It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Threatens Violence For Taking Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

If he wants to be treated like a regular person then get of the suit and act like a regular person. I don't see anybody else but the cops standing around watching everything armed and with a dog besides the person video taping it but in the end he is doing the same thing the cop is. Wouldn't it be better if the cop had video recorder so if something did happen everyone could watch the tape and know exactly what happend. Just seems like the cop got mad because someone was doing his job better than him.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by gabby2011

So what if they did? You wouldn't even know about it would you? So who does it hurt? This is a weak argument.

Not a weak argument at all, because rumors made by those who do see ,and choices made upon those rumors, can cause so much personal damage, and without the victim ever really knowing where the source originated from.

I think what you said is a damn weak excuse for calling my argument weak. What's wrong? did I push a guilty button?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by testtubebaby
This is the problem.

The public is so babied and pathetic that now threats are against the law.

Who cares if someone say something. Race, Sex now violence.

What the HELL?

ITs only words. We the people seem to bring all this crap on ourselves.

Complaining about every damn thing.

The cop did not do anything except speak.

Threats are nothing. People are just whiny little maggots these days. And this is coming from someone who
HATES cops with a passion.

People need to grow up.

So, the guy recording should have broken the cop's face?
Why, does someone make a threat either because they are weak and want to appear strong or because they are going to carry out the threat. So, when some one threatens you you can either blow off as them being weak or attatck them first because you believe that they are going to carry it out. If you just blow people of as being weak sooner or later you will probally meet some one that is going to carry it out so it is best to assume anyone that threatens you is going to carry it out.
So, the guy recording should have broken the cop's face?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

No you pushed a button that makes zero sense.... Going on these what if scenarios as logic, then everything would be outlawed.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
the cop should have been smacked across his mouth

scumbags with badges are worse than criminals

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As a photojournalist, I have to disagree with you...it's legal under the first and fourth amendment to photograph in a public place, especially when it involves public officials.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

He definitely deserved to be smacked, but sadly that piece of metal pinned to his shirt is a liscence to kill. If he feels even mildly threatened he can pull out his gun and shoot you, and I have no doubt that this fat loser would have done just that, or at least tazed him after he's out of breath from whacking him with his baton a few times. We've all seen those stories where a cop shoots an innocent dog because he felt "threatened", scale that up to a grown man smacking him in his face and he'd probably soil himself while discharging his weapon wildly hoping to hit his target.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
As a person with a gun on the hip, a dog on a leash, and whole mess of radio back up.

Tough guy breaking faces.

He was so pudgy I'm sure a flight of stairs would be all the deterrence one would require against such a pork barrel.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

That's why we have the RIGHT to bear arms aswell, if they're gonna shoot at me, you damn well better believe im shooting back.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I can understand where you are coming from , and there has to be a certain amount of freedom..but it seems odd to me that allowing whether or not you want an image of yourself produced is asking so much. I mean..it is your body ,your face..why should anybody be allowed to just photograph it.

Next we won't even have the rights to call it our body,because technically we didn't create it out of our own resources.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
F you you sorry, fascist excuse for a cop. It will be a happy day when you eat you last donut, keeling over from a massive cardiac arrest befitting your obvious slovenly habits.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Believe me I'd love nothing more than to shoot it out with some corrupt cops, but it's all fun and games (murder?) until the media spins it to make you look like some Jared Loughner, I can see it now: "His account name on the insurgent conspiracy site was 'Nobama', so he clearly had an anti-government agenda that he felt the need to take out on an innocent police officer who was just doing his job."

Plus who is the judge going to trust, the honest citizen who was exercising his constitutional rights, or the insecure hot-headed cop who was abusing his power? Sadly 4 times out of 5 they'll probably take the cops side.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

What about the personal freedom of not wanting your photo taken??..especially by strangers...guess that doesn't count as personal freedom?

You're free to not to want and I'm free to take pictures. Both our freedoms are preserved.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

What about the personal freedom of not wanting your photo taken??..especially by strangers...guess that doesn't count as personal freedom?

You're free to not to want and I'm free to take pictures. Both our freedoms are preserved.

If so then the freedom to tell some one to stop is preserved also and for that fact the freedom to threaten would be also, and fighting that would come from the threat and killing which would come from the fight all of these would be preserved freedoms.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
In most countries you are free to say words like stop etc. but everyone has the freedom to ignore them too. So that's not quite accurate.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I didn't say I like it, but it is what it is. Until they take down all the "security cameras" they got pointed at all of us, they have zero to stand on demanding their own privacy from us.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

In most countries you are free to say words like stop etc. but everyone has the freedom to ignore them too. So that's not quite accurate.

Right they have the freedom to ignore them, but freedom only comes into play when their are options so they would also have the freedom to keep it going and make it worse.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

That's the sad part about it as you explained. Simply practicing your rights can be interpreted as extremism! We have a backwards way of looking at where the freedoms should be protected.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
Yeah I wouldn't want my picture taken either if I was a life threateningly obese high school drop-out who had to settle for law enforcement with no aspirations in life other than to abuse power given to me by a piece of metal pinned to a shirt. This fat turd is pathetic, and he as well as the thousands of other cops just like him, are the epitome of the "fat pig" persona that more and more people have in their mind when they see cops nowadays. He is harrassing the very people that his career obligates him to protect, and I don't understand how people like this get to keep their job after acting like this and embarrassing all cops with his stupidity, it seems that police officers superiors don't even care, they just give them a little slap on the wrist suspension with the same old generic public statement, then it's back to the streets to harrass people. I guess his ego is so inflated that he feels the need to threaten anybody that videotapes him doing his job. It's completely OK for him to videotape you during a DUI stop, but if the tables are turned and he gets videotaped, he'll "Break your f****** face". I think that if cops were doing their job normally like they should they would have no problem with being videotaped.

Quoted for truth.

I wish I had the sanity these days to put into words what you did.

Kudos!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Are you serious? Cant take pictures of people in public? Why the hell not?

I just explained why the hell not.

Somebody could take a pic of your cute 4 year old,

There are not many cute 4 year old cops.

Sure they might act like 4 year olds, but hey - theyre not.

And cute? Cops? Like a grated lemon in the sun..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join