It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes Coming to Conspiracies in Religion.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This forum has become a cesspool of bickering and trolling. This is coming to an end. The change is not to the rules but an enforcement of them as some members are unable to post without causing disruption. Threads that have no conspiracy angle will be moved to Faith, unless they are disruptive, then they will be removed. The threads in Faith will be given the same treatment.

I'm sure there will be calls of "censorship" but these action will be taken against Deist and Atheist threads/posts alike. The staff wishes that these actions didn't have to take place but the disruption has been going on for too long with some NOT listening to the staff, who's responsibility is to the site for ALL members and visitors alike. Not just the few standing on soap boxes bickering. This is to let EVERYONE know what is going to take place in this forum. It is non-negotiable.

ATS is a place for intelligent debate. This forum was one in the past. It will be again. Most will applaud this action and that is the reason that is has to be done. We look forward for it to be one once again.

Cheers!

G-D
edit on 9/26/2011 by Garry Denke because: Quote 4 Top of Page 2

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I am new, please share which forum at ATS do I go to if I want to read about, discuss
the spiritual end times we are in right now? A place to talk about current messages from Heaven?

Secular debate is fine but there are so much important things. Only God has the answer
about our times and they are getting worse, definitely spiritual and the temporal.

thank you,

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The power of your pelvic thrusts don't lie.
You will probably be under some member's microscope.
Not a big deal though. I enjoy the forum section. Some interesting reads.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It is a good call to split the conspiracy side of religion against the Faith.

There is still a shed load of conspiracies to have a go here - look only at the name.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think this is a bad move because controversy and heated debate drive site activity. Those who don't want to participate in these kind of threads are free to ignore them and participate in others. However with these changes those who would participate in these kinds of threads may simply end up visiting ATS less often. Net effect will be a drop in site activity.

Who's to say what qualifies as a conspiracy anyways? Also, as of this time the so called "Faith" forum does not exist.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Quite the opposite, really. Cesspools of bickering and trolling are not fun places to be and purposeful disruption has always been grounds for a posting ban on ATS. hence the Civility and Decorum here that tends to set ATS post from the flotsam of inanity that is commonly found in YouTube comments.

In other words, Health debate is healthy. Kicking and screaming like spoiled children will result in a Time Out.

And this has been a forum for a number of years for the general discussion of faith.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So this thread was posted6 months ago and i still see this forum full of religious BS and hardly any are a conspiracy. Who is actually monitoring this forum?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
While many like the idea of shaping the forums to their liking and eliminating what they don't. It's completely subjective and selective. Any way you slice it, it absolutely is censorship. Just admit, it's my site and tough. My way or the highway. To explain how you're "right" in what you do and have supporters gather around to cluck about how "right" you are is just silly to me without the qualifier.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hi,

I would like to know where to post the prophetic, the messages from
Heaven, Protestant and Catholic?

Do I share them under the Religion forum?

blessings,

colbe

Ephesians 4:5
Despise not Prophecy.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
In theses kind of forums, disagreement drives site activity. Maybe these kinds of arguments get ugly, but that doesn't stop people from getting involved. In fact, I think it encourages them to join in. People are more likely to join a contentious conversation than a tame one, in order to defend a point of view or to object to another they see as ludicrous.

Look at post counts in topics that involve a spirited argument, vs the ones where no major debates crop up. I don't want to encourage rude behavior, but the debate should carry on.

Anyway, the summary of my opinion is that limiting spirited debate is going to lose traffic to the site.

Also, what exactly is meant by "a cesspool of bickering and trolling. This is coming to an end" It isn't really specified in the OP what behavior is being discouraged.

edit on 14-2-2012 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Hey ignore this please. religion.. is not an answer.. has it given you what you want yet? ?????? ???? ??
How about now?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

I'm not sure my reply can be posted ??

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
In theses kind of forums, disagreement drives site activity. Maybe these kinds of arguments get ugly, but that doesn't stop people from getting involved. In fact, I think it encourages them to join in. People are more likely to join a contentious conversation than a tame one, in order to defend a point of view or to object to another they see as ludicrous.

Look at post counts in topics that involve a spirited argument, vs the ones where no major debates crop up. I don't want to encourage rude behavior, but the debate should carry on.

Anyway, the summary of my opinion is that limiting spirited debate is going to lose traffic to the site.

Also, what exactly is meant by "a cesspool of bickering and trolling. This is coming to an end" It isn't really specified in the OP what behavior is being discouraged.

edit on 14-2-2012 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

Exactly, well put.

It's to avoid, the rule, do not discuss "religion or politics" but they bring the best conversations.

Faith is #1 don't you think? 70 years here maybe and an eternity somewhere? We choose where we want to go.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Religion itself is a cesspool of bickering and trolling. I don't see how ATS user direction on this subject matter is not relevant...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
thank you, thank you thank you,

I getting so sick and tired of having to wade through garbage posts written by unemployed losers who can't create anything real in the world, so they mess up what is usually an interesting and informative site. Please do this on the whole site

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It always seems like this happens to forums. I believe a more strict sign up process. One website I signed up for required me to write about a paragraph explaining why I wanted to join and how I could contribute to the forum if I was allowed membership. 2 days later I was accepted and on a probational period. I think forums that do this are onto something.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I have a suggested change. 'Conspiracies in Religions' forum should be listed along with all the others in the 'conspiracy theory forums' .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Looks like a Conspiracy to bury the 'religious and Christian' Threads here otherwise. I would have posted my Thread in the conspiracy forum like I do on other forums but I know my Topic would likely have been moved here right away. Had past experience with that. I am interested in peoples opinions and these threads should be given a fair shake like the other ones.

edit on 28-9-2013 by amy2x because: added text

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have only just really got into looking into ATS the past week or so, and, from what I have seen, it is the most intelligent and inspiring CT forum I have come across to date. I applaud the above moves to keep the site as interesting and informative as I have so far found. Thank you ATS, you have just got a new member.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join