It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vancouver fans riot in the streets after loss of Stanely Cup to Bruins

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
thats the state of the world right now, some people trying to be relevant by doing this kind of thing, their life has no meaning in their minds

to defend others or its rights, nobody does anything, but because of a game? you gotta be kidding, with the amount of videos out there, a lot of people can get raped in jail ... lets hope for it

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IWANT2B3LI3V3
Oh ya you guys gotta see the mentality of the inbreds there check this out.

Not sure if you can see the video, never embedded a vid before.

Here's the link just in case

www.youtube.com...

ftfy
edit on 16-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

I wasn't there, but I honestly believe the people who were rioting were not really Vancouver fans or even hockey fans, they were drunk a-hole idiots who used the event as reason to riot, these people come out for these things, protests too, just to mess s#$# up.

It's sad to see that the "Vancouver fans" are getting a bad image for this, because the past month of playoff hockey coverage showed who the fans really are, great people.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hi ATS long time lurker had to register as a Canadian I'm disgusted by this.
There are a couple of sites out there dedicated to finding the people who are publicly bragging about being there.

There is this one..

www.vancouverriots.com...

And this facebook group

www.facebook.com...

I really do hope they catch them, with so many phones with cameras now - how do they think they will get away with this?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
Why?? Why are people idiots and riot because of the loss of a game.
It's just a game! Things like this have to stop! All it does is prove that we need supervision by the police and government because we don't know how to behave ourselves.

Live Video
abclocal.go.com...

Unhappy Vancouver Canucks fans are taking out their anger downtown at losing the Stanley Cup to the Boston Bruins in Game 7, flipping at least two cars and burning another in a burgeoning riot.

www.news1130.com...

This really surprises me.
why?
Because in all the time I have been a hockey fan, I have never heard of hockey fans rioting. Soccer? Yes. Basketball? Yes. Football? Yep. I will point out this wasn't in the U.S. though I am sure it has happened here before. It is an embarrassment (sp?) to me as a hockey fan...seesh people...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
from another thread

Originally posted by avocadoshag
reply to post by Swills

This quote from Vancouver Police Chief Jim Chu:

He described the instigators as anarchists and criminals who appeared to be the same people involved in the pre-Olympic demonstrations and noted police saw many equipped with goggles, gasoline and other tools to create damage

And this from Mayor Gregor Robertson:

"They had a game plan that they carried out and it was very difficult to contain. This group was mobile. They split up. They had tools to start fires," said the mayor.

I don't know much about the instigators, whether they're an organized group with a name, or just a loose group of anarchists. They were prepared, no doubt about it, and they were there to riot, not watch a hockey game.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I knew this was gonna happen. It could have happened any where. Amerikkkan's riot over games as well. Along with Europeans and many other places in the world. People riot! Was it smart? NO! not at all but to attack a large group or country over a very small percentage of people is ignorance in itself.

Second. I'm a huge hockey fan, I love the sport and the many good things that come from it. It's a far more action pack, edge of your seat kind of game. That takes amazing skill. It's not like catching a ball or tackling some huge gorilla type wanna be gang banger. Tremendous skill is involved to control a puck and put it in the back of the net with six other guys putting their heart and body into stopping you.

Third it does suck that people will riot over a game and are far more hesitant to riot over oppression. Look at it though, the police are out in superior force when it comes to political issues then a sports game. TPTB look to oppress people who disagree. They don't care about a bunch of idiots during a sports game. Mainly because everyone is too preoccupied with what is not going on behind the scenes. As they plot their insidious plans against us.

Finally hats off to the Bruins. Yet I am disappointed that game seven was so boring. Especially since I get no more Hockey till October...
I so wish it would have been a close game and the Nucks wouldn't have choked.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
These things are always motivated by some deep seated prejudice or contention within the rioters, then other get caught up in the mod mentality. Look at all the riots in Europe over soccer, it's been found that almost everyone has a racial/discriminatory cause.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
And to think, the Canadians, and Canucks fans, should be used to losing. I mean, Canada WAS founded as a French Colony after all. And we know how awesome the French go at winning things. Even when they fight themselves........

