It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Teenage Girl Waved At Our Troops. She Was Hanged Within The Hour

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
www.newsoftheworld.co.uk...

www.newsoftheworld.co.uk...

A teenage girl waved at our troops... she was hanged within the hour

By Ian Kirby, Political Editor

A SMILING teenage girl who waved at patrolling British soldiers and accepted a big-hearted squaddie's gift of chocolate was HANGED by agents of Saddam.

The butchers of the dictator's corrupt Ba'ath party had spied on the Muslim youngster from an alleyway in Az Zubayr near Basra.

Battle-hardened troops of the 1st Batallion, The Royal Irish Regiment choked back tears when they later saw her limp beaten body swaying from a lamp-post in the ramshackle south Iraq town held by Allies.

And yesterday their grim-faced commander, Lt Colonel Tim Collins chewed on a cigar and confirmed:

"A teenage girl who waved at my troops was hanged within the hour.

"These daily outrages have made us more determined than ever to crush Saddam's evil regime. There's still much fear among the people we're meeting.

"Our mission is to assuage it, to fill the power vacuum left by the decapitation of the Ba'ath Party.

You have to understand that nobody under the age of 45 has ever known life without it. They have no concept or inkling of freedom�and that's a heavy weight on our shoulders.

" We came into this area hard and at no little risk. We've had great success in cutting off the Ba'ath Party here.

" Its chief who was Lord God On High in these parts is currently considering his options in a Prisoner of War cage.

" I'd reserved judgment on him�and then I found the knuckleduster in his drawer.

" One of the few good things I can say about the party is that they keep meticulous records.

" We established all the names of local members. We knew they were threatening people co-operating with us, so we paid some of them a visit overnight.

" It's not straightforward but it works. One man found a shot through his kitchen floor helped him remember where his weapon was hidden."

Belfast-born Lt Col Collins (pictured above) wears trendy Ray-Ban sunglasses and a kukri�the blade he is entitled to carry as a Gurkha commander. His troops are distributing food and medical supplies and restoring water and power while Ba'ath thugs terrorise the population.

The soldiers have seen the mass graves Saddam's henchmen dug for their countrymen murdered for co-operating with US troops during the last Gulf War in 1991.

This time round, in an unspeakable act of barbarism, children had their throats slit.

And yesterday families fleeing Basra were fired on by Iraqi troops. Compassionate US marines picked up children and took them to safety.

Royal Irish Regiment soldiers foiled a plot by the Ba'ath monsters to assassinate one of their comrades as �reprisal' for their liberation of the town.

Lt Col Collins, who gave a rousing speech to his men at the start of the war, stormed: "There will be no murders on my watch. We came into this area with excellent intelligence and have since made first-class local contacts. At the risk of their lives local people offered information to my patrols and it was spot-on. It saved the life of one of my men."

Lt Col Collins based himself in the Ba'ath party HQ as a psychological move.

On the front door, one of his men has defiantly scrawled: "Welcome to Free Iraq."

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Perfect example of their inhumane senseless ways, I feel sorry for the girl and her family.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm proud to don't be a so-called *peacefull demonstrator* !

I bet that will have someone who'll write that the US/GB/Aussies forces are responsible.

" If the coalition didn't attack Irak, that little girl would be still alive "....See what I mean ?

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I also hear the Iraqi government has been demanding that men and children better fight or else their families will be killed. These people are pure evil....

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
1.4 million Iraqi's died because of 12 years of sanctions and other consequences of the first gulf war. Talking about Evil.

You know, I don't mind when people say Saddam got to be removed from power, I agree. And there are more to I think should be removed from power.

However I do mind the reasons some peoples come up with to justify the Iraq invasion. That is what makes me sad, most peoples seems to only care when Iraqi's get killed by Saddam. That's a bad sign.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TigeriS
1.4 million Iraqi's died because of 12 years of sanctions and other consequences of the first gulf war. Talking about Evil.

Ok, so the first Gulf War was evil and so were the sanctions that followed. Who's fault was that? That wasn't initiated by the USA.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The title of this thread is wrong it should read crowds of stupid,Murderous Yanks swallow Propaganda whole.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
thats so terrible i want to throw up

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
what do u mean, john bull, are you saying that they are just propagating stuff to make iraq look bad and us look good? just a question.... But i DO believe they just tell us stuff on ly they want us to know, and i think a lot worse actually happens, and we are not as innocent as the media portrays us to be. even though it was a movie, full metal jacket displayed this perfectly...

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
John Bull 1 you want so much to believe that Americans are ignorant it makes you look ignorant. Furthermore is presents a racist attitude, one which makes what you have to say much less credible.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The sad thing is that some really do think that it is the sanctions that killed people. They'd never blame it on a defiant Hussein who refused to relinquish control of his weapons, who killed his own countrymen with hideous chemicals, could teach us here about paranoia as he'd kill family members if he suspected their less than full loyalty, and is clearly supporting terrorism.

Soemare so filled with hate for the West and its freedom, even though they enjoy it themselves, that they'll blame us for Hussein's brutality.

But their's no way, sir, to blame us for the little girl hanging from a lamp post, and there is no excuse for saying we are just gullible, eating up propaganda. That little girl didn't die to be propaganda and you are an offense to her.

Furthermore, I find it inciteful that you would say that those who are righteously enraged by such a hideous atrocity are just eating up the propaganda fed to them.

You are one-sidedly biased against the West to rationally add comment.

