It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weather modifacation does exist...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Did you guys ever consider that some weather modifications may be necessary?
What if it's for just testing possible man made weather changes to possibly try terraforming Mars?
Why is it the laymen's conviction that he MUST KNOW EVERYTHING the government is doing?
If you knew everything, then your possible enemies would know everything. When you play chess, do you tell your oponent exactly what you're planning?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Filmfeline

Well certainly the American farmers and ski resorts that pay for it think it's necessary

Terraforming another planet would involve rather more serious global climate modification - although I accept that just learning to better control rainfall would be a step in that direction.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

And those people who's rain you guys "take" are they being asked if that is oké? Because the rain you force to drop was supposed to fell somewhere else!

Are the people with solar panels asked if they want clouds?

Just wondering who decides who gets rain and who NOT? The Almighty Dollar? Or the politcal agenda?

I somehow think it is not " 10 acres Joe" ..
edit on 14-6-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Cloud seeding does not make clouds, in the same way that seeding a field does not make a field.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
And those people who's rain you guys "take" are they being asked if that is oké? Because the rain you force to drop was supposed to fell somewhere else!

Supposed to? Did God intend the rain the fall in a particular place? I think maybe "would have fallen elsewhere" might be more accurate.

That is something of an issue however, even trans border:

en.wikipedia.org...

The largest cloud seeding system in the world is that of the People's Republic of China, which believes that it increases the amount of rain over several increasingly arid regions, including its capital city, Beijing, by firing silver iodide rockets into the sky where rain is desired. There is even political strife caused by neighboring regions which accuse each other of "stealing rain" using cloud seeding.

It's not entirely clear though if it's even possible to to "steal" rain. Rainfall varies, and people like to blame the variations on something.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Well supposed or not, it wasn't gonna fell where they artificially forced it to.

And i do see it can be useful, I miss the debate on who is deciding those kind of things for who and what about the implications.. Lets say i like a desert , buy a desert property, and my rich , power-full neighbor decides he wants rain... and orders a plane.. Can they aim that well? And where can i cash my claims?

I think they like it being a little cloudy and misty up there... Not too many questions asked ..

It seems that everything is dusted away

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Uncinus

Well supposed or not, it wasn't gonna fell where they artificially forced it to.

And i do see it can be useful, I miss the debate on who is deciding those kind of things for who and what about the implications.. Lets say i like a desert , buy a desert property, and my rich , power-full neighbor decides he wants rain... and orders a plane.. Can they aim that well? And where can i cash my claims?

I think they like it being a little cloudy and misty up there... Not too many questions asked ..

It seems that everything is dusted away

Thats a moot point, because cloud seeding does not create clouds , no more than planting seeds created the soil they are planted in. Nor can you just create rain over the desert with cloud seeding either

It doesnt matter if you just want rain, seeding does not just create rain out of the sky. It already has to be raining. Not sure where you got the idea that cloud seeding can create rain, its trying to help the process along that is already causing the rain, and maybe get a little more out.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Tesla's "Earthquake machine" and "Weather Modification" aligned in the same speech should rise some suspicions in my opinion because

-besides from three letters
(e,a,r)-

"resonance frequency" and "weather" have nothing in common.

EDIT: unless you want to modify weather by resonance frequencies which would seem quite a complex (doubtfully effective) way.

edit on 14-6-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

That's a good question. There's an extensive overview of the history laws regarding weather modification, here:

www.rbs2.com...

It also includes relevant legal judgements that might cover some of your concerns. But there are several complex unanswered questions.

There's an overview of some proposed legislation here:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

edit on 14-6-2011 by Uncinus because: double post, sorry.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is kind of common knowledge. Just google "cloud-seeding".

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The video still implies earthquake events could be the result of HAARP. As I said it in other posts here in 2011 I think that is not possible due to the fact that enormous amounts of landmass would have to be moved, possibly nothing we presently have in electromagnetism could be enough to do that, only a bunch of hydrogen bombs. But then the effects would be unpredictable.

I have thought long over the possible effects of HAARP and apart from the above documented cloud seeding, I thin areas could be HEATED for a while - obviously, since it is a microwave device. An Australian friend I correspond on another board that knows more about the science background basically said that by bombarding a certain top layer of the atmoshphere they can theoretically create lens-like objects (not solid, mind you) which would act like when you light up something with the light from the Sun using a magnifying glass.

One possible such event could be the Russian drought and heat wave last year.

Another likely effect of experiments is mass power outages and surges (per Tesla).

