It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vancouver fans riot in the streets after loss of Stanely Cup to Bruins

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There was some good highlights of the riot

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by testtubebaby
reply to post by seeker11

Vancouver is such a hole.

No it isn't I take great offence at this- second most voted beautiful city in the world!!!!- you obviously haven't even set foot there!!!!

I hope the police start opening fire and start putting some of these people down. There are kids and families out there who are caught up in this mess.

Tasering has been done to the extent that some police officers are under investigation- remember the Polish guy who got killed through being tasered at Van airport...so they are under strict instructions over tasering and have their hands tied!!!

Hockey is the crappiest sport thats why only North America plays it. Boring and pointless.

Doh?...what an idiot you are....its a fantastic sport...kids grow up with it and aspire to be great hockey players...it keeps them off the streets...we have low crime rates!!!...its as exciting as watching football...Yes you are entitled to your opinion but it's abit narrow minded of you to say its crap and pointless...what a stupid statement......

I dont like the police but I hope tomorrows paper reads of some of these fans being hospitalized by the police.

It really wasn't that bad compared to rioting in UK and other parts of the world...yes unaccceptable just like any where else

Scum for rioting over a idiots game in Vancouver. Im happy Vancouver got pasted!!!!
edit on 15-6-2011 by testtubebaby because: (no reason given)

Another stupid quote...yes we got pasted...so what? we deserved to because the Boston Bruins played better than we did...most of us are grown up enough to realise that...it's just the dumb few that decided to go on the streets and do that....it happens all over the world,...but Please don't trounce Cnadain people or Vancouver...

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My quotes are in between yours above which i felt justified...I resent you saying Vancouver is a hole...and as said the cops can't taser because some are under investigation for over tasering...To me on the surface yes it looked like the stupid few had to take things too far...BUT I have seen worse in UK and other parts of the world....
To say Hockey is pointless when loads of kids aspire to become great hockey players from an early age...playing it on the streets and keeping out of trouble...we have one of the lowest crime rates in the world and also the fittest kids.
They would rather be into hockey than stuffing themselves with burgers in front of a computer...not to mention the Skiing, lacrosse etc....
And as for Vsancouver being a hole...second most beautiful city on the world...pah!

you pillock!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hockey is the greatest sport in the world and it's a damn shame this happened because rioting goes against everything the game of hockey stands for.

For those who don't watch hockey you probably believe it's all about fighting and brutality and you would be wrong.

I'm sorry for the good people of Vancouver that have to suffer because of the actions of a few idiots but I also have to place some blame on the police. I read this morning that the police were not expecting anything like a riot so they weren't prepared for it. If they would have had a mass showing of police then this would be a non issue.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
End of the word, they lost a game ... it is life after all? SIGH.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
WOW!!

You mean that this could happen
some where else besides an American city!
What a surprise!!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well, as a vancouverite this is embarassing. Last night I did want to go downtown and see the riot, but not participate thats just #ing dumb (maybe snap a few photos, sell it to the press, etc....)
Anyways, I mean are you guys that big of sorry losers?
First off, you don't even play hockey "You" or "We" didn't lose, the Canucks lost, we didn't, you didn't contribute to them in anyway ( well, maybe you made our city look like # and our populace look like retards...... )
Second, you destroyed our perfectly beautiful city.
Third, you bunch of drunken retards just want an excuse to get angry and violent. 110% guaranteed if the Canucks won, there would've also been a riot. People just want to act like idiots.

Also, I'm going to blame about 20% of this on the media. Last night I was down at the beach, and a random person comes up and starts talking to us. really nice, and we start talking about the Canucks and the riot. And he said something that really struck me, as being true. He said,

"Why would the media show footage of people rioting back in 94. Thats putting the idea in the head of people now, and "encouraging" more people to riot".

You know, he's probably onto something.
# the media, and # the son of a bitch rioters.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day
There was some good highlights of the riot

Is it just me, or did this guy just get his balls blown off?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't particularly blame the mindless sheep for being brainwashed. It's just an indoctrination from birth for many, to idolize and feel some false connection to a sports team, for which they honestly have no connection whatsoever.

