It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Bachman announces her candidacy for preisdent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This will be the funniest campaign ever!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
she'd have a very good chance if we had never been exposed to palin. she just comes off as a slightly more polished version of palin

I think she would better serve the country as speaker of the house or as a chair of a committee, she seems smart and tough, but not someone I want on the batphone with other world leaders

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Just happened to be looking at politifact and I thought I would share a link to this entertaining article.

It's a fact check on an interview Michelle Bachmann did on Face the Nation on Sunday.

politifact.com...

One of my favorites:

She stated that Obama released all of our oil reserves when in reality he only released 4 percent. The John Wayne confusion is quite funny too.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL

FORGET THIS WOMAN

RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL PAULRON RONNIE PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL

Everyone including her just needs to move out of the way so we can get a real leader in our ranks.
Sick of the Pony Show.

GIVE ME

Ron PAUL FTW!

(sorry I crapped on the bachmann campaign)
I think shes ok and all, but this is Pauls time. He deserves it. She hasnt made that status quo yet.
Im sick of Constant Amateur hour at the WH.

We need a leader, not frontmen(women).

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You wont get Ron Paul.

You will get Romney/Bachmann as your ticket.

McCain/Palin redux.

Enjoy.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DizzyDude

I already cast in my vote.

No Obama/any other scumbag bumper stickers on my car or signs on my lawn.

Nobody else will do at this point.
No clown that pops out of door #3.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

What is Eisenhower or FDR popped out of door number 3...or Kennedy even?

I'd take any of the 3 myself.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DizzyDude

Kennedy was an idiot more concerned with banging Marilyn than running the country.

FDR had a philosophy of just throw ideas at the problem and see what works and luckily got bailed out by world war 2.

Eisenhower didn't have much to worry about since he was riding the good times after the war.

None of these are ideal people to look up too in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
"A good thing?" Sure, if only politicians could get their FACTS straight and be wholly honest enough to keep their words (promises and guarantees). Other than that, it will be a circus to listen, wait and later find out who will be the "winning contestant" to debate our current "POTUS".

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
she'd have a very good chance if we had never been exposed to palin. she just comes off as a slightly more polished version of palin

I think she would better serve the country as speaker of the house or as a chair of a committee, she seems smart and tough, but not someone I want on the batphone with other world leaders

true,

palin can make the tough decisions.

what i've seen of her, bachman will not.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

st. paul will never get there.

why you think he still looses?

this is not about him, he might get an up grade but he is stuck there in where ever he is.

congress, i guess.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

NO!! But then again, I haven't seen Bachmann without hers either. LOL!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by samcrow

I think the skills you are listing are vital to a successful politician. The ability to calculate and change your persona mid stride is very handy when dealing with Congress or foreign politics. I cannot comment on her views yet as I haven't studied up on her yet but so far out of the gate she seems like the missing spark the republicans were looking for.

While I don't disagree that these are 'skills' important to any successful politician, I think the difference here is degree.....most, if not all, politicians twist things a bit depending on the audience, but do it in such a way that, for most, it's not that apparent and relatively palatable. Bachmann refuses to answer any question, about any topic, at any time. She wholly disregards the premise of any question posed to her at all times and instead launches off on monologue of whatever is her topic du jour. Typically, one has to start their career in the public office by being somewhat transparent and believable....the ability to scoff at the press and her constituents should've come much later. She has essentially been a do-nothing her entire political career. She's never introduced serious, meaningful legislation, she's a joke on the House floor, and the only 'laws' she's put forth were ridiculous trash (save the dollar bill, for one) that were merely political theater for her base. I've honestly never seen a politician at her level that is simultaneously so effective at directing the discourse, rendering criticism irrelevant, and energizing a base, but actually doing nothing meaningful in government.

Do we really KNOW what Bachmann believes or who she REALLY is? I don't think so. I think we're seeing a character, and have been from the time she set foot in her first elected office. The fact that she's running such a tight race with somebody like Romney is, frankly, terrifying.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by samcrow

Good questions. What do we really know about her?

Does she really have all those foster children or is that a ploy? I want to see proof.
She does not blink enough. I need to see some medical history.
Oh and she totally sounds Canadian so the birth certificate question should just be a given.
Well, they should all be showing a birth certification, right?
I got all the other birthers here with me on that one.

Right guys?

Guys?

They were just here a president ago, I swear.
Well at least she started off with a bang by comparing herself to a gay serial killer. That was fun. She will be fun.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by babybunnies

From where do you get the idea that libs hate beautiful women?

Have you seen Rachel Maddow without makeup?

Er, you misquoted me. I did NOT make the quote stated above.

I said that American poilitics is about beauty and popularity, nothing more. Which is, unfortunately, true.

US voting system comes down to name brand recognition. Media is going to put a "beautiful person" on the tv more often than anyone else. Also, being more than a little bit crazy helps.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this woman get the nomination, especially if MRs Plain doesn't run.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

I'm not going to poke at her foster child history....I have some reservations about the way she's presented and continues to present that part of her life, but I don't know enough to say one way or another.

The Gacy comment, I think, is another example of calculation, not unintentional gaffe. She was in Waterloo, so she needed something Waterloo relevant. Her base and, to a large extent the rest of the right, isn't a party of diligent fact-checkers. She knows there's no way she's going to drag in any of the left-leaning conservatives or anybody at all from the left, so she has to play to that 30-40% of the American public that won't care about reality and will eat up her talking points.

By making these rather ambiguous statements in a public forum, she garners media attention, something Romney hasn't been able to really grab. Then, when pressed about the things she says, she side-steps and changes the subject back to talking points. That way, she never has to truly explain why she did what she did, and the media becomes the antagonist, which will make it that much easier for her to blow off interviewer questions later on. You'll notice how Bachmann doesn't really attack the press like Palin....she let's the interviews play out and run their course without saying much, because the way Palin handled it made her look like a whiner. Bachmann is deliberately creating her own turmoil so that she can rise above it and look like leadership material. It's actually quite genius.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DizzyDude
Just happened to be looking at politifact and I thought I would share a link to this entertaining article.

It's a fact check on an interview Michelle Bachmann did on Face the Nation on Sunday.

politifact.com...

One of my favorites:

She stated that Obama released all of our oil reserves when in reality he only released 4 percent. The John Wayne confusion is quite funny too.

The best part about the "John Wayne comment" will come to mind if you think about it for a moment.

John Wayne Gacey lived in Waterloo Iowa. Marion Morrison lived in Iowa. John Wayne the actor lived in Hollywood.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by samcrow

I am not sure how genius it is when in the end she still just looks like a nut. Even FOX news who hired Palin is having a hard time figuring out how not to laugh at Bachmann. She is not looking good so if this is her genius plan, it is failing.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
reply to post by samcrow

I am not sure how genius it is when in the end she still just looks like a nut. Even FOX news who hired Palin is having a hard time figuring out how not to laugh at Bachmann. She is not looking good so if this is her genius plan, it is failing.

The proof is in the numbers. Look at where she's polling....even after her Iowa 'gaffe,' she's right there with Mitt. Like i said, her base doesn't care if she's not being truthful. She's saying all the correct anti-Obama, anti-left, anti-government things they want to hear. Fox will fall in line if and when she pulls ahead of Mitt.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by samcrow

She hears "God" talking to her, calling her to run. That is terrifying to me. What else might "God" say to her?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join