It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes Coming to Conspiracies in Religion.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This forum has become a cesspool of bickering and trolling. This is coming to an end. The change is not to the rules but an enforcement of them as some members are unable to post without causing disruption. Threads that have no conspiracy angle will be moved to Faith, unless they are disruptive, then they will be removed. The threads in Faith will be given the same treatment.

I'm sure there will be calls of "censorship" but these action will be taken against Deist and Atheist threads/posts alike. The staff wishes that these actions didn't have to take place but the disruption has been going on for too long with some NOT listening to the staff, who's responsibility is to the site for ALL members and visitors alike. Not just the few standing on soap boxes bickering. This is to let EVERYONE know what is going to take place in this forum. It is non-negotiable.

ATS is a place for intelligent debate. This forum was one in the past. It will be again. Most will applaud this action and that is the reason that is has to be done. We look forward for it to be one once again.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
ATS is a place for intelligent debate. This forum was one in the past. It will be again. Most will applaud this action and that is the reason that is has to be done. We look forward for it to be one once again.

Please do this for every forum.
The overwhelming vast majority of threads nowdays are garbage or reposts.
(or both)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
In the hopes of helping out here. If members keep in mind that once you post a thread on ATS in any forum? The thread immediatly becomes the property of ATS. So if you continue in the thread you posted? Remember you can't ask anyone to leave YOUR thread because of the obvious foreclosed. You posted the thread and the members, mods and the rest of ATS give you what ever credits you get for it. But that's it. It isn't your thread to decide who makes it their home. Or their bridge or stream.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Forum posts may be the property of ATS, but the opinions contained within are not. Each individual has the responsibility to maintain some form of civility when posting and obey the rules clearly posted by ATS staff.

I have gotten into some heated debates with creationists, but I always try to maintain my side while not verbally bashing the opposing viewpoint. It is very difficult for some people to maintain this civility when they feel their position is offended, but then again that is what the first amendment is all about. We are allowed to say things that you may not like, and you may be offended, but just don't go doing it on purpose as a means to antagonize the opposition so that you can feel villafied.

The rules are there for a reason, and I for one am glad to see ATS mods stepping up their game to really crack down on those who try and bend the rules a little too far.

King

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think the problem is that that the majority of incoming threads in this forum are basic personal religious rants that belong in the faith forum, unlike other forums where at least the rants have some conspiracy to argue about, in this forum the incoming threads are open-ended arguments.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Good, I hope this means that "off topic" posts in the "ME forum" that rant on about 3000 year old unproven religions are marked "off topic" as they should be...

The ME forum should be fact based, not fiction...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Thank God! I mean creationism... I... I mean evolution... I mean... Thank YOU!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What, you mean it's going to have to actually involve conspiracies, rather than just a constant stream of "OMG ISLAM SUCKS LOLOLROFL ATHEISTS TOO LOL LOL"?

If so, nice change.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I am VERY glad to hear this news. Thank you.

The lack of distinction between something that a poster finds interesting and has a religious angle and a thread with an actual conspiracy angle has become very thin.

There are very clear guidelines on what the thread topics should and should not be comprised of, and these have being ignored for quite a while.

Eric
edit on 12-6-2011 by EricD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Thank you.. It has become increasingly hard to find good forum posts to read, as a lot of them lately seem like total nonsense.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I completely agree OP.

Theists AND Atheists should reffrain from such childish immaturity.

And as with debates concerning Politics, Sport, Philosophy, Science; no opinion or belief should be free from challenge, including Religion (or God), or arguments against Religion (or God)

Atheism is the word used to describe a lack of belief; it isn't ALWAYS a positive claim that "there is no God" - I BELIEVE that would be foolish.

Peace and civility.

S+F for attention.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
these action will be taken against Deist and Atheist threads/posts alike. The staff wishes that these actions didn't have to take place but the disruption has been going on for too long with some NOT listening to the staff, who's responsibility is to the site for ALL members and visitors alike. Not just the few standing on soap boxes bickering.
If the Deists and Atheists would all just convert to the one true religion, that would cut way back on the bickering:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dad52cbfed0b.jpg[/atsimg]
But since that's not gonna happen, moderate away!

Most will applaud this action and that is the reason that is has to be done. We look forward for it to be one once again.
I applaud the action and you're right, most will.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
who cares

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I applaud the effort to minimize the inflamatory retoric and blabberings of the raving disruptive types who respond to provoke without considering if their comments would be considered offensive.

But I trust this will not eliminate the flow of free thought. In some cases, I can see spirited comments maybe mistakening for such content.

We all have views and opinions which vary from each other, and all views and opinions should be welcomed.

I would also sugest prior to responding we should consider if we need to even remark at all. I know I can not join in discussion about Ruby Ridge and Waco. I stay away from Middle East discussions as well. Something about my Pro Israeli views do not go over well with the Liberal Left in this Hemisphere.

To all. keep it civil and keep it polite. If it is that difficult, seek subject matters you find appealing and troll in there.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Hey m8, i dont mean to bash or to be rude, but i dont agree with the first line of your signature.

"Never attempt to teach a person that refuses to learn"

If this were to be implemented into the world society as a rule, you wouldn't be talking the language you are now, or any language for that matter, because you learn't it when you were a kid and i know for fact kids don't like to learn.

And i believe that my statement can be applied for anything that a human can be taught in this world.

i see it more as

"those that refuse to learn, need someone brave enough to attempt to teach them."

I know this is completely off topic as to why you wrote this in the OP.
do what ever you want with this post, delete it, remove it, but read it before you do.

Cheers and Peace
edit on 23-6-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I just recently joined the forums, and in order to be interested in continued posting on the forum could someone help me out with the answers to these questions?

I'm not sure I understand why everyone has to post something along the lines of a conspiracy?

If there weren't people who believed in non-conspiracy theories, then there wouldn't be a point in calling anything a "conspiracy", would there?

Are all the topics simply supposed to be chaotic and unfocussed - that is a bigger picture isn't allowed to emerge from anything people post? (whether it is conspiracy or not?)

I can understand if people who follow religion as a faith - are simply repeating themselves without new logic being introduced - if those posts are moved to faith.
edit on 24-8-2011 by sensibleSenseless because: added some pieces to finish a sentence

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join