It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green fluorescent pigs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
WOW....WTF is this ? Humanity has reached point of no return ..what is next ? Red elephants or blue fluorescent eagles ?

Taiwan researchers mixed seeds (genetic material) of pigs with seeds from jellyfish that glow in the dark ... to create truly green pigs! " They claim that while other researchers have created partly fluorescent pigs, theirs are the only pigs in the world is green and deep. The pigs are transgenic, created by adding genetic material from jellyfish into a normal

anti-ntp.blogspot.com...

edit on 14-6-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You ALL can use your imaginations and see where this genetics game shall go. Magneto anyone

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
green eggs & ham...mmmm.

now bring back the dinosaurs.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

I do not eat green eggs and ham I do not eat them Sam I am

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Here is a research article i found .........

Transgenic pig expressing the enhanced green fluorescent protein produced by nuclear transfer using colchicine-treated fibroblasts as donor cells

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...
PRODUCTION OF NUCLEAR TRANSFER-DERIVED SWINE THAT EXPRESS THE ENHANCED GREEN FLUORESCENT PROTEIN
www.informaworld.com...=all~content=a713614166

This was in news 5 years back...

China heralds year of the fluorescent green pig

Chinese scientists have successfully bred partially green fluorescent pigs which they hope will boost stem cell research, Xinhua news agency said. A research team at the Northeast Agricultural University in Harbin managed to breed three transgenic pigs by injecting fluorescent green protein into embryonic pigs, Xinhua quoted Professor Liu Zhonghua as saying.

News Source: www.msnbc.msn.com...

Taiwan breeds green-glowing pigs

Scientists in Taiwan say they have bred three pigs that "glow in the dark". They claim that while other researchers have bred partly fluorescent pigs, theirs are the only pigs in the world which are green through and through. The pigs are transgenic, created by adding genetic material from jellyfish into a normal pig embryo.

News Source: news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 14-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Fukushima piglets !? How cute but I ain't eating no glowing ham, sorry.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I will take the bacon extra glow please

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What kind of world do we live in where we can no longer trust the source of our food, the word of our government, and the overall agenda of all the people we ourselves put in place to keep our society in tact.
This really struck a nerve in me.
My bags are slowly being packed, I'm ready to head for the hills.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Just in time for the Movie "The Green Lantern"...silly people it is obvious that these are being used as his side kick in the movie.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I thought they were the green pigs from Angry Birds!!!
Seriously though this is disturbing news indeed. We need to stop this and go back to organic natural farming.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Environmentally Friendly Pigs Anyone?
Even newly converted Jews wouldn't be so green to consider these pigs Kosher.
Its a scary world.

top topics

join