It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami Police and their treatment of a photographer...Please read!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I work as a photographer for a news agency in California. I've rarely had a run-in with police in the performance of my job, but you need to see this notice that was posted on our website (National Press Photographers Assn).

www.nppa.org...

Remember that you have rights, and the police don't have the right to unlawful search and seizure, or to arrest you for just photographing a scene. The only way to keep this from happening again and again, is to keep the cameras on the cops, not to back down, and when they do step over the line (I hate this part) sue them for all that they have or ever will have. I hate having to deal with the courts or lawyers, but sometimes taking away what's important to them is the only way to get them to see the light.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Agreed,

If you don't fight for your Freedom, you have no right to expect it.

No one is going to give you Freedom, it's too precious and valuable. That's why TPTB want to take it from us.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
We need more people like that guy who video taped it and saved the sim card. The city owes those people new phones now.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just so you know, its posted multiple times before.
At least 4 threads that I count.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Sadly the truth of what happened with that officer and the dead suspect will never see the light of day.

Whats going to happen? A slap in the wrist for the officer with paid leave for a few weeks. Then he'll be back on duty

Anyone going to remember this incident? Probably not.

Will this happen again? Probably everyday.

The photographer should have provoked the officer even more and made him fire at him.

Now that would do some change.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Agreed,

No one is going to give you Freedom, it's too precious and valuable. That's why TPTB want to take it from us.

Why would they want to take it away from us? You do realize they become civilians after they leave office and i'm sure they like their freedoms too. Or are they lifetime members of the NWO and are promised a golden ticket once the world is taken over?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
Sadly the truth of what happened with that officer and the dead suspect will never see the light of day.

Whats going to happen? A slap in the wrist for the officer with paid leave for a few weeks. Then he'll be back on duty

Anyone going to remember this incident? Probably not.

Will this happen again? Probably everyday.

The photographer should have provoked the officer even more and made him fire at him.

Now that would do some change.

What they don't realize is that although this may be pushed into the shadows, the rise in these incidents will keep the fires burning.

I don't think it's going to keep being pushed back.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whyshouldI trustyou2619

I saw this video when it first hit you-tube and I remember thinking...this is BS!!! Then the feeling of defeat set in as I knew ultimately it wouldn't get any attention and if it did, it would be glazed over and quickly swept under other "Breaking news" and soon forgot about and ultimately left "unaddressed"...

I am glad It's looking like I was wrong...

My father is Captain of Internal Affairs here at the local PD...I remind him as much as I possibly can of how incredibly easy it is for the "power" and "authority" to go to a cops head and allow for situations as this to happen. He hesitantly agrees and quickly comes to the rescue of his brethren saying "most cops aren't like that" which I agree most aren't, however I don't think most cops would "correct" abuse when they see it...its the "Brother" mentality between police officers that keeps them from holding each-other accountable in the public eye...

There may be some instances of "locker room justice" but ultimately they are just like inmates...NONE of them wants to be labeled a "rat" or "snitch"...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I dont think we know who the tptb are so who knows.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Agreed,

Why would they want to take it away from us? You do realize they become civilians after they leave office and i'm sure they like their freedoms too. Or are they lifetime members of the NWO and are promised a golden ticket once the world is taken over?

Just ask all those no longer in office with their little getaways, Bilderberg memberships and chairs on the boards of the most corrupt corporations in the World.

They have their escape plans in place.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Agreed,

Just ask all those no longer in office with their little getaways, Bilderberg memberships and chairs on the boards of the most corrupt corporations in the World.

They have their escape plans in place.

Well that's alot of people then considering how long this NWO has been in the works. WW2 or so isn't it. Now look at all the people that have served in the government since then. hmmmm

Add in their families and that's a whole lot of golden parachutes

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
LIKE I SAID we don't know who they are so dont claim to know. They are real and we don't know who they are and that's the bottom line cause reesie says so.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whyshouldI trustyou2619

As the cops had every right to pistol point the person. This guys actions drew the attention of law enforcement, which tells me he was to close to the area. An officer involved shooting just occured, and as such, who the hell knows who else might be involved wearing civilian clothes?

Your rights do not allow people to interfere with a police investigation. I really wish people would gegt this through their heads and understand how your rights work.

The photogorapher is in a car, close to the shooting, holding a camera, pointing it at cops to record them.

Gee, I wonder why the moron got pistol pointed and told to leave.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
reply to post by kro32

I dont think we know who the tptb are so who knows.

Sure we do.. according to the majority of paranoid people on this site TPTB is a known group of unkowns who have their hands in every single decision made on this planet, whether it be to go to war, to you going to the store and buying milk. They are to blame for anything and everything, while remaining innocent. They are the ones who tell you when to go to the bathroom, when to sneeze, and when to sleep.

Whats funny though is the only people who push TPTB agenda, are the people who spin the conspiracy to blame the TPTB. You can ask who they are, and you will get guesses with nothing to back it up. You can ask directed questions, and will get obfuscation.

The Powers that Be is the paranoid result of people who spend to much time online, and less time in school learning about how their government works, how nations deal with each other on the global stage, how a free market economy works, supply an ddemand.

It the same people who accuse the government of infringing on inidivuals rights, while at the same time demanding any person who does not agree with them to supply their sources of info, only to call it propoganda.

I have asked the question, WHO ARE TPTB, and to date I have not received any answer other than guesses by people.

To me the term TPTB is nothing more than a manifestation of an evil entity by people who are ignorant on how things work. Instead of learning about how something works, they would prefer to remain ignorant and paranoid, and the only option left is to blame some leaderless, nameless, unknown number of member entity.

Its the only way the world makes sense to some people who are paranoid.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Wow it's nice to see someone on here who actually thinks the way I do.

Very intelligent statement I couldn't have said any better myself.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

well, now that you've shown up,
beat your chest,
and read us the riot act.

how about contributing something intelligent to this thread?
other than pointing out that all civilians are to be
considered a threat, when an oficer guns somebody down
in the street.

fear of retaliation perhaps?
now why would that be?

edit on 12-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: something

new topics

top topics

join