It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Threatens Violence For Taking Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
My camera has a little light that turns red when I begin recording, well, it used to until I painted over it with my wife's nail polish.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What about news crews? or a CCTV nearby? At least in Illinois the CCTV cameras and the city's own big brother cams should be taken down then. I've said it before, if the government tells us, if we have nothing to hide then we should not worry about being on camera, same goes for the PUBLIC servants.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

They have absolutely no hesitation of taking our pictures and recording our voices. Apparently they have something to hide. If it gets this kind of outrage from them it should give them hesitation. We don't like it either. They think we don't feel and want to react in the same way. How does it feel when its on the other foot. They really really don't like it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Good work officer,nobody likes to have their privacy invaded.

Your comment is outrageous and you are a disgrace as a human being after hearing what this PIG (peace officer) said. I mean look at the guy I bet you he can't pass a PT test let alone a weight standard test. I guess too many trips to Dunkin Donuts or could it be Krispy Kreme.

I live near there and yes I am going to do whatever I can to make sure he is removed from his job. What he said was a threat to another human and yes I understand he said as a person but he is in uniform. I was an officer myself and I know about escalation of force and what the job is all about.

This is the reason that I am no longer in law enforcement. It seems that you and many others have forgotten what law enforcement is all about. It is about upholding the laws set down by god or whatever you want to call him. These are simple laws where no man is any better than another and it is your job to protect your fellow human being. If someone does happen to harm or intrude on someone as this officer clearly did then it is your right and obligation to do what is right.

It is sad when you look around the world and see what law enforcement has been doing in about the last 20 years and how it has gone bad. All Peace Officers and that is all you are need to sit back and think. Yes you are employed by what ever state, municipality, or federal agency but you still are no different than any of us. What you are doing and are being trained to do against other people by forsaking our rights is wrong. I also understand you are scared at times but you don't need to be a part of the problem instead need to stand up against what you know in your heart is wrong even if it was an order.

Get out into the community and really sit down get to know people and stop all this hate and tension within the community.

I swore an oath to defend this country against all enemies foreign and domestic!! I will hold to this oath and extend it to any living, breathing person as should you!
edit on 11-6-2011 by IncognitoGhostman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I wish a cop ever tells me this "as a person" cuz I will be inviting him "as a person" after his shift to see if he live up to his words when he has no handgun, baton or BS OC spray...

There's a cop here in town that kept harassing someone and after awhile the guy got pissed and he told the cop the next time he went to bug him for no reason as usual he'd would f*** him up so bad his own mother wouldn't recognize him... So Mr.Cop felt he had a challenge and did it again... this all happened about 8 months ago and the cop is on his fifth facial reconstruction surgery... other dude doesn't even have a scratch... he was brought in court but he managed pretty lucky there's a bunch of people that were witness that the cop was at fault and he went again after having been warned and was in fact harassing the guy for no reasons...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

He's a "public servant" his "privacy" starts where his shift ends.... period....

If they didn't want to be filmed or looked at they should of chosen a job that fit their needs...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I had an incident about 6 years ago where a man tried to start a fight with my brother-in-law and my wife was caught in the mix. I pulled my wife out of the scrap and before I knew it I was jumped on by two cops. One cop was not in uniform.

I didn't know the one officer was a cop and I ended up breaking one's nose and took three hits to the face by another officer.....while I had my hands in the air. I did that because he was uniformed.

But they could not put me down. Needless to say, I went home that night and the one cop now works security at Wal-Mart.

Karma can be sweet.

edit on 12-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: grammar

edit on 12-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I would have told him to bring it on mtrfkr and kicked him square off in his nuts then beat him about his head and shoulders with his dead dog

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by sonnny1

They have absolutely no hesitation of taking our pictures and recording our voices. Apparently they have something to hide. If it gets this kind of outrage from them it should give them hesitation. We don't like it either. They think we don't feel and want to react in the same way. How does it feel when its on the other foot. They really really don't like it.

Agree.Police should be held to a higher standard. Not all LEO's are bad,but this whole violent encounter is becoming the norm. I suggest that everyone knows their laws,when it comes to recording LEO's or you could find yourself facing years in jail for recording them.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
An officer with the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority threatens violence just for filming him after a fight broke out in downtown Buffalo.

Let's ask a few questions here.

1) When threatened with imminent bodily harm, how does a police officer react? Does he draw his weapon, taser, fist?
2) When a threat is made to an officer of the law, what is the punishment? Assault, Obstruction of Justice?
3) When an officer is handling a dog trained to attack, should he make threats to a citizen, if the dog is trained to pick up on those cues?

Just a few questions.

Now my opinion.

