It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Deadly Sins: Can you admit your flaws?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The Seven Deadly Sins

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride
For the most part, I agree that an excess of any of those "sins" have a high potential to lead to negative consequences....
These are my thoughts..
Pride, when inflamed, leads to violence and/or uncooperativeness.
Sloth leads to non-productivity
Gluttony leads to both health issues and to waste of resources
Greed leads to not sharing what one has with the community when the community needs it.
Lust is merely sexual greed, but it also breaks the normative pair-bonding which forms the central family structure, within which almost all pre-industrial societies frame their norms
Wrath is unrighteous anger, and leads to violence
And Envy leads to unjust mistreatment, theft, vandalism

Sloth - Laziness and Procrastination are always something I try to fix and have trouble with in my everyday life

Can you admit your flaws?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I will, Lust is my first considering I have two people fighting over me. (No joke)
Gluttony is my second, I'm one of these people that can consume a mountain and won't gain weight.
Greed, If I have money you're not getting any.
Sloth, I'm lazy a good 70% or the time.
Wrath, If I get angry enough, you'll probably end up on the story on the news about the person in the bottom of a ditch.
Envy, that's another one. I hate that people get the world while I suffer.
Pride, there is nothing to be proud of for me. So that is the only sin i'm not doing
edit on 15-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

With the exception of lust and pride, all of those "sins" are certainly damaging. However, we need lust to continue our race, and the idea that the Abrahamic religions give us that we should be ashamed of ourselves is absolutely disgusting and needs to be done away with.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think having flaws is the very thing that makes us human.

If it weren't for flaws wouldn't we be Gods?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Of course I can admit my flaws and what "sins" i have committed.
Will I, hell no.
Some of these I personally do not see as sin so why let or have someone else judge me.
That would be up to my God to do.
Sometimes it is a theraputic thing to swim in sloth and debauchery.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't see my sins as sins, just merely a bump in the road. Don't speed or you'll wreck the car.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
All of them!

Depends on what I feel like in the morning.

I'm human. Not perfect.

edit on 15-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

I will, Lust is my first considering I have two people fighting over me. (No joke)
Gluttony is my second, I'm one of these people that can consume a mountain and won't gain weight.
Greed, If I have money you're not getting any.
Sloth, I'm lazy a good 70% or the time.
Wrath, If I get angry enough, you'll probably end up on the story on the news about the person in the bottom of a ditch.
Envy, that's another one. I hate that people get the world while I suffer.
Pride, there is nothing to be proud of for me. So that is the only sin i'm not doing
edit on 15-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

Wow two people fighting over you must be very popular ive never had 1 person fight over me good luck with that

I can also eat like like its my last meal and not gain weight but i don't know how that will go as i get older..
Thanks for being so honest i like that

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There's a great book I suggest you all read.

It's called,

"The Seven Deadly Sins, For a Life worth Living"

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Same as most 7 out of 7.
Trying to work on it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Envy and Wrath are my top two, and not necessarily in that order. But I do try to get a handle on them...or rather the violence it can cause

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

With the exception of lust and pride, all of those "sins" are certainly damaging. However, we need lust to continue our race, and the idea that the Abrahamic religions give us that we should be ashamed of ourselves is absolutely disgusting and needs to be done away with.

Well there is plenty of lust going on in this world so i don't see our race dieing out anytime soon

I agree with you this should be done away with its impossible to live life trying to live up to any of this religion i know i cant do it..Thanks for your reply

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
There's a great book I suggest you all read.

It's called,

"The Seven Deadly Sins, For a Life worth Living"

I will have to look into that book..thanks for posting

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxNormal
Same as most 7 out of 7.
Trying to work on it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticpride
Envy and Wrath are my top two, and not necessarily in that order. But I do try to get a handle on them...or rather the violence it can cause

I think Envy and Wrath are the top 2 most would admitt to..thanks for posting..

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
I think having flaws is the very thing that makes us human.

If it weren't for flaws wouldn't we be Gods?

I agree none of us are without flaws..That why none of us are gods

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've always enjoyed the 7 deadly sin principal, though I've never been a religious person, I feel this little list is very applicable.

I remember, a great saying, "Vanity is the Devil's favorite sin."

Though they are definitely all capable of causing great wars and destruction, I see Vanity as the greatest of them all, as it's the Vice that allows good people to be influenced into bad people.

Cheers on the thread. I would have to say Lust and Pride are two that I am always trying to reach a balance with.

Lust has it's perks though, I tell ya.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
I've always enjoyed the 7 deadly sin principal, though I've never been a religious person, I feel this little list is very applicable.

I remember, a great saying, "Vanity is the Devil's favorite sin."

Though they are definitely all capable of causing great wars and destruction, I see Vanity as the greatest of them all, as it's the Vice that allows good people to be influenced into bad people.

Cheers on the thread. I would have to say Lust and Pride are two that I am always trying to reach a balance with.

Lust has it's perks though, I tell ya.

I always thought the 7 deadly sin principal was interesting i watched a doc about this not to long ago and found it amazeing,Im not a religious person either and never will be but i know a few people that are and try to live by the 7 deadly sin principal its something i could never do..
"Vanity is the Devil's favorite sin" funny you should say that my dad always use to say that it brought back memorys
Lust i think would be on the top of most peoples list hey were onley human

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Thank you for all your posts! stars for everyone

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Without a doubt...Lust, Gluttony, and Pride.

I love women. I like to look at women...I like to talk to women. I have a job that deals with mostly men...can't remember many of them...but I does remember the women...skinny perky women, curvy bouncy women, chunky corn fed women ...all in tight jeans and tank tops...love da summer time.

I love to eat...I love to cook. To me a good woman and a good southern soulful meal are almost religious experiences. Good slow cooked BBQ pork.... or BBQ chicken...maybe some slaw, taters, brunswick stew and hush puppies...good god almighty. Or how about some steamed shrimps, crab, fried flounder with Hot Sauce, Tarter Sauce, Sweet Iced Tea.... Lawd have Mercy...or fried chicken livers, creamed taters, gravy...bisquits....banana pudding...man, I'm gonna hurt myself.

Lastly...PRIDE...yup, I have NEVER asked for help....I only begged once in my life and that was to my first wife....I didn't like the taste it left in my mouth....I don't take charity of any sort and would rather go hungry than ask for any sort of help... and have done so. I don't back down and don't bow down.... stubborn and hard headed... but I made my own way in life and I love it.

Lust, Gluttony, and Pride... Yup, my downfalls...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join