It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is a test we did in one of my classes last semester. The class specifically was on archaeological myths, but this ATS version will expand upon that. The test is simple to take. I will list a variety of phenomena, and if you believe in it, you get one point. If you do not believe in it, you get zero points. Nobody wins, and more points doesn't mean anything. Nobody loses, and a lesser number of points, again, doesn't mean anything.

The point of this game is to engage you to think about your beliefs. Why do you believe in one phenomena and not another? Is it because there's more or less supporting evidence? Because of something personal that you've encountered in your life? Simply a belief? Etc.

Let's begin.

Bigfoot
Extra-terrestrial life
Lochness Monster
Faries
Gnomes
Ghosts
Shroud of Turin
Government created diseases such as cancer, HIV, diabetes, to control populations
Atlantis
Ancient Astronauts
Santa Claus
Easter Bunny
One god
Yahweh
Ra
Viracocha
Multiple gods
Heaven and Hell
Miracles
Virgin Birth
Evolution
Chemtrails
Out of place artifacts (OOPART)
The moon landings were faked
Hollow earth
Hollow moon
Hollow Mars
NASA-censored images of mars, and the moon to hide their bases, alien bases, or other
UFOs are alien-craft
Roswell Incident
The age of the earth is 4.58 billion years old
The government is behind the 9/11 attacks
Aliens built the pyramids, ziggurats, etc.
The Maya disappeared with no explanation
There's a chamber under the sphinx
stargates
time travel, either forwards, backwards, or both ways
Man is the product of alien intervention in the genetic code of past apes
Greys are actually humans from the distant future
Yonaguni
A historical worldwide flood
Giants
Stone henge was more than just a religious site
Human history has been recycled (we've done this all before and a natural disaster or warfare destroyed all evidence)

I'll stop it here, because obviously this list could be 100s of topics longer. Like I said, just go through and pick which ones you believe in, and add a point. Those who believe in all of them will have a score of 44, while those who believe in none will of course score 0. Thank you for taking the time to take this test. I hope this engage your thought process on certain things, such as why you believe in Yahweh but not Viracocha, or why you believe in Atlantis but not the Easter Bunny.

For the record, my score is 4.
edit on 6/13/2011 by Schmidt1989 because: Typos

edit on 6/13/2011 by Schmidt1989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

The moon landings
Believe that they happened? Yes
or believe that they were faked? No.

I believe in ooparts and one god. They rest I don't, so I guess I rate a 2.

ETA: How did I miss evolution? Make it a 3.
edit on 13-6-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
16, but touch and go on the Santa Claus

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
11 here

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Good call on the moon landings. I assumed (oops) that he meant that we actually landed on the moon. Which I think we did.

Also the 9/11 question is biased. Some of us know that the official story is a lie, but don't know whether the US was actually behind it. I gave that one a .5 pt.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I got 20

My main thoughts while taking this quiz is that anyone who believes in "too few" is in serious denial, and anyone who believes in "too many" is seriously gullible. I won't denote numbers to "few" or "many" - who am I to say... really

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I scored an 8. My favorite is that life recycles; it's all been done before and evidence has been destroyed by war and nature. I never really thought about that until a few years ago when my husband brought up the subject. He had a pretty convincing take on it and over the last few years I have come to believe it is entirely possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I got 11.

I mostly base my beliefs on (what I believe to be) good evidence and common sense, for example, aliens, when you look at the size of the universe etc etc.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Good call on the moon landings. My mistake, I've edited it now and that should clear it up for future readers.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

That's actually a pretty cool idea, for being so simple. I suppose, that's what "they" say: keep it simple, stupid.

I got 13...and a half. I don't know enough about Yonaguni to have an opinion one way or the other (never even heard of it before now).

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I got 12, nice thread

edit on 13-6-2011 by Silend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I scored a two....are we going to be grouped according to our scores? Like some sort of believer scale? lol

Mine were ET's and Evolution

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
am I the only one coming back here to see what everyone elses scores are?

S&F by the way, surprised no one else gave you any (no appropriate emoticon available)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
This is a test we did in one of my classes last semester. The class specifically was on archaeological myths, but this ATS version will expand upon that. The test is simple to take. I will list a variety of phenomena, and if you believe in it, you get one point. If you do not believe in it, you get zero points.