1) Lawsuit
2) Push for Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (4 charges max : Pistol, Dog, Taser, Fist) because the officer was using his uniform and everything he carried to make his threat as a person, and the court will find that saying as a person doesn't change the fact he had those weapons available.
3) Push for Obstruction of Justice, because the police officer was obviously using taxpayer time for personal threats instead of pursuing any justice other than what he considered vigilante justice.
4) Endangering a Minor because any scuffle that would have broken out would have left a German Shepherd trained to attack, subdue and kill would be loose in a public area.

I'm pretty sure there is plenty more that a lawyer can come up with, but that's a start.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
If that is the case then the following should happen

1, Start filming again
2, Get face broken
3, Raise a Hue and Cry to arrest the attacker for
i, impersonating a police officer
ii, assault
iii, Actual bodily harm
iv, Causing an affray
v. Disturbing the peace.
4, Call on fellow law abiding citizen to effect a citizens arrest
5, Call the real police
6, File criminal charges against another private citizen

If he was filming the police in uniform that is not against the law, once he disregarded his position and made threats, that's the end of it. While as a private citizen it might be counted as provocation, any physical attack would be outside the realm of reasonable force.

Do you in the US have something like we do in the UK, called the Police Complaints Commission. ALl this footage we are seeing coming out about the blatant arrogance of these thugs, need to be dealt with severely. As they are simply NOT doing the job they are paid to do. Protect the citizenry. It's 1930's Germany all over again!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Btw guys the "punishment" for this guy was 2 days suspencion. I'd call that a nice little vacation
source: PINAC

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Cops are SCUM. Every single one of them. "Oh but all cops aren't bad" Oh really? When you sign up as a police officer, you know for a fact that you are going to enforce laws that violate people's rights and freedoms as American citizens. You are taught to trick, lie, and steal from people. That is your job. If you want to help people, become a fireman, someone in the medical field, etc. There are so many professions out there that actually do help people. Becoming a police officer should be looked down upon almost as much as a common murderer or thief, that is what the majority of them basically are. Except they are endorsed by the state. I have zero empathy or respect for any police officer, because a police officer is nothing but a hired thug to enforce corporate policy, and as I previously said, has a job to enforce laws that violate our rights as citizens.

Not to even mention the human garbage like the "officer" in this video. These sub-humans are even worse.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Maybe some people dont like cops,its your perogative,know what I mean bobby brown.But the real story here is that cameras are everywhere,recording everything.The same people bitching and moaning here will be bitching and moaning when the camera takes their license plate going through a red light.The real fight is protecting your freedoms being taken away,not the fact that one police officer takes offense to being filmed for no reason.I take offense to the person with the video recorder.You either can fight for your privacy and freedoms or you can be a part of the system taking away privacy and freedom.People walking around with video cameras filming people are helping to normalize privacy reduction.The cop overreacted by losing his temper,but he was right to not want his privacy invaded.I defend privacy ,and dont think having cameras everywhere,is the american way.God bless America.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
well i hate cameras too..but the disturbing thing in that video is..

the use of words...thats just wrong for a cop..and shows his real face

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It seems like there's a double standard when it comes to cops being videoed. The municipalities can position cameras anywhere in the city and video anyone walking by. They can install cameras at intersections, toll booths, shopping centers, public parks and at intersections. Yet the public can't video them while they're in public? What are they so afraid of. If they're doing their job, why should they care?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I've cammed up my car, house, and yard with the recording being sent, via internet, to a non-disclosed location. I am sorting it out for my person to be camera equipped the same. Those of us who think that law enforcement is acting above their authority should follow suit. If they are unsure from where or whom the video will come from, they might stick to the law a bit more.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

yes i'm sure when being arrested or questioned you could go up to a cop and say turn off the video camera

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
From reading the post, apparently, the officer in question recieved a 2-day suspension for this remark. That would be appropriate I think, since it goes in his serivice record, I would assume. Was what hedid wrong? Apparently, yes, witness the suspension. I know that on this site there's a lot of ascertion that police and other law enforcement agencies in this country have deeper and darker policies and agendas, and I believe that to be true in some respects. Conversely, what we're also dealing with here is just another human being, and we ALL make mistakes! The uniform a police officers wear is the same as wearing a big fat bullseye, at least imo, these days thats the way it seems. Again, folks that decide to be police officers, soldiers, etc chooose to do that, and they are just regular old human beings so they all have melt downs to. In this case, he paid for it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

If you are in a public place there is no "reasonable expectation of privacy"!

Take For example: A public phone booth ( remember them?Probably not huh...) if you leave the door slid open and I overhear your conversation; I can use it (legally). If you slide the door closed ( and I put my ear up against the glass to hear . I can't). Because you made an effort to be private; and "had a reasonable expectation of privacy".

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join