It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Bachman announces her candidacy for preisdent

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
U.S. Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann (R-Minnesota) just announced that she is running for president. She announced this during this evening's (June 13) Republican debate on CNN, at about 8:15 p.m eastern time U.S.

A good thing? For some, sure. She brings up and comments on things that some people find usefull and important. And for comedians, sure, she's funny as hell with her wackier ideas. And for MSNBC, gold in them thar hills!
edit on 13-6-2011 by Aleister because: more brief data

edit on 13-6-2011 by Aleister because: added CNN

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Id love to see her and Palin on a ticket...talk about seeing dim/libs frothing at the mouth...Good Lord what a show that would be...half of them would stroke out

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
U.S. Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann (R-Minnesota) just announced that she is running for president. She announced this during this evening's (June 13) Republican debate on CNN, at about 8:15 p.m eastern time U.S.

A good thing? For some, sure. She brings up and comments on things that some people find usefull and important. And for comedians, sure, she's funny as hell with her wackier ideas. And for MSNBC, gold in them thar hills!
edit on 13-6-2011 by Aleister because: more brief data

edit on 13-6-2011 by Aleister because: added CNN

Actually, Ms. Bachmann merely said she would be formally announcing she would be running for president at a later date. Could this be construed as her actually saying she is running? Perhaps...but per Federal law she has to make the formal announcement with Federal paperwork to have been signed beforehand....

Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DarwinianLaw

You are correct in the letter of the law, yet she did say she would run for president, which is an announcement that she will run and formally announce for president. I wonder what Palin will say about this statement...maybe she'll twitter about it. It's not a huge surprise but is a go-ahead signal to supportive teapartiers and others. This makes it a more interesting campaign anyway, and will be another thorn in the side for Romney.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Thank God I don't believe the fairy tale about Presidents actually having any real authority or power, they're just CEOs of the USA corporation under TPTB.... but for entertainment value alone, Palin and her would be very entertaining to watch fumble around all over each other under debates and any ambush journalism.

Can you imagine Palin with the launch codes? Matt Damon can...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Wow, if Matt Damon says something with his Harvard degree in Economics... No economics degree? His Harvard Political Science... Not that either? Surely he has SOME credentials other than acting...Ok.... his unfinished Harvard degree in English, it's GOTTA be right!

Another moron from Hollywood trying to make himself relevant by sucking up to his colleagues...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Bachmann is awesome (most of us Minnesotans think so). She's great at fund raising and she's not afraid to say things the way they are. Libs hate her and the fact that shes a beautiful woman piss them off even more. She'd have my vote if her campaign gets any steam.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The Republican field of candidates just became zanier.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by croweboy
reply to post by Aleister

Bachmann is awesome (most of us Minnesotans think so). She's great at fund raising and she's not afraid to say things the way they are. Libs hate her and the fact that shes a beautiful woman piss them off even more. She'd have my vote if her campaign gets any steam.

Fund raising and beauty should not a President make.

Unfortunately, American politics is only about people who look good on TV, so she probably stands a good chance so long as she doesn't go too far on the ridiculous side of things before getting elected.

God help us all.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Well, the beauty thing was just to illustrate a point. Point being that the libs hate her for it. Add intelligence, a mother of 13 (I think that's the accurate number), passion and a successful fundraiser ($20 million in the last election, a House of Representatives record) and you have the next possible POTUS.

Looks DO matter. I can't count how many women I heard of and/or talked to during the last presidential election in 2008 that wanted to vote for John Edwards based solely on looks. He had little to offer in way of new ideas, but he was a rich guy with a toothy grin and manicured hair. He turned out to be proven king of the scum-bags, but he was electable for that reason alone. Bachmann has so much more to offer, and she has the looks.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

From where do you get the idea that libs hate beautiful women?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

From where do you get the idea that libs hate beautiful women?

Have you seen Rachel Maddow without makeup?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
As a conservative, I welcome her entry into the race. She is an outspoken fiscal conservative,
which this country needs right now. Hopefully a few of her ideas will find themselves a place in
the upcoming debate

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Fund raising and beauty should not a President make.

Oh sorry for a minute I thought you were referring to Obama!

edit on 27-6-2011 by Scoriada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice that when she talked about the "society is like a three legged stool of support", she then used FOUR examples of why?

This woman is a walking Monty Python sketch. A late night comic's DREAM candidate.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Did anyone else notice that when she talked about the "society is like a three legged stool of support", she then used FOUR examples of why?

This woman is a walking Monty Python sketch. A late night comic's DREAM candidate.

That's almost a funny as a presidential candidate saying there are 57 states! There's no way America would elect somebody THAT stupid!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by loki41872

That's almost a funny as a presidential candidate saying there are 57 states! There's no way America would elect somebody THAT stupid!!

Ineffective and misguided perhaps, but not stupid. He has degrees from two of the most exclusive institutions of higher learning in the world, and was president of the most prestigious publication in the world for law students. All from a low-end middle class family with a wishy-washy mom and an an absentee dad.

Cue misguided rant about the failings of the educational system and Illuminati and blah blah blah.

Palin, in my opinion, is ignorant. Willfully so, but ignorant nonetheless. I can deal with ignorant. Bachmann, on the other hand, is calculated. She deliberately misrepresents herself, her past, and her credentials at every turn in whatever way is most beneficial for her at the time. She deliberately and opportunistically distorts the historical record and even current events in the same manner, because the vast majority of her supporters are the 'talking point' base that the GOP so loves to exploit these days. I wouldn't call her stupid or dumb by any stretch...though she may appear to be so to people not all that familiar with her style. I think a better word for her is 'sociopath.' She knows EXACTLY how to beat everybody else in the field, as she's done every time she's run for office save the first. Mark my words...she's going to switch characters for the next few weeks to the even-toned, pseudo-intellectual, issue-hedging moderate that made an appearance at the GOP debates and on Face the Nation.....she's a polarizing character, so playing that role will shore up what she needs from the more moderate Republicans to edge ahead of Romney, and then it's a relatively easy ride from there to the nomination.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by JibbyJedi

Wow, if Matt Damon says something with his Harvard degree in Economics... No economics degree? His Harvard Political Science... Not that either? Surely he has SOME credentials other than acting...Ok.... his unfinished Harvard degree in English, it's GOTTA be right!

Another moron from Hollywood trying to make himself relevant by sucking up to his colleagues...

Having a degree in what you are talking about from Harvard seems like a big deal to you.
When did Bachmann attend Harvard? Or is she just another moron too?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Well, the beauty thing was just to illustrate a point. Point being that the libs hate her for it. Add intelligence, a mother of 13 (I think that's the accurate number), passion and a successful fundraiser ($20 million in the last election, a House of Representatives record) and you have the next possible POTUS.

You mean mother of 5? How's that intelligence working for ya?

No one hates her because you think she is pretty. Do conservatives hate all the gorgeous liberals in Hollywood for being pretty?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by samcrow

I think the skills you are listing are vital to a successful politician. The ability to calculate and change your persona mid stride is very handy when dealing with Congress or foreign politics. I cannot comment on her views yet as I haven't studied up on her yet but so far out of the gate she seems like the missing spark the republicans were looking for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join