It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama announces plan to cut government waste

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
HIPPA HITECH part of Stimulus

whatishipaa.org...

The HITECH Act can be understood as a regulatory measure that has been introduced in anticipation of the sudden rise in the volume of healthcare practices adopting EHRs due to lucrative financial incentives offered by the ARRA. Due to the implementation of the HITECH Act, all healthcare facilities and covered entities who consider themselves eligible for receiving these financial incentives are ensuring that they are full compliant with the HIPAA benchmarks or they face the risk of not only losing out on the financial rewards but attracting civil or criminal liabilities.

www.appwp.org...

penalties under the new HITECH Act

violation, up to a total of $25,000-$1,500,000 for all violations of an identical

www.azhha.org...

And auditors get a cut of the penalties for turning in those who breach records.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Government Waste: 20 Of The Craziest Things That The U.S. Government Is Spending Money On

1. video games $3 million to play world of warcraft
2. $700,000 to study cow farts
3. $615,000 to make grateful dead teasshirts
4. $250,000 to find out how ameircans use the internet to find love (could just asked weiner bout that one)
5.$216,000 to see how people respond to i was for it before i was agianst it positions.
6. $442,340 stupdy male hookers in vietnam
7. $1 million on poetry
8. $175 million to maintain buildings the government does not even use anymore.
9. $1.8 million went for a museum of neon signs.
10. $ $150,000 for a salamander crossing.

thats 10 out of the 20 on this webpage.

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

and that has been going on for decades keep spending on stupid things and people want to raise our taxes so they can continue that crap?

no thanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa0ca72e3052.jpg[/atsimg]
Nuf said
edit on 13-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
In case any of you weren't aware, elements of the govt attempted to set up a huge database linking various other databases around the country. These databases would have included health records and traffic stuff. The govt would have had access at their fingertips to all these databases. The system was called Total Information Awareness, and on the darpa website they had a logo which included the Illuminati eye in the capstone.
The logo was taken off the page but someone archived it.

www.conspiracyarchive.com...

The TIA plan was stopped in its tracks due to Congresspeople and privacy organizations alike having concerns for individual privacy rights.
What I feel strongly is that because they got so much flak for it, they decided to go under the radar. Now the HITECH Act promotes individual privacy of health records somehow by getting doctors to put all their records on a database(which will then be accessed by the central govt database being set up now by the Stimulus) and by instituting a huge bureaucracy designed to punish businesses which somehow allow breaches of health records. Do you think that individual privacy is going to be considered when bureaucrats can access this database? When they can link this database to traffic records? It's going to happen. And it's all being done "for our own good".

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
sayanythingblog.com...

Jarrett: Is Obama at the bottom? Schatz: He is not quite at that the bottom. Actually, Senator Biden is at the bottom. He has a zero rating in 2007. But Senator Obama is pretty close at 10%

i just found this.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
www.boycottliberalism.com...

The Stimulus Plan The National Institutes of Health spending more than $400,000 in taxpayer money by paying researchers to cruise six bars in Buenos Aires to find out why gay men engage in risky sexual behavior while drunk -- and just what can be done about it.

The earned income tax credit (EITC) provides $31 billion in refundable tax credits to 19 million low-income families. The IRS estimates that $8.5 billion to $9.9 billion of this amount—nearly one-third—is wasted in overpayments.

Since World War II, the U.S. has spent $1.2 trillion on foreign aid to 70 countries – and all are worse off than they were in 1980, according to the U.N.

another good read.

i am sure biden is going to get right on that

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

cow farts, well you know thats the bogus climate change enviro folks. These people want us to eat bugs for protein to cut our carbon footprints.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

let em eat bugs

for every cow i eat thats alot less cow farts

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well speaking of Biden, he co-sponsored the Global Poverty Act with Obama while O was still Senator. This would have given 0.7% of American GDP to the UN yearly to fight poverty in other countries. As if we weren't already the biggest contributor to begin with. Good thing it didn't pass. Anyone can read this and know that O is a stooge for the UN
www.opencongress.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

thanks gave me 2 more items to cut

nato and the un funding

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What an interesting thread.

I wonder if Obama plans to cut these government wastes?

Dirty Spending Secrets

This site constantly updates itself.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

nice!

yeah i am sure biden will get right on those

2.6 million for chinese hookers guess congress had to try them before they bought them.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Why is it unrealistic to expect that the President or any politican for that matter can perform as a competent executive? Obama hangs around with Jeffery Immelt, CEO of GE all the time. I don't like Immelt and think he has far too much sway and that GE gets tons of government spiff, but there is no doubt that he is a fantastic chief executive. GE is an enormously complex organization. Were a CEO of that level to be brought in to turnaround a large corporation and two years in, not only had not made progress, but had actually implemented policies that made matters worse, he would be fired, end of story. When on the links, how about Obama ask Immelt how to actually conduct himself as a chief executive? How to hold folks accountable, how to prioritize, how to build an effective team?

In a parlimentary government, Obama and half of his administration would have been sacked, which is why those forms of government are superior. Sometimes you just make a mistake. Happens in politics, happens in marriage, hell it happens with half the #1 draft picks in the NFL. At some point, regardless of what you think of the other party and how much you disagree with their policy and philosophy, folks need to admit that the gent they have pushing their agenda has failed and we are past that point.

It does not invalidate your personal political philosophy, it does not mean that had you supported him you did anything wrong, it just means that the person you felt would be successful in the job was not.

This entire notion that there is no challenger to an incumbant is absolutely rubbish. Here we have a failed president going through the motions when there are very legitimate democrats who would actually have the potential of doing the job well.

Shame on folks for continuing to support this man simply because he is of the political party you prefer. Support the party, as a proxy support, albiet reluctantly the person they have put in power, but let go this foolishness that he's doing anything but a poor job, because he's not. The polls show it, the performance of the economy shows it, international opinion shows it, the status of our armed conflict and coherence shows it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Lets start the cutting right at the top and eliminate Obama and Biden they're both wasted government spending

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

let em eat bugs

for every cow i eat thats alot less cow farts

hahaha good one! Love the humor.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So does this mean that he is resigning?!

2nd

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

i wish we could only hope he had the balls of johnson

pun intended.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
the only waste i'd be happy to see him change is the ridiculous military budget. that would be nice

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I was hoping he was going to step down.
that would save money.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama announces plan to cut government waste,..........

Is he QUITTING?

I had to also...................
edit on 14-6-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join