

edit on 16-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

Well I tried.....

I did everything I could think of to stay in the rules...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Only one thing to do.

God bless America.

Sir you forgot to mention that they WILL BE ALLOWED TO USE TASERS as the senior citizens will obviously pose a life threatening situation upon the officers. I assume they will also bring the K9 units incase the senior citizens decide to make a run for it....!

Especially if the senior uses a cane they would be considered armed. Might just have to shoot them then.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

These are not kids we are discussing.

At what age do people that worked their entire life get to make their own decisions?

How can anyone tell these people what to do?

What some people choose to care about...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Only one thing to do.

God bless America.

Especially if the senior uses a cane they would be considered armed. Might just have to shoot them then.

oh yeah..i mean an 80 year old raising the cane to an officer is a direct threat to the officers life and Homeland Security should be notified asap...!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

These are not kids we are discussing.

At what age do people that worked their entire life get to make their own decisions?

How can anyone tell these people what to do?

What some people choose to care about...

No matter how they visually look they need to be arrested and taken to the local hospital for a D.N.A. analysis to verify their age. Its not that i doubt and 80 year old woman or man is what she claims to be, but you simply never know if he or she is wearing a disguise. Something like what T.S.A. does when patting down 6 year old girls in the event they have an rpg hiding under their skirt...you simply never know who and what age these international terrorists are....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join