You should also hear the testimony of a fellow that works with my wife. His name is Dan Stamaris, he was a POW of the first Gulf War. The regime's lack of regard for human life is animalistic.

If I knew how to do the simplest of computer tasks I'd attach a news bit I got in the email. A morning radio personality's son is in the Iraqi area, and a creature called and said that it hoped the personality's son got killed over there and on and on. A couple minutes later, an Iraqi lady called, a lady who escaped when she was around 17. In about three minutes she made it perfectly clear what the deal was, and any "peace" protestor that still was against the war after hearing her testimony did so for less than honorable reasons, in my humble opinion.

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Why John Bull 1 no articles on the Russian attack on Chechen territory?

Where are the reports on human shields protecting Chechen freedom fighters??

What the freak is going on in China with respect to territories who's population is predominantly Moslem??

This is a bunch of $^@%

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It's easy to put all the blame on Saddam, can't you see that ? Everything now is Saddam's fault. That's is not fair and true. That's what those who are controling you want you to believe, it's ok by me if you buy that crap but I know better than that.

Like I said, and this is being proven again and again. When Saddam kills, nothing but evil is being said. When US kills, yeah it's for our freedom so, it's ok. How more selfish can you be ? You mean our freedom to use all earth's resources by our self. Have you noticed how much oil is needed to keep the war going ?

If Saddam is guilty, than those who helped him before and made him what he is now are even more guilty. Saddam is not the only one here on earth being so bad, there are many more. The thing is that they don't have anything of interest.

And another thing, Depleted Uranium is still being used, I see that as a crime against humanity.

dom

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Although I might not put it in quite the same was as john bull I'd tend to agree that this article is just propaganda. The News of the World is not known for being accurate or un-biased in it's reporting. It would be just as easy to write a horrifying article about the 8 women and children US marines killed the other day in a checkpoint incident. No doubt you'd start screaming that it was left-wing liberal propaganda.

And that's the problem. You've got to look at things from all angles before coming to any final conclusions. What happened to this girl was awful, but some of the things that we're doing to civilians are awful too.

Also, blaming everything on Saddam is stupid. I guess the women and children killed at that checkpoint died because of Saddam not giving over his WMD etc. etc.. Couldn't we also argue that they died because the US propped up Saddam in the Iran-Iraq war? Or could we also argue that sanctions only helped Saddam to keep control of the country by giving him an external enemy to blame it all on, and therefore Saddam's very existence is owed to the sanctions regime set up by the UN but kept in place by a US administration unwilling to admit that Saddam has destroyed his WMD's...

Try to think clearly before jumping in feet first.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
so saddam didnt kill over 2 million people in the last 20-30 years?
so he didnt dropped chemical bombs on fellow lands?

my god, i just dont get this world, i have been bitching about that c*nt saddam f*cking hoessein for many years now, i said what he did and is doing and what he will do in the future, and every body said i was lying, and that irak is peacefull and perfect and everybody has rights and that its a democratie

WHY WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE SO STUPID AND BLIND.

you know there are also stupid f*cks who said the holocaust never happened.....................

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wintermorg,

im from Germany ..

i know historians are arguing about details, but no serious historian ever doubted the holocaust's existence, as far as i know...

dom

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wintermorg - try to maintain a semblance of rational thought.

The 2 million deaths you've just quoted includes all people killed in the Iraq-Iran war. That was a bloody war! If he'd killed 2 million civilians then I'd get more worried (like in Rwanda). The chemical attacks did indeed occur, somewhere between 5K and 20K people died. But the biggest massacre in Halabja occured while the town was occupied by Iran so it wasn't an entirely indescrimate bombing (although it was pretty despicable). The town fell 4 days before the bombing to Iranian forces.

The other big set of civilian casualties your counting there are all of the people killed by UN sanctions (600K?). Which could more rightly be placed at the feet of the US, who destroyed Iraq's civilian water treatment facilities in GW1, and then made sure that sanctions were never removed...

Basically, the 2 million number is very emotive, but not very useful. It's definitely true that Saddam is a nasty piece of work, but I'd like to see some sensible thought go into the casualty numbers.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The sanctions didn't kill Iraqis.... There is (and was) an Iraqi Food for Oil program. Likewise, the sanctions were against weapons, not items needed for health, life, etc. If Iraq was so poor that there wasn't enough food, etc. due to the sanctions, how was Saddam able to rebuild so many military sites, new palaces, new statues of himself, etc., hmm? We're placing blame where it needs to be placed...

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Its much more than just what you have mentioned, a substantial percentage of Baghdad is cordoned off. Only the power elite uses it. In that area is everything from restaurants of all types to residences, malls and entertainment. All of it was destroyed during GW1 and was prior to this most recent bombings in pristine condition.

So where did the money come from??

dom

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   
But Gazrok, while you might blame Saddam, a lot of the children killed by sanctions have died because of water-born diseases.

The US document discussing strikes on civilian water treatment facilities points out that the parts needed to repair these facilities would require the Iraqi's to break the sanctions. This is listed as one of the potential benefits!!!

The fact remains that no sanctions would mean that these people wouldn't have died. (and saddam would have WMD's still, so I personally think sanctions are justified, but it's unfair to blame all of the deaths on Saddam. These deaths were a result of the policy of containment carried through by Bush Snr, Clinton and co.)

Also, the oil for food program was working pretty well, and feeding a great many people in that country. Most of the money spent on palaces came from oil sold outside of the UN process, as far as I'm aware. All proceeds of the oil for food program ended up in a UN account...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join