This is what they want, they want people to care about useless crap, they want them to get excited about it, they want them to riot about it. As long as the masses aren't holding signs demanding more rights, they're happy.

Don't be ridiculous and say the people bring this on themselves, Profession Sports is a religion, children are taught to worship from infant to incontinent. As soon as people realize all religion is bad, we'll have this.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

It has more to do with morons, than alcohol and sports.... Next door the club was packed with drunk canadians, you know what happened there after the game? A few people went outside and shouted a few swears, the jukebox got turned on, and they went back to having a good time. They didn't go on a rampage.....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I predicted this last night ....... win or lose, there was gonna be a riot.

No doubt about that. Any excuse to get a riot going is a good one from what I see.

It's too bad too, they only make themselves look bad. No class at all.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
double post
edit on 16-6-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Try watching this

www.youtube.com...

this

www.youtube.com...

and this

www.youtube.com...

and then tell me how you feel about things

Jools x

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

lol...Im right there with you. Come to a philly game (any team) and you will see some of the worst sort. Of course had this happened in town the police would have been cracking skulls like ripe melons.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I also expected this to happen, knowing the power of Canadian hockey fanaticism. The same thing happened when we took the Gold in the Olympic games. Toronto burst apart at the seems, there were burning cars and fights and riots.

You can rest assured that Canadian cities will think twice before they allow fans to congregate in public places again. No need to bring "police state" into the discussion. There have been such things as soccer riots, football riots, and the like. Its the nature of competitive sports, as well as the nature of large crowds.

Personally, i think its hilarious. I was pretty pissed about the game, and i dont even follow hockey. I can only imagine how thousands of drunk fans in the streets of vancouver would feel.

Lol @ people talking about brainwashing, NWO, and police state. Get your head out of the gutter
edit on 16-6-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Nature of competitive sports? So the nature of sports is to beat your fellow man just because your team got their ass kicked? Right ... I had no idea sports was so important. I'll tell you what it really is, the nature of idiocy.

EDIT: oh yeah, now days people beat people even if they win

edit on 16/6/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hmm...so 3 cars are burned and you are suddenly jumping on the government needs to control us bandwagon? I think the psy-ops have worked. Not that it necessarily is a pys-op, I attended Ohio State university so I know a thing or two about riots, but 3 cars being burned, that's hardly a riot. Now in Greece, that's another story.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Hmm...so 3 cars are burned and you are suddenly jumping on the government needs to control us bandwagon? I think the psy-ops have worked. Not that it necessarily is a pys-op, I attended Ohio State university so I know a thing or two about riots, but 3 cars being burned, that's hardly a riot. Now in Greece, that's another story.

Is this aimed at me? To be clear I was being sarcastic. It is the perfect excuse to bring in more government/police control however, wouldn't you agree?

Such a shame a few idiots ruin it for the rest of everyone.

By the way 3 cars being burned, 150 injuries, 3 stabbings, one man in critical condition, an entire hospital running with insufficient staff due to transit being shut down, stores being looted, windows smashed, not exactly a walk in the park.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

We consider ourselves "civilized" but chaos lurks just below our very thin skin. Just imagine if something big went down... like Alien visitation..

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
i knew it was gunna happen too...It almost always does.

Exactly. When the Lakers won here the cholos all rioted downtown.

When they lost, there were riots also.

I dont think it has so much to do with intelligence, I think it has more to do with the way people behave when they get drunk. Some people become silly, some become aggressive and violent. When you pair aggressive drunk people with the power of the mob, they become like animals.

Its sad really, because you see how quickly society can break down when given the chance, and the right mix of ingredient. Imagine what happened in Vancouver but on a National level, and you are looking at the imminent future. The only thing we need is some major catastrophe (earthquake etc) to set it off.

What I found interesting about Vancouver is that there were a large amount of women who were joining in, smashing storefront windows, looting hand bags and makeup. Generally its a bunch of testosterone filled young men.... Whats this world coming to?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join