It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Deadly Sins: Can you admit your flaws?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
The Seven Deadly Sins
Sloth
Wrath

Pride

These are my thoughts..
Pride, when inflamed, leads to violence and/or uncooperativeness.
Sloth leads to non-productivity

Wrath is unrighteous anger, and leads to violence
Sloth - Laziness and Procrastination are always something I try to fix and have trouble with in my everyday life

Can you admit your flaws?

Those are mine, I believe : Sloth, wrath and pride... So, I agree with you, and try to overcome these, my besetting sins..
Vicky

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Without a doubt...Lust, Gluttony, and Pride.

I love women. I like to look at women...I like to talk to women. I have a job that deals with mostly men...can't remember many of them...but I does remember the women...skinny perky women, curvy bouncy women, chunky corn fed women ...all in tight jeans and tank tops...love da summer time.

I love to eat...I love to cook. To me a good woman and a good southern soulful meal are almost religious experiences. Good slow cooked BBQ pork.... or BBQ chicken...maybe some slaw, taters, brunswick stew and hush puppies...good god almighty. Or how about some steamed shrimps, crab, fried flounder with Hot Sauce, Tarter Sauce, Sweet Iced Tea.... Lawd have Mercy...or fried chicken livers, creamed taters, gravy...bisquits....banana pudding...man, I'm gonna hurt myself.

Lastly...PRIDE...yup, I have NEVER asked for help....I only begged once in my life and that was to my first wife....I didn't like the taste it left in my mouth....I don't take charity of any sort and would rather go hungry than ask for any sort of help... and have done so. I don't back down and don't bow down.... stubborn and hard headed... but I made my own way in life and I love it.

Lust, Gluttony, and Pride... Yup, my downfalls...

I love your post! It was honest and fun and i think a good out look on life thank you so much for posting..

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

The Seven Deadly Sins
Sloth
Wrath

Pride

These are my thoughts..

Sloth - Laziness and Procrastination are always something I try to fix and have trouble with in my everyday life

Those are mine, I believe : Sloth, wrath and pride... So, I agree with you, and try to overcome these, my besetting sins..
Vicky

Thanks for posting Vicky..I dont look at any of this as sins as one poster said its just a speed bump in life

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

The Seven Deadly Sins

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride
For the most part, I agree that an excess of any of those "sins" have a high potential to lead to negative consequences....
These are my thoughts..
Gluttony leads to both health issues and to waste of resources
Greed leads to not sharing what one has with the community when the community needs it.
Lust is merely sexual greed, but it also breaks the normative pair-bonding which forms the central family structure, within which almost all pre-industrial societies frame their norms
And Envy leads to unjust mistreatment, theft, vandalism

Interesting thread cookie!
Sin by whose definition?
We are all human and subject to error.
I wont pick and choose because I think
that most people have experienced all
of the above to some degree.Some people
have better control than others. It's a matter
of self discipline.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Pride, wrath and a little bit of sloth mixed in for good measure, mostly lust, but that depends on how sloths going that day.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
To be quite frank, I have nailed all seven at one time or another, but the big ones are gluttony and wrath, at least for me.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Lust:I do lust after things and people.
Gluttony:I do eat too much.
Greed:Boy, do I want flags and stars.
Sloth:I can be lazy at times.
Wrath:I just had a episode because of one of my kids'.
Envy:See greed.
Pride:I have been accused of having a superiority complex.
All of these can and have been forgiven...
1.Confessing the sins.
2.Repenting of the sins.
3..Asking for forgiveness.
4.Washed by the blood of the Lamb of G-d.
5.Nailed to the cross!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Pride, wrath and a little bit of sloth mixed in for good measure, mostly lust, but that depends on how sloths going that day.

Thanks for your reply Suspiria,
Nothing wrong with a bit of lust or maybe even alot,Its that sloth you have to watch out for he is a real beast

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju
To be quite frank, I have nailed all seven at one time or another, but the big ones are gluttony and wrath, at least for me.

I think we have all nailed all seven at one time or another were onley human..Show me a good buffet and all about gluttony! thank for your reply

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Lust:I do lust after things and people.
Gluttony:I do eat too much.
Greed:Boy, do I want flags and stars.
Sloth:I can be lazy at times.
Wrath:I just had a episode because of one of my kids'.
Envy:See greed.
Pride:I have been accused of having a superiority complex.
All of these can and have been forgiven...
1.Confessing the sins.
2.Repenting of the sins.
3..Asking for forgiveness.
4.Washed by the blood of the Lamb of G-d.
5.Nailed to the cross!

Thanks for your reply mamabeth,that was nice of you..We all like those stars and flags and here is a star for your greed

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I've had pretty much all of them in my life but you know what? I'm gonna bring up another and say I'm proud of it because I'm human and we as humans commit each of the sins at least once in our lives anyway.

I don't get the point in trying to eschew them, if you have a terrible habit and take some of them too far and end up with a problem (addiction being the main one) then sure, get help but to be upset at committing a sin is to deny yourself.

As long as you have good intentions and love in your heart, that's all that matters.

(Just realised I probably made zero sense)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
I've had pretty much all of them in my life but you know what? I'm gonna bring up another and say I'm proud of it because I'm human and we as humans commit each of the sins at least once in our lives anyway.

I don't get the point in trying to eschew them, if you have a terrible habit and take some of them too far and end up with a problem (addiction being the main one) then sure, get help but to be upset at committing a sin is to deny yourself.

As long as you have good intentions and love in your heart, that's all that matters.

(Just realised I probably made zero sense)

Hi curious7,

I got your point
I don't consider any of this sins we all have done these things sometime in our life and i know in some small way i enjoyed doing it or i learned from something from them i call it life lessons ..And love in your heart,that is all that matters

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Lust - Has anyone wished to partake in sexual activity with a spouse?
Gluttony - Has anyone ever eaten too many sweets?
Greed - Has anyone wanted more friends? Or for interest rates to go up?
Sloth - Has anyone ever had a hard day at work and left dishes for the next day?
Wrath - Were people "angry" at Nazi Germany and it's movement in the last century? Was anger justified?
Envy - Have you ever wished you were more generous? Perhaps envious of someone's knowlege or books.
Pride - As a Brit, i am proud of the statement made by Churchhill:- "Never was so much owed by so many to so few"

Peace, and civility.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtheistAnonym

Lust - Has anyone wished to partake in sexual activity with a spouse?
Gluttony - Has anyone ever eaten too many sweets?
Greed - Has anyone wanted more friends? Or for interest rates to go up?
Sloth - Has anyone ever had a hard day at work and left dishes for the next day?
Wrath - Were people "angry" at Nazi Germany and it's movement in the last century? Was anger justified?
Envy - Have you ever wished you were more generous? Perhaps envious of someone's knowlege or books.
Pride - As a Brit, i am proud of the statement made by Churchhill:- "Never was so much owed by so many to so few"

Peace, and civility.

Thank your for your reply, and yes all of what you said is true ive been guilty of all of the 7 sins in one way or another i think we all have thats what makes us all human,I know im far from perfect and never will be

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join