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I am proudly Canadian and these people in Vancouver do not represent the Canada I love and believe in. The people who initiated the riots came with that intent win or lose. They do not represent us as a whole.

In regards to the win for Boston.... It would appear that Lord Stanleys cup will spend most of the year in Canada anyhow.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

This would have happend even if Vancover had won... Reports claim the first car fired was started with molotov cocktales... You don't bring incendiary devices to a public gathering unless you intend to incite a riot... It only takes a few to incite an alcoholic laced group of monkey's with the IQ's of a bucket of mud to stir up trouble... These so-called people were not fans of the sport but hooligans... There are literally thousands of pictures of the riot. So these morons will be dealt with... Makes me somewhat ashamed to call myself Canadian when things like this happen....

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I was thinking that myself..This reminds me of the guys from the G-8Summit, 2 yrs ago back east, guys in masks turned out to be Cops/ cia inciting riots in the streets to get the younger crowds going. I really wouldn't put it past them.

Mixing it in with Alcohol and possibly hi end adreneline pumping drugsNo, Big plasma tv screens in the streets, taking down barriers for game 7 and not having enough Police there, which found odd because they should have known the impact it would cause. I'ts a bloody mess downtown but as i've also noticed most people from the UK writing comments on the news paper there, think this is peanuts compared to Europe UK and other places.
But absolutely NOT an excuse to act like a group of drunken 13 yr olds having a major tantrum which is what happened.

No way to leave after the game, people have too much adreneline still, I really think the Police could have prepared much better for this like several weeks in advance, this was THE final Game. They knew better than
anyone this would probably happen, so why didnt prepare better. I for one wouldn't be caught dead in the streets after any kind of big game let alone the last one. I think maybe people depended too much on the City Organizers to have already had this covered making it safe for Everyone afterwards.

Well, atleast those who are able, and there are quite a few, will be helping to clean up the City and make it Beautiful again, just like it's name. Beautiful British Columbia, without the spoiled insolent brats looking to release their frustrations out on whatever came into contact with their face. This is the second time this has occured in 17 yrs. Not the usual for around here.

Originally posted by Novatrino
I just heard on the news that there was a small group of people who planned to create a riot no matter who won the game. and saw some video of these guys were waring masks that look familiar to the GUY FAWKES mask from "V". Has anyone considered the possibility that Canadian Intelligence created this mess to give more reason to shut down social sites. One of the first things that the media talked about for the cause of the riot was because of social sites. I find it funny that this is the first "Canadian" team the be in the finals for a few years, cause, you know, EVERY Canadian is a hockey nut!!! I truly believe there is a lot more to this riot than what is being made public. It just seems scripted and the timing could not have been any better than this! Especially when my neighbors to the south are going through the exact same issue with social sites as well.

Peace, Nova
edit on 16-6-2011 by Novatrino because: fixed it

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Volunteers of the 2011 Stanley Cup riot cleanup

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Rebuilding Vancouver

youtu.be...

Vancouver Wall of Forgiveness, Clean up Efford and Mayor Gregor June 16 2011
youtu.be...

After the Riots of Stanley Cup 2011 in Vancouver People citizens are putting efforts to help clean the city, here is some of the images of vancouver today.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

But this is something new I don't remember years ago people rioting over sports events.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thankyou for posting these, this is what the Real People of Vancouver are like!
This makes me proud.

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Volunteers of the 2011 Stanley Cup riot cleanup

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

But this is something new I don't remember years ago people rioting over sports events.

The same thing happened in Vancouver in 94 when the team lost a similar situation.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
And to think, the Canadians, and Canucks fans, should be used to losing. I mean, Canada WAS founded as a French Colony after all. And we know how awesome the French go at winning things. Even when they fight themselves........

I donno...didn't we whup the U.S. at hockey in the last Olympics? In Vancouver no less?
Seems to me that the French pulled yer arse outta the fire in your great war of independence as well. I think you need to examine who your friends really are.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

I have faith the majority of people have good souls, they just fly under the radar,

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatpiino

The same thing happened in Vancouver in 94 when the team lost a similar situation.

Go farther back, lol, I am old.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join