Shroud of Turin
I don't think your instructions are clear enough.

Do I believe there's a shroud of Turin? Yes
Do I believe Jesus was buried in it? No

Is that a one or a zero?

And how can anyone NOT believe there's a shroud of Turin?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

This is a test we did in one of my classes last semester. The class specifically was on archaeological myths, but this ATS version will expand upon that. The test is simple to take. I will list a variety of phenomena, and if you believe in it, you get one point. If you do not believe in it, you get zero points.

Shroud of Turin

Is that a one or a zero?

I put a zero for that one because the popular implications that affect belief systems are phony

if you add the word "IN", it changes the question... I think

Do you believe IN the shroud of Turin
Do you believe IN santa clause

Do I believe Santa Clause? he never said anything to me... whats to believe?

dig?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

Shroud of Turin

Is that a one or a zero?

I put a zero for that one because the popular implications that affect belief systems are phony

dig?

Precisely. Which is why I put in the instructions, "...if you believe in it..." Obviously this is all meant to be read as do you believe in the myth behind it? I mean, I even have listed stuff like Stone Henge. Of course you have to believe it. It's physically, indisputably there. That doesn't require believing in anything. But does one believe the myth behind it.

I assumed some people would use common sense when reading this list.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
30 for me, but elite soldiers whom I trust have told me a lot of things,I used to read about these things for entertainment,Then I got experimented on in Desert Storm by being ordered to take pyridostigmine bromide pills and an experimental Anthrax shot,not to mention the ammo dump detonation in Kamasia:
www.paratrooper.net...
I was down wind from from that ,of course anyone who claims this is listed as delusional to the VA.
Thus making it a"paranoid theory" so don't be too quick to deny all these things.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Thought the same thing about Roswell Incident. Was there one? Yes. What it was, I do not know.

Heaven AND Hell? Skews the results if I have to believe both or the answer is -0-.

Chemtrails? Sure, I have little doubt that at some point in time, planes have been used for dispersing chemicals. But in the way it's commonly discussed here, where every plane with a contrail is indicative of some NWO plot to poison all of us, or terraform the Earth for reptilian overlords? No.

Same with several of the topics. I may not believe conclusively, but be open to the idea. It goes down to degrees of certitude. I don't believe there are ghosts, as in disembodied human spirits, but I'm open to the possibility.

I've got a lot of "maybe" and not so much Yes or No. If not for that, I wouldn't still be here. Who keeps looking for something after they found it?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

Shroud of Turin

Is that a one or a zero?

dig?

Precisely. Which is why I put in the instructions, "...if you believe in it..." Obviously this is all meant to be read as do you believe in the myth behind it? I mean, I even have listed stuff like Stone Henge. Of course you have to believe it. It's physically, indisputably there. That doesn't require believing in anything. But does one believe the myth behind it.

Yay!! can I get bonus points for everyone who didn't read the obvious, and/or use common sense????

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

more points doesn't mean anything.
So then the purpose of points is what? nothing? No purpose? Why bother with points, or ones or zeroes at all?

You realize you're posting on ATS, right? Common sense is something you see more of on Randi Forums than on ATS, and common sense ain't all that common.

About the only thing on your list that's a fact is that evolution happened, though there are some disagreements about the details of exactly how it happened.
The Earth is over 4 billion years old, I can't say it's not 4.57 instead of 4.58 billion years old, or some other age over 4 billion years old. If you were after the young earth thing here it would be better to say the Earth is less than 20,000 years old. And that format would be consistent with the rest of the questions.

There was a Roswell incident, but again you're not clear, is a 1 for the official story or is a 1 for the conspiracy. The fact that you mention evolution throws off the assumption of what should be a 1 or a 0.

I don't know what's under the Sphinx

Forward time travel is proven, backward time travel is currently thought impossible and I see no reason to doubt that.

ET life or Aliens are possible, maybe even probable, but not proven.

Why is Yonaguni on the list? It's an island, so? I don't know any myths about that.

And nothing else on the list looks like a credible myth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join