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

It was a short video that had enough proof ,to simply state that weather modification can and does exist.

that was never in question.

If you want to sit there and criticize the info ,and say there isn't enough proof,well..you're just looking for something to debunk.

Like I said - insofar as weather modification has been used by the military (such as vietnam), it is certainly a "weather weapon" and "weather warfare" - so I agree those "exist"

He obviously didn't use all the resources of info out there....and by adding what Nikola worked on with emv ,over a 100 years ago ,he's basically saying,"what can they do NOW", considering the advancements of technology in the last 100 years.

He didn't actually say that tho - he didn't link Tesla to anything at all after that little interlude, and what has Tesla's vibration machine got to do with weather modification?

Perhaps if he's said "look at Langley's model a/c from the 1890's and see what they can do now" the relevance would be more obvious.

You really don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that they have the capabilities, and that they have been doing it for some time. There is a lot of info out there on this stuff.

Certainly there is - and it's not secret, it's not done from airlienrs at high altitudes, it is detectable and thus falls miles outside all the usual definitions of chemtrails.

Perhaps there was additional info (like links) that went with it, but wasn't included in that video.

Perhaps there was - but he didn't say that - he said all the links were in the video - and they were not.

edit on 14-6-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

HAARP does not transmit microwaves.
Microwaves do not heat air.

edit on 6/14/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That has been and always will be a contentious issue but, in our case, it's somewhat reversed.

This place is an island so the cloud seeding is mostly to produce rain over the land mass instead of the ocean so mainly rain is enhanced into large catchment areas for hydro, recreational and domestic/agricultural supplies. Of course there's a number of objectors on the east coast where it's historically dry but only during drought years and the major controversy has been about excessive rainfall in places that are traditionally very wet anyway (like around 3m or so of rain per year on long term average). The only clear loser is the ocean itself though and we're only detouring the water on its way there after all - no theft going on here, more a case of short-term borrowing

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Kokatsi

HAARP does not transmit microwaves.
Microwaves do not heat air.

edit on 6/14/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I know HAARP heats up the higher parts of the atmosphere. Presumably it is not the nitrogen or the oxygene that it heats. Regular microwaves heat water more than anything out of common materials.

So what is the frequency of HAARP? I read as low as 10 MHz and as high as 95 GHz.

What is the point you are trying to make?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

HAARP heats ions in the upper atmosphere. Exciting ions does not make a lens that can focus sunlight. In daylight, the Sun heats the upper atmosphere far more than HAARP can.

The HAARP ionospheric heater can transmit at between 2.8MHz and 10MHz. It is not a microwave device. I would like to see a source claiming 95GHz.

The point that I'm trying to make is that you are incorrect about the operation of HAARP and what it can do.

edit on 6/15/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kokatsi
[So what is the frequency of HAARP? I read as low as 10 MHz and as high as 95 GHz.

It transmits in hte HF band - 3 to 30 MHz, specifically about 2.8 - 10 MHz

This is hte band that the ionosphere interacts with - by reflection & refraction, and the point of HAARP is to study exactly how these work.

the study is important for a lot of reasons - including military ones such as over-the-horizon radar which uses reflection from the ionosphere, and long range HF radio communications which are not susceptable to being interferred by destroying satellites and/or sunspot activity (among other things).

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Kokatsi

HAARP heats ions in the upper atmosphere. Exciting ions does not make a lens that can focus sunlight. In daylight, the Sun heats the upper atmosphere far more than HAARP can.

The HAARP ionospheric heater can transmit at between 2.8MHz and 10MHz. It is not a microwave device. I would like to see a source claiming 95GHz.

The point that I'm trying to make is that you are incorrect about the operation of HAARP and what it can do.

I do not have a set mind on this as I was always better in chemistry than practical physics (Maxwell etc.)

I would honestly like to see more a detailed summary from you about what it can do and what it cannot.
I also wonder if they are simply basic research on auroral lights, why the secrecy, why the high budgets, and why is this technology so important that it also cropped up in Russia, Norway and China as far as I know.
If not weather modification, what could be a use of a probably militaristic type that would justify the high cost of building, the high budget and the notorious secrecy as well as the proliferation of similar technologies?

If they only do basic science research, which is kind of suspiciopous to me, what sort of results have they shown to the scientific community since 1992 that would justify this spending?

Can you rule out military use or other secret uses based on your better understanding of their technology?
Why is it useful to heat the ionosphere - to tudy weird lights? Isn't it a bit dangerous when the magnetic field of the planet has been weakening?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

They have a pretty good FAQ, and lots of other interesting information of their site.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join