It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. Agents Get Leeway to Push Privacy Bounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

www.nytimes.com

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is giving significant new powers to its roughly 14,000 agents, allowing them more leeway to search databases, go through household trash or use surveillance teams to scrutinize the lives of people who have attracted their attention.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
So you think your privacy is under attack now? The FBI now only has to decide to check you out and they have the authority to do so without and restraint. If they decide you are a person of interest, they can go through police databases and your trash among other things to find out what they can about you. They don't even have to have a warrant! The police state has begun. If you plan on becoming active in the political alternatives, you better watch your P's and Q's. Don't throw potentially incriminating literature in the trash, burn it!

www.nytimes.com

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
They have always been able to dig through police databases, and your trash. I can come dig through your trash, if i want. That is a matter of legal precedent....i thought everyone knew this?

What new authority do they have?

Not saying i like the authority they have had....just that nothing new is here.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
not surprised at all,
before long there will be
a Gestapo, errrr I mean
FBI Agent per each household
who will look over your shoulder,
read your mail, tell you what you
can read or view on the internet,
grope you to make sure you have
no weapons or drugs or bombs,
even tell you what you can eat or
drink or watch on TV, etc...

Just a further loss of rights contributed
to the Patriot Act.

Just wait til they tell you that you can't
read the Bible or go to church.

edit on 6/13/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Close... Actually they can't sift through your trash when the can is still on your property. They (as well as you or I) can't touch it legally until it's set out to the curb for pickup.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Would that really be such a bad thing? I keep trying to find the negatives in that action, yet am unable to find any in the effect...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield

Would that really be such a bad thing? I keep trying to find the negatives in that action, yet am unable to find any in the effect...

It would only be good to Atheist.
I am not an Atheist. So yes it would
be negative for me.

The greatest deception Satan ever accomplished
was to prove he doesn't exist.

And those who believe there is a God,
also believe there is a Satan.

The NWO will only have 1 religion eventually.
Worshiping Satan, thusly his followers will
carry his mark and God will be erased.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

That would cost too much money.

A cheaper and far more insidious method would be having family members and neighbors police one another under the notion of being patriotic. The "citizen spies" nonsense coming out of DHS where essentially everyone from a Home Depot shelf stocker to a hot dog vendor in a ball park are quasi deputies are along this path.

Both Mao and Hitler understood the effectiveness of that model and the Chinese are still using it to this day.

When you are fearful of your freedom in your own home, obedience to the state is practically ensured for the vast majority of people.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrormaster
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Close... Actually they can't sift through your trash when the can is still on your property. They (as well as you or I) can't touch it legally until it's set out to the curb for pickup.

Yeah. Where i am from everyone carries their trash out to a dumpster in the alley. We don't set cans by the curb unless you live on a street without alleyway access. Most people just leave them by the curb. Then there are those that go from dumpster to dumpster gathering metals like cans and wires to exchange.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
double
edit on 13-6-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

www.nytimes.com

The Federal Bureau of Investigation is giving significant new powers to its roughly 14,000 agents, allowing them more leeway to search databases, go through household trash or use surveillance teams to scrutinize the lives of people who have attracted their attention.

First line-

Second line-

This is old news.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It does seem odd to me that the NYT is reporting the FBI's "new 2008" Operations manual as "new."

I haven't read all 267 pages, but unless there's something in there about "new authority guidelines" becoming active at this point, what exactly is "new" about the citizens having to surrender all expectations of privacy to the law enforcement agency's whimsical considerations of expedient justice?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

It would only be good to Atheist.
I am not an Atheist. So yes it would
be negative for me.

The greatest deception Satan ever accomplished
was to prove he doesn't exist.

And those who believe there is a God,
also believe there is a Satan.

The NWO will only have 1 religion eventually.
Worshiping Satan, thusly his followers will
carry his mark and God will be erased.

Really? but you just said if there is a SATAN there has to be a GOD as well. If the concept of GOD is erased, wouldnt the concept of SATAN be erased as well? This sence makes no logic to me?!?! Then again, none of it does anyway.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Without turning this thread into a theological discussion:

Of course not. This is a common trait of mathematical incompetence: inability to see the relationships between cause and effect.

Let's put it in a way that you understand: pretty soon they will be telling you can't NOT read the Bible or can't NOT go to church. Does it make sense now?

It has nothing to do with religion this or religion that because each person possesses their own religare, it has to do with the state being used as a tool to oppress individualism not in accord with pre-defined state philosophy, which the FBI is an arm of, and the fact that you find nothing wrong with that (and if you do, it's particularly favorable when applied to a group you don't favor) it's pretty self-evident.

top topics

join