It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vancouver fans riot in the streets after loss of Stanely Cup to Bruins

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Apparantly that girl was actually stabbed and the guy is putting pressure on her wounds

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't blame all of Vancouver for the riots. I only blame the over excited ones that went to the game. And the ones that had too much to drink. Also I heard that there was a Bruins fan in the riots as well (At least a co worker of mine said he saw a pic of a guy in a Bruins Jersey participating) I know hearsay from a secondary source is not the ATS way.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk

Apparantly that girl was actually stabbed and the guy is putting pressure on her wounds

Her leg is wrapped around his, her hand is on his neck, and his lips are pressing against her face. If he is helping her tend to a stab wound he is doing a little more than first aid.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is not a big deal, greater things have happened after sporting events before and will in the future.
A strange society man has created that so much more effort and money is dumped into 'entertainment sports' than the sciences or the betterment of mankind in this world. It's a microcosm of values gone awry.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

He was obviously doing CPR!

That was the only positive picture I saw of that crapfest. I hope they didn't get trampled.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
YEAH...Lose the finale 4 - 0 and go riot and ruin your city...reaaallly smart. My local team lost the cup finale (football) 4-0 last summer....didn't even think of rioting.
These guys got their priorities all wrong, last time I took part in riots was to overthrow our government here in Iceland, it worked..those riots had a reason...this one...is stupid. These rioters best step up and repeat this if things start to go bad for their country..

One more question..what exactly were they trying to accomplish by doing this?
They will have to chalk this up as a double Loss..Boston won twice.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What an embarrassment.

I noticed in all the videos I saw that the perpetrators were all young adults. It seems that today's youth have no respect for anything. Destroying others property for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
Why?? Why are people idiots and riot because of the loss of a game.
It's just a game! Things like this have to stop! All it does is prove that we need supervision by the police and government because we don't know how to behave ourselves.

Live Video
abclocal.go.com...

Unhappy Vancouver Canucks fans are taking out their anger downtown at losing the Stanley Cup to the Boston Bruins in Game 7, flipping at least two cars and burning another in a burgeoning riot.

www.news1130.com...

No, it doesn't prove that we need more supervision. It proves we need NO supervision. The people of America have already lost their rights, and have no idea that they are being imprisoned by the satanic terrorist elite.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I just heard on the news that there was a small group of people who planned to create a riot no matter who won the game. and saw some video of these guys were waring masks that look familiar to the GUY FAWKES mask from "V". Has anyone considered the possibility that Canadian Intelligence created this mess to give more reason to shut down social sites. One of the first things that the media talked about for the cause of the riot was because of social sites. I find it funny that this is the first "Canadian" team the be in the finals for a few years, cause, you know, EVERY Canadian is a hockey nut!!! I truly believe there is a lot more to this riot than what is being made public. It just seems scripted and the timing could not have been any better than this! Especially when my neighbors to the south are going through the exact same issue with social sites as well.

Peace, Nova
edit on 16-6-2011 by Novatrino because: fixed it

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
What an embarrassment.

I noticed in all the videos I saw that the perpetrators were all young adults. It seems that today's youth have no respect for anything. Destroying others property for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Pathetic.

I don't know, I know a lot of youth who are very respectful and would never do something like this. I don't think it's fair to lump all the youth together. From the sounds of it this was a very small group of perpetrators who caused all this mess.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Hey if the Yankees lost to the Red Sox in the AL Division title, i would riot too

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
My favorite picture in all the facebook cowboys who helped assist in identifying the idiots.

www.facebook.com...

Thank you to many who helped clean up. Wish I could have made the trip down to help out,

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I just wanted to point out how brutal these riots can be....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

There is a lot of evidence already being complied from people's entries on social networking sites like Facebook that much of this was pre-meditated, and not actually 'hockey fans'.

In addition, literally hundreds of citizens showed up first thing this morning to help clean up. FAR more people helping to clean up than the handful of wanna-be anarchist highschool kids F'in ish up last night.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
How so we know that it wasnt provocateurs, it wouldnt be a first time.

There were people outfitted in obvious anarchist clothing, however the legal and heavily commercialized drug alcohol fueled much of the bravado and stupidity. That coupled with mob mentality is a dangerous mix. However it's interesting to wonder if the first shove were by provocateurs to help advance the notion that there needs to be a police state.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I tend to agree. Just like during the Olympics or the G20 meeting in Canada recently, agent provo's are likely in on the action. It only takes one or two. I suspect more and more that 'anarchists' are actually agent provocateurs.

And just like at the G20, the police just stood by and watched people torch cars, break windows, etc.

It's fascinating how a small group can incite many more to join in.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by testtubebaby

"Vancouver is such a hole.

I hope the police start opening fire and start putting some of these people down. There are kids and families out there who are caught up in this mess.

Hockey is the crappiest sport thats why only North America plays it. Boring and pointless.

I dont like the police but I hope tomorrows paper reads of some of these fans being hospitalized by the police.

Scum for rioting over a idiots game in Vancouver. Im happy Vancouver got pasted!!!!"

I live in Vancouver and I couldn't agree with you more.

The police should of made an example of one person and deter people from continuing. Honestly though the police had no control over the situation at all. They claimed they did but it sure as hell didn't seem like it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm a huge hockey fan, and was pretty surprised, and mildly amused, to hear about a riot in Vancouver, of all places. Maybe our regional American perception is a little off, but at least in Florida, we see our Canadian neighbors as very laid back, mellow people. A hockey riot seems completely out of character to us. Where did those folks think they were, Oakland after a football game? Any given European city after a soccer match?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What this shows...is the stupidity of mankind. People will riot over a game, but when it comes to REAL LIFE issues...they don't want to have anything to do with it! When it comes to illegal presidents...buildings being blown to smitherines..bank bailouts, illegal taxes, cops serving 11 month sentences for cold blood murder; people aint got nothing to say. Mankind should really look deep inside, and check themselves. This crap is WAY outta control! Nah, PEOPLE are waaaaay outta control. Get a friggin' grip already.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Oh ya you guys gotta see the mentality of the inbreds there check this out.

Not sure if you can see the video, never embedded a vid before.

Here's the link just in case

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join